Taylormade Stealth UDI and Stealth DHY

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
It’s that time of year in the golfing world when the focus shifts towards playing in the blustery conditions synonymous with The Open Championship. When thinking about how the best players in the world attack the links courses within the rota, we tend to think more about controlled long irons instead of the incredible length that today’s drivers provide. With that in mind, it should be no surprise that TaylorMade is announcing their latest hybrid and driving iron, the Stealth UDI and Stealth DHY

Stealth-UDI-DHY-Family-1-L.jpeg

TaylorMade has gone to the well with some of their finest iron/hybrid...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimate Driving Iron has a nice BMW like ring to it, which reminds me of the older M series and colors on the drivers. I am a fan of the tech filled side of this part of the bag generally speaking and the DHY sounds pretty darn good.

I've never felt too confident with driving irons, have always struggled to elevate them, but after seeing a few in action this year and the amount of tech being packed into them I am absolutely intrigued.

The DHY seems fantastic. The benefits of a hybrid but the looks of an iron. I think that it's a good thing to have in the bag if you would put a use to it. In a perfect world if I could punch out or need to a lot it is something I would want to have as an option.

I think I missed the pricing on the write up - but I imagine something between a wood/hybrid and iron like 250 a club?

• Staff
Ultimate Driving Iron has a nice BMW like ring to it, which reminds me of the older M series and colors on the drivers. I am a fan of the tech filled side of this part of the bag generally speaking and the DHY sounds pretty darn good.

yeah DHY would be much more up my alley. It’s interesting the colors here, only a very subtle hint on red that is synonymous with the Stealth line. I kind of dig the two toned look these have.

DHY would be a fun club to hit, at the very least interesting.

yeah DHY would be much more up my alley. It’s interesting the colors here, only a very subtle hint on red that is synonymous with the Stealth line. I kind of dig the two toned look these have.
Maybe a bit more “stealthy”? I say that in jest, but Stealth overall isn’t all that subtle. This seems to be.

I like the sounds of the DHY just not sure where it fits in my bag. I do like the looks. Be interesting to see it tested against a Fli-Hi.

I like the design and look of the UDI.

These are great looking clubs. The DHY definitely has the more forgiving look of the two, and the mid/low ball flight would be a great option to have for some windy days.

These are great looking clubs. The DHY definitely has the more forgiving look of the two, and the mid/low ball flight would be a great option to have for some windy days.
I think the windy day thing is a key. When you don't want to be bombing it around or when you need a low stinger. If you are capable of hitting those shots I think this style of club would be a great addition.

Oh heck yes! Going to see if some raw wedges are out and about and see if someone didn't read the DNT label on these:D.

Can't wait to put a swing on this UDI. Going to put my OG in the truck to make sure when I find one, it can be tested pronto! The price sticker I looked at seem to be in line with previous models. Could this be the one to unseat one of my favorite clubs to hit?

Can preorder my current set up on their website now minus the flex, but oh my gets up to near driver pricing. Components push it back to 7/15. Not too bad on the timing.

Last edited:
Oh heck yes! Going to see if some raw wedges are out and about and see if someone didn't read the DNT label on these:D.

Can't wait to put a swing on this UDI. Going to put my OG in the truck to make sure when I find one, it can be tested pronto! The price sticker I looked at seem to be in line with previous models. Could this be the one to unseat one of my favorite clubs to hit?

Can preorder my current set up on their website now minus the flex, but oh my gets up to near driver pricing. Components push it back to 7/15. Not too bad on the timing.
Id be curious with either of these for you. Both seem like they could fit the bill.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
A lot of tech packed into these. I've never tried a driving iron. I know there's mention of use from the tee or fairway, but are these typically playable from the fairway for an average player? I guess I always assumed these were limited to the tee for the most part, which is why they never drew my attention. Haven't looked at them in years though so could totally see the upgraded tech making it easier.

Great write-up @ddec ! Any idea on price? You can see the evolution from the GAPR line up to Stealth. I am curious how many people would gravitate to the UDI/DHY over the standard Stealth Hybrid/Hybrid +?

A lot of tech packed into these. I've never tried a driving iron. I know there's mention of use from the tee or fairway, but are these typically playable from the fairway for an average player? I guess I always assumed these were limited to the tee for the most part, which is why they never drew my attention. Haven't looked at them in years though so could totally see the upgraded tech making it easier.
I believe it is $249 each.

I didn't get to pick mine up before leaving town when I posted them the other day. Doesn't look like today I'll get there either. Looking forward to it though. Nice delivery of some of the details, @ddec. They actually did make a couple changes to them despite what a few of us thought from the looks.

UDIs and DHYs always seem like a good idea but I just don't know what they add to my bag that I don't already have. But, I still want one.

Id be curious with either of these for you. Both seem like they could fit the bill.
I agree and going to hit them both. The added info @ddec put out has risen the excitement level.

Was quite empressed at the smaller size of the DHY. It's probably going to launch too high for me but will give it a shot. It's the 2UDI that has me excited the most.

I agree and going to hit them both. The added info @ddec put out has risen the excitement level.

Was quite empressed at the smaller size of the DHY. It's probably going to launch too high for me but will give it a shot. It's the 2UDI that has me excited the most.
Are they strictly off the tee clubs for you? In general, not these specifically.

I have really been curious about this type of club. Both of these seem to have a lot going for them tech wise. Both look really nice too.

I really need to find somewhere i can hit these.

Looks wise yes, but never really been good clubs for me.

Are they strictly off the tee clubs for you? In general, not these specifically.
No, I use mine off the deck on longer par 5's too. Confidence is high when I pull it from the bag.

Back