Cobalt Q6 Laser Rangefinder Review

Yeah no obstructions there. Measured in case you were still looking at a strap version.
I appreciate the measurement, I don't think a strap fits on either side of the knob, but a stand lone clip on the opposite side should!

I think I've dropped my Bushnell V3 too many times. It's seems to struggle getting the pin more and more often. I've had a Bushnell for as long as I can remember. Based on the reviews here I took the plunge ordered a Cobalt Q6 this time.

I think I've dropped my Bushnell V3 too many times. It's seems to struggle getting the pin more and more often. I've had a Bushnell for as long as I can remember. Based on the reviews here I took the plunge ordered a Cobalt Q6 this time.
It’s a great option. If you’ve read through the posts you know already the quality of these is quite incredible.

You won’t regret it. It handles drops very very well too!

Would love for a skin to be made for this like the Bushnell has. Been using the Cobalt since Christmas and love it.

So I took the Cobalt Q6 out for a test run and compared it to my Bushnell Tour V3 (which in fairness has some age to it) and my buddies Bushnell Tour V4 which is fairly low use and in good working order.

In short, the Cobalt is much, much better than the Bushnell units in my opinion. With both Bushnell's, with shots of any distance, I tended to get varying yardages shooting at the same pin (only a yard or two which is fine for my game), but with the Cobalt I was getting the same every time. I really like being able to to dim or increase the intensity of the display on the Cobalt. I believe the Cobalt has better optics and it was much easier to see and grab targets (face of a bunker, cart return to path stick, front edge of the green, etc.) with the Cobalt than the Bushnell units.

The few areas where I liked the Bushnell units were 1) showing both actual and slope yardages on the display at the same time, 2) the knob on the Cobalt protruding like that seems like a potential damage point over time vs. the Bushnell sliding switch and 3) I like the zippered cases for the Bushnell units. Beyond that, and certainly with the much more important functionality of the unit, the Cobalt wins hands down.

It's a shame there isn't more info on these units out there. If it weren't for THP, I would have never known about them. My buddy had never heard of the Cobalt units but agreed it was superior to his Bushnell.

I have used the Cobalt Q6 slope rangefinder for several rounds. I can't say enough good things about it. The clear and bright optics are fantastic. It acquires flags fairly fast. I love turning the dial to control the brightness of the information display. Great product. I am also enjoying it for home bird watching. It's so good.

Last week I played in the Cowboy Joe Golf Tournament benefitting University of Wyoming Athletics and scholarships for their athletes. Being that Cobalt (Maven) is a company based out of Wyoming, they had a tent on a Par 3 where, if you were top 4 closest to the pin, you win a Cobalt rangefinder. Had a chance to use/look through this rangefinder to get my distance on the hole. Was extremely impressed with the clear optics, the very large and bright field of view, vibration pin lock, and I thought the red font display was extremely helpful. Distance seemed to be very accurate as I got the same number to the tenth of a yard when I shot it a few times.

Best part was, the rep from Cobalt was extremely friendly and didn't hesitate to offer his card to each one of us in our group if we ever wanted to reach out with questions.

Both Maven and Cobalt are taking off in the hunting and golf industry, as the rep mentioned they are building out a new facility that will be - if I remember correctly - just shy of quadruple the size of their current footprint.

🤯 Fan for life 😍 this is what CS is and should be.
C0F54626-196D-4850-8115-8D8A0658B0E1.jpeg

Even better
C8F1769B-0664-4C2A-B8A4-15CA8EC3E3F6.jpeg

That is really cool. Definitely shows they care and want to be sure customers are happy with the product. I love seeing that.
Absolutely, I’ve noticed the strap being less than tight but never a worry or thought twice of then this showed up on the porch today and I’m blown away by the CS.

Not only a great product but great people behind it!

🤯 Fan for life 😍 this is what CS is and should be.
View attachment 9103024
Alan is awesome! My cousin and I received a hand-written letter from him in which he thanked us for stopping by his booth at one of the holes in a tournament we played in, where we paid a little extra at the hole to see if we could win Cobalt rangefinders with a closest to the pin. The proceeds went to the charity putting on the event. Great guy, great customer service, and great company.

Alan is awesome! My cousin and I received a hand-written letter from him in which he thanked us for stopping by his booth at one of the holes in a tournament we played in, where we paid a little extra at the hole to see if we could win Cobalt rangefinders with a closest to the pin. The proceeds went to the charity putting on the event. Great guy, great customer service, and great company.
So great to hear that.

Absolutely, I’ve noticed the strap being less than tight but never a worry or thought twice of then this showed up on the porch today and I’m blown away by the CS.

I’ve never used the original case but received the same letter with new case and golf balls yesterday. Kudos to them for outstanding proactive customer service.

My Cobalt Q6 has continued being fantastic. It's handled being tossed around on occasion and still works as well as the day I got it.

Can anyone tell me what kind of battery life the slope gets?

Can anyone tell me what kind of battery life the slope gets?
I’ve had it a few days shy of a year and I still haven’t changed the batteries.

Wanted to give a shout out to the Cobalt folks. I was one of the testers for the Q6, so it obviously wasn't paid for by me. I reached out to them about the re-designed case as mine was losing it's elasticity. They shipped me out a replacement next day, free of charge!

The Q6 is still working great for me!

Wanted to give a shout out to the Cobalt folks. I was one of the testers for the Q6, so it obviously wasn't paid for by me. I reached out to them about the re-designed case as mine was losing it's elasticity. They shipped me out a replacement next day, free of charge!

The Q6 is still working great for me!

I have been meaning to do the same. How did you reach out to them?

Back