Me and My Golf Training Aids

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Piers and Andy.

Honestly, if you are a true internet golfer, then you likely yelled aloud “Me and My Golf!” when you read their names. If you aren’t, then no worries, we won’t be revoking your internet street cred card anytime soon, but we will be giving you a little rundown of just who these two massively popular PGA Teaching Professionals are as well as their debut into the world of training aids.

Curious? Well, lets get into it, shall we?

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super confused (this shouldn't be a surprise) but it's the golf ball that breaks? How does that work? I'm sure I just don't get it.

This looks awesome because it's not just a straight putt all of the time and I like the real world application of some of the training aids on surface is also very cool.

Ummmm... those towels are genius. How has no one thought of something like that before?!?!?!?

The different balls is intriguing, are they just built to wobble essentially? That’s the only way I can mentally picture them breaking like that.

The towel is a great one for people. Talk about low point control and knowing if you hit it a smidge heavy

Really interesting stuff. Not sure if I'd be interested in the towels to be honest, but I am in the market for an indoor putting mat. A way to come up with breaking putts is genius. Doing it via the golf balls is really unique. My only concern would be, will the amount it breaks change depending on how you line up/place the ball on the mat? Basically, if it's a toss up to how the ball will break based on how you place it, is there a benefit?

The towels stand out for me. Just so simple, but why hasn't anyone else done it?

The ball striker towel especially. I really struggle with getting to wide in my stance, and this would really be of benefit for setup. Add in super lightweight, easy to transport.....

Count me a fan of these!

So simple yet so brilliant. The putting mat and towel are definitely intriguing.

Some interesting ideas here. I have watched a bunch of their stuff. Always wondered why they were so matchy matchy..

The towels seem brilliant to me.

Curious about the mat and wobble balls.

the putting mat is surely interesting. I like how they come with the 3 balls that have different breaks.

I could see myself using the ball striker as well. Would be fun to practice with that guy.

That target towel brings me back to HS golf days when my coach would make a 3-4' circle around holes and make us hit balls inside of that space. But I also love the versatility that comes with this one.

I'm super confused (this shouldn't be a surprise) but it's the golf ball that breaks? How does that work? I'm sure I just don't get it.

This looks awesome because it's not just a straight putt all of the time and I like the real world application of some of the training aids on surface is also very cool.
Yes, the golf ball is weighted to break, each one in different increments.

Wow! Those towels are awesome. Way better than when I just throw mine behind the ball. Love the hole towel are a visual target for chipping as well. Love simple but effective ans it seems this covers it so well.

I'm not sure I've ever been excited for a training aid before.

I thought this thread was going to be about you and your training aids.

the striking towel definitely seems like a good idea.

the putting mat is a no go if i have to line up a ball every time.

The towels are amazing ideas. The ball striker really caught my eye.

Some interesting ideas here. I have watched a bunch of their stuff. Always wondered why they were so matchy matchy..
2 for 1 deals on matching joggers. Savings galore.

I've seen some of their stuff as well, I'm always impressed by how good they do hands on with students - I'm sure if they were giving an in person lesson it would be just a master class of great pointers and reasons why.

Yes, the golf ball is weighted to break, each one in different increments.
That's very interesting - my eyes went right to that because of my current putting struggle from last night. Thank you and great write up by the way - always appreciate your sharing.

It's easy to just dismiss but there are some really intriguing things there. Count me in the camp of how have these not been a thing yet.

I'll add my voice to the chorus on the brilliance of the towels. Easily portable, multiple uses for each... that's some genius thought & engineering right there.

the striking towel definitely seems like a good idea.

the putting mat is a no go if i have to line up a ball every time.
Having to have it perfect was my immediate concern. It looks like you line up the line on the ball with target marks on the mat. You still have to have the ball lined up properly for it to roll as intended I imagine, but it's pretty cool.

Pondering...

F93812B9-5171-45E6-9FA7-E540FAFFC956.png

the putting mat is surely interesting. I like how they come with the 3 balls that have different breaks.

I could see myself using the ball striker as well. Would be fun to practice with that guy.

That target towel brings me back to HS golf days when my coach would make a 3-4' circle around holes and make us hit balls inside of that space. But I also love the versatility that comes with this one.
I would almost kill to have target towels for all of my HS kids.

[…] Source link […]

Back