The 2022 Callaway Open Championship Staff Bag

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A unique design at first glance, but one that stands out. This bag was developed as part of the Big Bag Trail, a collaboration between Callaway and St. Andrews.

Building towards the 150th Open Championship both organizations wanted to celebrate this special occasion by creating a platform to showcase talent of young people in the town. Both Madras College and St. Leonards were commissioned by Callaway and St Andrews Links to design the golf bag and 10 finalists were selected.

123-1024x692.jpg

Being showcased this week, the winner, Iona Turner is a local student at St Leonards in the St Andrews area. The design theme from Iona was Nessie’s Round to Play and in Turner had this to add.

“In preparation for designing...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing that came to mind was Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory

I like it!

Not a bag I'd pay money to own, but it's a neat design.

That’s a cool story and the bag shows really well. I like the headcovers too.

Cool story, cool bag. Not sure what the market would be but I guess if you actually took a road trip there it might be nice to have somewhere at home as a souvenir , a memory and for displaying with other sports collectibles.

whimsy can be awesome at times. This defines whimsy to me. I dont think I could ever use this bag, but I think it is awesomely fun..

I love it. Unique design and headcovers are :love:

LOVE it and love that it was designed by a student.

First thing that came to mind was Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory
My thought as well, however I would still love to rock one of those in my office.

Neat design kinda Alice in Wonderland like, kinda torn whether I like or not.

whimsy can be awesome at times. This defines whimsy to me. I dont think I could ever use this bag, but I think it is awesomely fun..
I think I fall in this camp, but I do think it would look great in my office :)

Not bad looking at all! That is a great way to design the bag.

I think I fall in this camp, but I do think it would look great in my office :)

absolutely as a collection piece it would be great.

Love the story, and the bag.

Amazing bag but the backstory makes it special

Different. I like it.

I like it quite a bit. Would totally rock something like that. It is different, but not tacky, imho. Dig it.

Not something I would game, but I would keep it as a decoration if given one.

100% In for this one! Love when things are created from drawings by children.

There have been some for the St Jude event in memphis.

Fun, but too busy for me on a bag.

I like the idea behind it but not for me.

I do not like it. Just a little too much going on for my taste

Cool looking bag. A lot of detail and great design but I don't think I would ever carry it. It has a great story behind it.

I bet Iona Turner is completely besides herself for this. So cool that a 17 y/o design was selected for this staff bag. I'd love to have one.

Back