Callaway JAWS Raw Wedges

Only a judgey person would judge it as crazy.

Especially when the first 2 proximities are 7 and 9 feet. :D

These are great on this turf.

I'm not saying that they change your life.

20220630_141310.jpg

I am saying that they might get basically paid for by your friends pretty darn quick. :LOL:

Until they get theirs..

Passing all the tests. I'll be excited to get my actual ones in play.

If you're not following Anthony Taranto on Instagram you need to. He is posting all kinds of awesomeness on these.

Taranto Instagram

Did what I do, which is pick a test yardage (120y, CSX LS) and hit a couple to check things out.

I'm not saying I could play them.

I'm saying I will play them. And you should too.

That's probably it for the fun for now. Have to wait until I can get my real ones all built up and kicking @ss. Good things will come to those wait... and are ready to hand over their monies for awesome stuff. :D

Did what I do, which is pick a test yardage (120y, CSX LS) and hit a couple to check things out.

I'm not saying I could play them.

I'm saying I will play them. And you should too.

That's probably it for the fun for now. Have to wait until I can get my real ones all built up and kicking @ss. Good things will come to those wait... and are ready to hand over their monies for awesome stuff. :D

Damn! Nice friggin shots 🤯

Last one on #17

This was fun. Let's do this again in a couple weeks. :p:p:p

Sshh!!

I told them in their thread that I had a submission, and asked if they wanted the shot setup, or cut down without it.

If you're in here @hadi05 and @ryang13 , don't watch this one. I cut it off before I mention one of you!!

Sshh!!

I told them in their thread that I had a submission, and asked if they wanted the shot setup, or cut down without it.

If you're in here @hadi05 and @ryang13 , don't watch this one. I cut it off before I mention one of you!!
My bad! I couldn't help myself. New contest idea: club twirl as an afterthought. :D

Sshh!!

Best freaking news I've heard all day! 🤣🤣🤣 and I got to see a wedge with fresh treads today too 🤣🤣

I saw these in the store already for sale. Very tempted

I thought they weren't available until 7/8?
Maybe a mistake. If someone is not paying attention they’ll assume they are the full face .

I thought they weren't available until 7/8?
Saw them out somewhere here (not my home area) this morning too. Just jumping par a bit. Some places put things out as soon as they get them.

I played with a friend of mine yesterday late afternoon who had purchased earlier in the day of 56 and 60° black Raw wedges and I must say boy did they spin a lot. He got up and down on the sand twice and was able to stop it really quick with one hop and stop.

I had played with him earlier in the day and he asked me about what wedges he should buy and I told him the Callaway were getting great reviews so we went out and took a look at various wedges and ended up with a Callaway‘s. Let’s say after our second round of the other day yesterday afternoon he was very pleased with his decision.

Potentially dumb question. These have variable weight pads across the different lofts to help with CG. Thicker on the higher lofts to get more weight on the high toe to raise the CG and help keep the ball flight down. Why do you want to keep the ball flight down with a lower launch on the higher lofts, presumably when you'd be using them to get up quick and land soft? This increases spin?

Potentially dumb question. These have variable weight pads across the different lofts to help with CG. Thicker on the higher lofts to get more weight on the high toe to raise the CG and help keep the ball flight down. Why do you want to keep the ball flight down with a lower launch on the higher lofts, presumably when you'd be using them to get up quick and land soft? This increases spin?
Well there's different takes on the needs and benefits if it. On approach some tour guys and some better players tend to prefer lower flight higher spinning wedges shots for better control. That's theoretically the goal with some of that. Not everyone wants or needs that. If you struggle getting them airborne or with consistent strike and spin, might not be the best choice. Some people's best bet is to just get it up and on and deal with any roll. Others yet struggle with adding too much loft to their short irons and not getting enough distance out of them. They could benefit from a more penetrating flight. In general though, the desire for a lower flight and higher spin tend to be the wish of someone who is consistent in their strike and landings and looking for more control. Chipping I think it's more of a general benefit. Come out forward instead of up and with a little bite.

So the guys/gals that might want the 08/Z grind or something maybe want the aggressive flighted shot with a lot of spin on it. Some of the ones playing a high bounce wide sole for more forgiveness but throw a little extra loft on it want it to help them penetrate a bit.

I love it. Suits me well. Some will tell you that almost no one should be trying to hit their wedges lower. That's what all the model and bounce and grind and cg options are for though. They offer something for everyone everyone.

Back