Played 45 holes today. Wind was a factor but temps were so nice we dealt with the wind. Still playing around with weights from time to time. From say 85 or 90 and on I’m so confident with these. The 54T was the star of the show today. From around the greens with mid to short chips it was on fire. Probably lipped out 5 chips today. Little short chips hit low would check so hard. All I had to do was point and shoot. The more I use them the more impressed I am. With the way they check and stop I find that I have to adapt and hit them right at the flag.
The spin on chip shots out of the fairway is crazy. I have never been able to do that before. It’s taking me a bit of time to adjust and learn how to hit it consistently but it’s so nice to know I can hit those checkers and be able to stop it when the situation calls for it.

The spin on chip shots out of the fairway is crazy. I have never been able to do that before. It’s taking me a bit of time to adjust and learn how to hit it consistently but it’s so nice to know I can hit those checkers and be able to stop it when the situation calls for it.
The SMS wedges check so well I’ve had to learn to hit them tight to the pins.

I think that is my problem with chips right now. I had some long chips that I expected to roll out but checked up on me today. I did get spin out of 2 bunkers which shocked me. I hit a one hop and stop from 85yds that was 2ft for birdie.....that was cool.

I think that is my problem with chips right now. I had some long chips that I expected to roll out but checked up on me today. I did get spin out of 2 bunkers which shocked me. I hit a one hop and stop from 85yds that was 2ft for birdie.....that was cool.

Ugh, yall are going to make me get this out on a familiar course before benching it.

Ugh, yall are going to make me get this out on a familiar course before benching it.
The wedges are so good I’m really looking forward to getting my irons in the bag. I think they can be special.

Don’t bench it. By far the best wedges ive ever played. Have you tinkered with moving the weights around". When you hit the right spot they really become magical. I was spinning balls back 6 to 8 ft on Thursday. I haven’t done that since hitting balata balls with square grooves

Yeah I need to learn to fly it closer to the pin because I'm so used to them rolling out and today I had 3 or 4 that I left short becuase they just hit and stopped.

Looks like im in the 80% Edel says get better results with the heavy weight someplace other than center. After this weekend the experimenting is over. What surprised me is the best location by far for me is the toe. Thats the last place I would have thought but it isn't even close. Don't know the reason for it but for me it is the best and im hitting it well to the point the guys I usually play with have noticed and want to try it.

The sole grinds on these wedges is fantastic. They do not seem to spin as much as other wedges for me. I am ok with it but it is something I noticed.

Everyone that saw my d grind this weekend had the shocked Pikachu face.

Tried the weight in the toe again in my practice round yesterday and quickly moved it back. Maybe I've just adjusted to it or maybe I'm actually part of the 20%. 🤷‍♂️ All I know is the way I'm playing right now, I'm sticking with the weights in the center. Can't heap enough praise on these wedges right now.

Tried the weight in the toe again in my practice round yesterday and quickly moved it back. Maybe I've just adjusted to it or maybe I'm actually part of the 20%. 🤷‍♂️ All I know is the way I'm playing right now, I'm sticking with the weights in the center. Can't heap enough praise on these wedges right now.
And i think the fact that so many of us are finding better results with different weight placement in the exact same wedges is absolute proof that the system of moving the weights to enhance performance actually works. That is great.

Short Game recently has been a weakness, not the wedges fault I am terrible at chipping.....Need to get to a chipping green and practice for couple hours to get my confidence back.

And i think the fact that so many of us are finding better results with different weight placement in the exact same wedges is absolute proof that the system of moving the weights to enhance performance actually works. That is great.

I'd be curious to see what an Edel fitter would put me in, but right now these wedges and my irons fall into the 'cold dead hands' category for me.

I'd be curious to see what an Edel fitter would put me in, but right now these wedges and my irons fall into the 'cold dead hands' category for me.
I am hoping when I go down for my iron fitting we can do some adjusting and figure out what “the spot” is supposed to be. For now the Center is feeling the best except for the 58 where I have it in the toe still. I’ve made some slight adjustments to my chipping technique and the SMS are putting in work for me.

I am hoping when I go down for my iron fitting we can do some adjusting and figure out what “the spot” is supposed to be. For now the Center is feeling the best except for the 58 where I have it in the toe still. I’ve made some slight adjustments to my chipping technique and the SMS are putting in work for me.
I wonder if there is one “spot” or if weight placement may change depending on the individual iron. Look forward to hearing how it goes.

Short game continues to be the shining light of my golf game and my only strokes gained stat. I struggled a bit with distance control tonight when I had some shorter approach yardages into the pin than normal, but that’s never been my strong suit. Might move the weight back into the heel for a round or two and see how it affects full swing shots as I had a few leak off to the right tonight. I really like how these frame the ball, the head shape is really aesthetically pleasing to me, and it’s helped me out a lot feeling like I’m on my target starting line for chips. Shot scope data is telling me my average proximity to the hole is 17ft, with 32% of chips ending up 0-5’ away. I feel like with stats like that I could potentially be scoring a lot better than I am, but that’s an issue with another part of my game 😁. Really like having these in the bag.

Took my first two swings with the weight at the toe for my 60 C grind (previously kept it in the middle for all three wedges). Changed it late in the round just to try it. The results were great - both right at the flag (one a little long but that was user error on distance). Will try it in the 56 V and the 48 C this weekend.

Finally a lot of good work head to head with prior wedge.

I'll have to be dissenting voice a bit.
The good is really good, but it is punishing on high face and toe hits, regardless of weight position.

And 5 to 10 yards shorter on full shots.

Will try to check the loft as well.

Last edited:
Swapped the weights over to the heel in all 3 to prep for tomorrow’s round. I was kind of blown away by how dense the 8g weight felt compared to the 2g. Pretty wild that shifting that weight over such relatively small distance can make such a huge difference to people. When I was in for my driver adjustment on the Ping the other night, we ended up moving the small weight at the back to the heel as well, and the results so far have been pretty positive.

Swapped the weights over to the heel in all 3 to prep for tomorrow’s round. I was kind of blown away by how dense the 8g weight felt compared to the 2g. Pretty wild that shifting that weight over such relatively small distance can make such a huge difference to people. When I was in for my driver adjustment on the Ping the other night, we ended up moving the small weight at the back to the heel as well, and the results so far have been pretty positive.
You all are making me very jealous. Have not touched my clubs since last Sunday. Work sucks. Thankfully big project is nearing an end. More golf right around the corner.

You all are making me very jealous. Have not touched my clubs since last Sunday. Work sucks. Thankfully big project is nearing an end. More golf right around the corner.
Soon enough my man. Maybe I ought to book a trip down to OK and put some coveralls on and help you free up some time 😁.

Back