Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
When LA GOLF hit the scene, they were met with reactions all over the place. From the simplest assumptions that they would just be a Matrix reboot, all the way to discussion of them trying to modernize the golf shaft segment with a deep ownership group that includes several PGA Tour players.

As it turns out, none of us had any clue just what LA GOLF planned on becoming, and realistically, we still may not know as this brand continues to dip its toes into a little bit of everything.

Continue reading...

Looks nice. Would definitely try that.

I dig it. I didnt want to, but the oversize, the look in hand and the feel are all really good.

You lost me at $1,500! Plus, it's not adjustable?? Uhhh .... nope, not for Moi ;)

Probably the most surprising was the lack of adjustability in lie angle. Not so much with the material, but surprised they didn’t offer it with options. Although I could also see with the material they did a run of X number and trying to manage inventory with those options would be challenging.

Enjoyed the write up!

I can't drop that much especially on a putter that looks like it would be in the sales bin at Dunham Sports

I'm sure there is a market for this putter, albeit limited due to price. I wonder what it is like putting all that tech in one place - how does it work? Unfortunately, doubt if I will be able to roll a few with it.

Do they throw a fitting in with the $1500 price tag?

For all carbon fiber, I understand the price a bit.

For 4X stiff, I mean… I’d roll it just for the fun of it. I’m guessing that shaft isn’t flexing much haha

I would really need to see this up against my traditional putter. The head being that much larger could be very odd to my eyes. And with that price tag I just don’t see many stores even carrying this to try. It’s such a limited niche product that very very few would even consider buying.

Glad you all enjoyed the tech rundown on this one. I’ll have it in hand this coming week to get some outside work on it.

The look feedback is interesting to me, I like that they went with a Damascus look in the carbon fiber. I don’t really get the “cheap” comments there at all.

That thing is huge!!

Good writeup, @Jman. I have to say it looks better in those pics than in the pre-release pics we've seen. I like the Damascus look in the CF, but I think where the "cheap" look comes in (at least for me) is the "LA GOLF" lettering in the cavity. It doesn't look as sharp/defined as CNC in traditional metal materials, and maybe the font makes it even worse - very plain. The bolts on either side of the logo look strange/out of place to me, although I'm sure they probably hold the face insert in place.

I think calling it "bold" is right on the nose. The tech is very interesting and they have a lot of it packed in there, but that price tag definitely puts a damper on my interest. I just can't see dropping what I'd pay for a whole set of irons on a putter unless it's out of this world better than anything else on the market. For that kind of money I'd want it to include an expert caddie to make all my reads and a pro to hit the putts for me. :LOL:

Machined carbon fiber, crazy and awesome. That thing is massive, but for getting to the MOI it makes sense. Would love to see the mallet in hand.
1657112293374.png
F2C3A10D-C545-498F-B866-23CB50E10CE8.jpeg

Naw, I don't like it. It's not pretty enough. And it's too much money.

The interesting thing on that? They don’t really talk about the size in their release materials…
I noticed that. I wonder why? I am guessing that the know it will be a instant turn off and they are hoping people will try it and the performance will override the shock of the size.. I compared it before to the macgregor response.

I like the increased size - even though you're supposed to be hitting it in the center it will help the overall stability. I'm with all of the others that I can't/won't afford a $1,500 putter.

The price puts it out of reach for me, but I'm not against it otherwise. I do enjoy larger clubs/putters etc the additional size doesn't bother me.

That is not a good looking putter at all IMO. While the tech sounds interesting, it also seems overrated for a putter. Hard pass at $1500

That is not a good looking putter at all IMO. While the tech sounds interesting, it also seems overrated for a putter. Hard pass at $1500
Asking genuinely, What makes a putter overrated? Its a shape that seems fairly common, albeit larger. It features a tech that is talked about by every company in MOI and a material that I do not believe has ever been done for the putter head in full.

I totally agree that the cost is high, but with the high price of milled steel putters, I would think many would find it falls in line.

Asking genuinely, What makes a putter overrated? Its a shape that seems fairly common, albeit larger. It features a tech that is talked about by every company in MOI and a material that I do not believe has ever been done for the putter head in full.

I totally agree that the cost is high, but with the high price of milled steel putters, I would think many would find it falls in line.
Was just about to ask this

Still think this thing is insane. I’ll probably never see one unless I’m at Club Champion.

Back