Tour Event 2022 Open Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored by Tour Edge

Guess the next thing to get up for is.. uhh… the playoffs..? Presidents cup?

Morgan Cup is the next major!!! Then the Grandaddy to close out the year; plenty of quality golf left

Morgan Cup is the next major!!! Then the Grandaddy to close out the year; plenty of quality golf left
Every THP Experience is a major.

Rory was 4 clear of Smith at the start of the round and didn’t even get the Silver metal for finishing as the runner up. He choked and that’s ok to say out load.

I am not sure how we define choke but I don’t think it happened here. But we could be arguing Symantec’s.

I am not sure how we define choke but I don’t think it happened here. But we could be arguing Symantec’s.
I'd tend to agree. He didn't choke, but he did literally nothing to win it.

On the flip side, Cam's par putt on 17 after putting around the bunker to ten feet was the kinda thing Open Champions do. Well, that and drink beer after your opponent misses their eagle chip by a mile.

It's funny reading all the comments but the truly uniformed are the ones where they say Rors choked. These are hilarious.

I'd tend to agree. He didn't choke, but he did literally nothing to win it.

On the flip side, Cam's par putt on 17 after putting around the bunker to ten feet was the kinda thing Open Champions do. Well, that and drink beer after your opponent misses their eagle chip by a mile.
Going -2 in the final round in the greatest Major isn't choking. It's a great round beat by the world's best putter.

rory def didnt choke, but i think he should have went full send on some of the short par 4.. now if you want to talk about choking, that honor goes to hovland.

It's funny reading all the comments but the truly uniformed are the ones where they say Rors choked. These are hilarious.
He may not have choked, but he didn't do anything special at all to deserve the win either.

Nothing.

Nada.

Zero.

Zip.

Rory was 4 clear of Smith at the start of the round and didn’t even get the Silver metal for finishing as the runner up. He choked and that’s ok to say out load.
LOL. -2 last round, greatest major, and it's a choke. HA

I think Rory's average at St. Andrews was 68.5 and that includes an 80 ... so yes, something was up.

Going -2 in the final round in the greatest Major isn't choking. It's a great round beat by the world's best putter.
When he was lower than -5 average for the first three rounds, with the scoring conditions on Sunday, it wasn't an inspirational performance.

Terrible question - but weird non-answer from Cam on the LIV question
He’s going to get one hell of a signing bonus for sure

Had to listen on the radio as I drove to pick up my daughter, but was cheering hard for Smith. This might be the first time I've ever even given myself a chance at winning one of these!

Had to listen on the radio as I drove to pick up my daughter, but was cheering hard for Smith. This might be the first time I've ever even given myself a chance at winning one of these!
I think I counted 8 Cam Smith entries...best of luck!

Reactions: Bus
He may not have choked, but he didn't do anything special at all to deserve the win either.

Nothing.

Nada.

Zero.

Zip.
Agreed.

I don’t think Rory choked per se, but the pressure definitely got to him. Pulling a bunch of his short approaches- seemed a little nervy for sure.

Congrats to Cam Smith, that was a historic round - the par putt on 17 was beyond impressive

Even though my guy didn’t win. This was an awesome and fun open. I wonder how things would be different if there was any kind of wind this year. But the conditions are what they are and Cam smith was super impressive.. what a win. His style of play is so different from most of the other top guys it is a treat to watch..

Even though my guy didn’t win. This was an awesome and fun open. I wonder how things would be different if there was any kind of wind this year. But the conditions are what they are and Cam smith was super impressive.. what a win. His style of play is so different from most of the other top guys it is a treat to watch..
I’m with you there. It was a great couple of days with a stacked leaderboard and morning golf

Did not watch the final round, but never thought that Cameron Smith would win after looking at the leaderboard at the turn. Amazing back nine. However, not surprising because Smith have been playing some great golf in 2022.

Back