Off Course Welcomes Clubhouse Archives

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week on a special day with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards, normally each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. On this special drop day James Costa from Clubhouse Archives is back on the show talking GARMINT time.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and James discuss everything about how the process of minting is going, the big names that are hopping on board this venture and so much more. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Clubhouse Archives goes Off Course.

Episode 115 is here and Dan and James discuss the following topics.

CrossMint Creating a Bridge to Clubhouse Archives
Physical Assets
Big Names Joining Key Society
Endless Potential of GarMint
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or of anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode.

Screen-Shot-2022-04-27-at-8.10.23-AM-1024x509-1.png

Continue reading...

The first one was fascinating. Can’t wait to fire this one up. Might need to be after work as the last time it was an episode that really made you think.

This is a fantastic episode. James' passion comes through, but some big names joining the fray.

My passion for apparel doesn't align with the price and experience they offer but it is a fascinating model. I hope some folks jump in and share their story here with it, especially while the focus out of the gate is in the golf space.

Here is a question for @Canadan since you have had James on twice and I have enjoyed both of them and learning more.

Do you think too many times (not specifically to GarMint or Clubhouse Archives) that Web3 is marketed or messaged towards those that already understand it and are deeply involved in that community rather than talking about it from a basic level?

I will listen today, are we still getting a Friday episode this week?

Listening...

Very interesting. Again, I feel this model is largely over my head. I am guessing it is going to be well outside my ability to buy in or purchase. I still find it fascinating.

Here is a question for @Canadan since you have had James on twice and I have enjoyed both of them and learning more.

Do you think too many times (not specifically to GarMint or Clubhouse Archives) that Web3 is marketed or messaged towards those that already understand it and are deeply involved in that community rather than talking about it from a basic level?

This is a FANTASTIC question, and I think the answer is yes.

I am involved in another NFT project that is focused on collectibles (Sports Cards / Memorabilia) where your NFT grants you access to the DAO that maintains a vault of sealed sports cards, graded cards, etc. and the biggest challenge they have faced is how to bring in sports card enthusiasts who know nothing about NFTs.

Oh I was looking forward to this one after the last one. Still confused on the subject, so looking forward to some more info.

This is a FANTASTIC question, and I think the answer is yes.

I am involved in another NFT project that is focused on collectibles (Sports Cards / Memorabilia) where your NFT grants you access to the DAO that maintains a vault of sealed sports cards, graded cards, etc. and the biggest challenge they have faced is how to bring in sports card enthusiasts who know nothing about NFTs.
Its not rocket science either. Its about explanation, and most get so wrapped up in the world of Web3 they dont realize that 99% of the public has no idea what they are talking about.

I actually applaud James for dumbing it down for people like me.

Its not rocket science either. Its about explanation, and most get so wrapped up in the world of Web3 they dont realize that 99% of the public has no idea what they are talking about.

I actually applaud James for dumbing it down for people like me.

I agree I haven't listened to this version (likely tonight), but Clubhouse did a FANTASTIC job explaining this stuff the first time, and I have no doubt this go-around will be the same.

NFTs are a foreign concept to the vast majority of people, but with a little education, it can absolutely be positioned in a way that conveys value, even if they aren't interested in exploring outside of this particular project, or ones like it.

I thought James did a much better job this go around making the pitch more accessible to those not in the web 3.0/crypto/NFT space

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I agree I haven't listened to this version (likely tonight), but Clubhouse did a FANTASTIC job explaining this stuff the first time, and I have no doubt this go-around will be the same.

NFTs are a foreign concept to the vast majority of people, but with a little education, it can absolutely be positioned in a way that conveys value, even if they aren't interested in exploring outside of this particular project, or ones like it.
As a person into this world, you will love this episode.
I find that for some of them, its like a group created a secret handshake, and they want to invite you into the club, but you need to guess the secret handshake first. Thats bad business :ROFLMAO:

As a person into this world, you will love this episode.
I find that for some of them, its like a group created a secret handshake, and they want to invite you into the club, but you need to guess the secret handshake first. Thats bad business :ROFLMAO:

Spot on. I will definitely be listening later and reporting back, but like LinksDAO did, this one definitely has my attention.

Need some time to digest this one. First one had to listen to a couple times.

I think there's a real challenge there for sure, but it's like anything that is moving at a different speed or in a different location than the norm: Those who know it, learn it fast and fly. Those who aren't familiar seem to get lost in the shuffle a bit.

It'll be interesting to see how Web3 is talked about in 2-5 years.

There are a couple of big connecting points of added value that are discussed in this episode, like the GarMint and just basic utility of having an NFT and the freedoms that come with that. I think my goal each time was all about connecting the dots for those not familiar, while others who are and have interest can see added value being created and cultivated by James.

There are a couple of big connecting points of added value that are discussed in this episode, like the GarMint and just basic utility of having an NFT and the freedoms that come with that. I think my goal each time was all about connecting the dots for those not familiar, while others who are and have interest can see added value being created and cultivated by James.
The GarMint is one of the best names ever for something like this.

I can see how folks could get real excited with having something built into your clothes to gain access to spots. Not really my jam but can absolutely see the appeal.

I can see how folks could get real excited with having something built into your clothes to gain access to spots. Not really my jam but can absolutely see the appeal.
How about ownership in an item that you can modify in ways that you would like better?
What about being a part of a group who decides what something looks like before it gets made?

How many times on THP do we say "oh I love that piece of clothing, but wish it was this" - suddenly this is now a real thing.

How about ownership in an item that you can modify in ways that you would like better?
What about being a part of a group who decides what something looks like before it gets made?

How many times on THP do we say "oh I love that piece of clothing, but wish it was this" - suddenly this is now a real thing.
The modify bit seems to be later in the road map so it's a bit of a leap of faith it will get there as this point.

I do wish the 'group decide' piece was more clear. It was mentioned it's both a vote and then later focus group. So my question would be which is it? If involved, am I a part of a focus group or do I have a vote? And if I have a vote, is it in equal parts value to say James's vote?

Those would be some of the questions I have if I were one to think about jumping in.

The modify bit seems to be later in the road map so it's a bit of a leap of faith it will get there as this point.
This is true, but genuinely speaking it is all a leap of faith, but boy if it does come to fruition, it’s pretty darn amazing.

This is true, but genuinely speaking it is all a leap of faith, but boy if it does come to fruition, it’s pretty darn amazing.
Very fair. Your token purchase is basically an investment and all investments carry some risk.

I love the uniqueness of the approach and with those who value the experience of this whole endeavor I struggle to see a downside, and there is a lot of upside to go along with it.

Back