What cigar did you smoke today?

Juat getting into the cigar world. This I believe is my first RP cigar even though I went to Burn y Rocky Patel (cigar and whiskey bar) in Indianapolis. I'm finding I like the more full bodied cigars and this is definitely that with nice leather notes and some spiciness too it.
Full bodied are great but there are some exception medium or light cigars that are great when you don't need to eat a steak and potato before to avoid being nicotine OD'd

I have since ventured to more boutique brands but still stick with some of the majors like Fuente and padron.. it's a great hobby but just as slippery of a slope as golf

Full bodied are great but there are some exception medium or light cigars that are great when you don't need to eat a steak and potato before to avoid being nicotine OD'd

I have since ventured to more boutique brands but still stick with some of the majors like Fuente and padron.. it's a great hobby but just as slippery of a slope as golf
Haha I'm finding that out! 3 months ago I had only smoked 2 ever...that number is much much higher now lol. I'm always open and excited about recommendations from all! And I have had a few lighter ones I've enjoyed greatly.

Haha I'm finding that out! 3 months ago I had only smoked 2 ever...that number is much much higher now lol. I'm always open and excited about recommendations from all! And I have had a few lighter ones I've enjoyed greatly.

Main thing is to have a good storage container. And by good I don't mean expensive, I just mean airtight. Event a good snaplid Tupperware with boveda packs is better than 80% of the desktop humidors

I like crowned heads cigars, illusione, curivaru cigars are great for their price point, roma craft, tatuajes.. you can get 5 packs on smallbatchcigar , sign up for their email list and they send sales basically every day. You pay a smidge more per stick but you're not stuck with a whole box you don't like.

Then supplies are next. Palio cutters are great, and then a good torch is essential.

If you haven’t tried a Padron yet you should. Any Padron. If I could only smoke one cigar that would be it. Another favorite is the Alec Bradley Prensado. I’ve never had an AB that wasn’t fantastic but this may be the one I like the best. One more that’s worth trying is the La Aroma de Cuba. Just a great all around cigar at a good price.

Don’t overlook the bundles that are out there too. I do most of my shopping at Holts and you can get some for well under $2 a stick that are pretty darn good. All In, Bella Cuba, Quorum Maduro - you won’t mistake them for a Padron 1964 but I’ve paid a lot more for worse cigars. They also have an Argyle Candela that is quickly becoming my go-to summer time golf cigar. They’re super mild but so creamy and good and only $3 for a Churchill. Kinda like the Coors Light of cigars but in a good way ;)

Main thing is to have a good storage container. And by good I don't mean expensive, I just mean airtight. Event a good snaplid Tupperware with boveda packs is better than 80% of the desktop humidors

I like crowned heads cigars, illusione, curivaru cigars are great for their price point, roma craft, tatuajes.. you can get 5 packs on smallbatchcigar , sign up for their email list and they send sales basically every day. You pay a smidge more per stick but you're not stuck with a whole box you don't like.

Then supplies are next. Palio cutters are great, and then a good torch is essential.
Here are my current items. Have 2 more cheap torch lighters from Amazon as well. Just got the humidor the other day. There are Boveda packs and a hygrometer in it. 20220628_143734.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my current items. Have 2 more cheap torch lighters from Amazon as well. Just got the humidor the other day. There are Boveda packs and a hygrometer in it. View attachment 9100406
Good, that looks to seal really well.

My first was similar and now I'm up to
20220628_195911.jpg

And
20220628_200219_1.gif

AC gets installed tomorrow so likely the last of me posting daily. Today's smoke is Scorpion by Camancho. Leather and super dirty. A pretty nice pairing with the Mezcal (super solid) in the included pic. Think a whiskey pairing would've been better though. 16565517890765919553397390930392.jpg20220629_111251.jpg

And smoking some ribs
20220701_173629.jpg

Wife is out with friends. Dad on baby duty! A quick one with no alcohol since i have a round with some THPers tomorrow! 20220701_203857.jpg

Hoooly. This was delicious. Probably my favorite or close to that I've smoked. Earthy, great spice (not spicy) and cocoa notes. Easy draw. Medium bodied. Super smooth. Big fan. 20220702_182424.jpg

I just got a new box of La Gloria Cubana Serie R #6 on Friday and had one after golf today with a good rum and Vernors ginger ale. Just wonderful!

A nice 2018 green hornet
20220703_202335.jpg

Ohhhh I like this. I like this alot. 20220706_201458.jpg

Trying to enjoy this cigar but it's too damn hot and the kid is just climbing all over me lol
20220708_173639.jpg

Trying to enjoy this cigar but it's too damn hot and the kid is just climbing all over me lol
View attachment 9102799
That's the one thing tough about cigars. You certainly need to have a decent chunk of time to enjoy them! How was it?

That's the one thing tough about cigars. You certainly need to have a decent chunk of time to enjoy them! How was it?
Pretty tasty, a decent medium a smoke which is good since I haven't had dinner yet.. definitely taking it to the nub and maxing my time outside

I picked up a couple 5ers of room 101 send nudes.. Matt booth always makes great smokes, hopefully I'll get to have that Sunday

Smoking this one right now - sweet tipped. I'm a sweet guy so I like that, but it has great flavor and a really clean draw. Big fan. 20220708_153220.jpg

This one however, I strongly disliked. So much so I couldn't do more than what is shown
16573196853155623141522056225217.jpg

Enjoying this right now before going out with my Mrs. Pretty big fan of it. It's really dirty (I like that), a little cinnamon. Smooth draw. Would definitely smoke again20220712_151746.jpg

Most expensive cigar to date for me (nothing crazy) : the quality of the cigar is evident just looking at it. Thw draw was fantastic, really smooth, easy flavor. Earthy with vanilla and espresso. It really was a great smoke. Xan see myself going back for more. 20220716_193854.jpg

Back