Therabody RecoveryAir JetBoots Review

i haven’t but will next time. I’ve been using these more lately as I’ve gotten back into cycling.
The longer hold time is nice, I jumped to 10 sec right away but I would suggest stepping up as I felt my BP go up as I was sitting there.

An active day. A 15 minute 1 mile ruck during lunch, then a 30 minute bike ride this evening. My quads are burning from the few slight hills, so this will be a good test tonight. Hardest I've pushed my legs in a while.

Used the 1.0 version of these tonight as my legs were feeling a little tight after a leg workout yesterday. That squeeze at full strength is a little intense when you’re sore, but man do I feel a little better afterwards, and my legs a little jello like.

An active day. A 15 minute 1 mile ruck during lunch, then a 30 minute bike ride this evening. My quads are burning from the few slight hills, so this will be a good test tonight. Hardest I've pushed my legs in a while.
Did a 40 minute session on 75 last night. Woke up, and my legs feel very, very good. Still tell I worked them yesterday, but nothing like what I would usually feel.

New compression pants, half jacket, and sleeve :unsure: is it Christmas yet?

The sweet spot for me is 8 seconds of hold time. A little longer than no app but not the max 10 seconds.

First time the boots shut off on me. I guess I didn't charge. I have no idea how long they went to lose charge. 🤷‍♂️

Finally had time to use the app with the boots! The new hold times are AMAZING! 10 is too much for me but seven is right around the ideal spot. Finally doesn't feel like the boots deflate right as they fill up.

Also, had them on for an hour and a half straight and still didn't lose the second of three bars of battery. That's a great sign for how worried I was about the battery life in my second and third charge cycles!

Finally had time to use the app with the boots! The new hold times are AMAZING! 10 is too much for me but seven is right around the ideal spot. Finally doesn't feel like the boots deflate right as they fill up.

Also, had them on for an hour and a half straight and still didn't lose the second of three bars of battery. That's a great sign for how worried I was about the battery life in my second and third charge cycles!
Yes the hold time is awesome. Such a great improvement.

My legs tend to hurt quite a bit after a round of golf, even though I ride almost exclusively. Our course is hilly and there are several climbs from cart path to tees, or greens to paths, etc. and one hole that’s cartpath only because of the severity of the slopes. I read about the new RecoveryAir Prime boots, which are there lowest cost option. I think they’re going to fit my needs just fine. Plus, they offer a 20% military discount. Finally a 60 day return policy was enough to get it done. I pulled the trigger this afternoon on an order. I hope they’ll arrive soon! Reports to follow.

My legs tend to hurt quite a bit after a round of golf, even though I ride almost exclusively. Our course is hilly and there are several climbs from cart path to tees, or greens to paths, etc. and one hole that’s cartpath only because of the severity of the slopes. I read about the new RecoveryAir Prime boots, which are there lowest cost option. I think they’re going to fit my needs just fine. Plus, they offer a 20% military discount. Finally a 60 day return policy was enough to get it done. I pulled the trigger this afternoon on an order. I hope they’ll arrive soon! Reports to follow.
You will not be disappointed.

Agree with above. You're going to love them!

Been testing the warm up routine, as well as the preference settings. I really enjoy being able to change the pressure in 5 mmHg increments. 75 was good, 100 was too much, but 85 has been wonderful. I messed around with the hold times, and I think 7-8 seconds are just about right. I think the app gives this a lot more functionality and usefulness to be able to fit each person individually.

Been working with the pre-work
out routine before getting out and exercising. I notice it the most when running, or rucking. I still notice it cycling, just not as much. Typically I do a quick stretch, then go for a run or ruck. It usually takes me 5-10 minutes into my walk before I feel warm, and like my legs aren't stiff. Been using the pre-workout routine on the JetBoots for 20 minutes before hand and it has allowed my legs to feel ready to go right when I start. Rucking I was usually around 14:20 first mile, but I'm down under 14 per now on the first mile, best being a 13:49. Finally got under 14 minutes per mile as well, for a full 2 miles!

Suffice to say, the pre-workout routine has allowed me to start faster, and keep up the pace. It hasn't helped with knee and hip discomfort though. I still feel it during the workout.

Going to have a real test on Saturday. It's my first soccer game since getting the JetBoots, so I'm really interested to see how they help me recover. Typically I can't walk for 2 days after a game, so they could be a real saving grace! I'll report back!

Going to have a real test on Saturday. It's my first soccer game since getting the JetBoots, so I'm really interested to see how they help me recover. Typically I can't walk for 2 days after a game, so they could be a real saving grace! I'll report back!
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised 😁

Man I was looking at the compression vest, but you need the RecoveryAir Pro to run it and then we're talking over $1,500 😖

Man I was looking at the compression vest, but you need the RecoveryAir Pro to run it and then we're talking over $1,500 😖
In my mind, this is the biggest reason against using some of the Therabody products...the cost.

In my mind, this is the biggest reason against using some of the Therabody products...the cost.
Doesn't mean I'm not still considering it though. The return policy is solid and my body is worth investing in! Just haven't sold my better half yet...

Doesn't mean I'm not still considering it though. The return policy is solid and my body is worth investing in! Just haven't sold my better half yet...
Has she committed to using the TheraFace yet??

Haha I was saying if you can get her to buy in to that, the easier anything else should be
Haha she was at least interested in the TheraFace. She's not sold on the science behind the RecoveryAir being a major benefit for me and she is not interested in using it.

How much do you think you could fetch for her?

Used the pre workout warm up for 20 minutes before the alumni soccer game tonight, and considering I don't get out and play like I used to, I felt really good while playing. Using them now so I'll report back the next couple of days. Because that is when it's usually the worst, the days after playing.

But, I'm starting to be a believer in the pre workout routine...

Just got my RecoveryAir Prime last night. Yesterday I did a bunch of work around the house, lots of bending, lots of time spent on my feet. Woke up this morning and my legs were stiff and sore.

Tried the boots this morning, 20 minutes, pressure setting on 50 and 60. BIG difference! Legs feel so much better. We have a road trip coming up with two 5.5 hour stretches, and the boots are going with us. I’m sure they’ll help.

Also looking forward to using them after my next round of golf. Typically after 18 holes my legs stiffen up considerably and painfully. I’ll be playing in the trip and testing out the boots afterward as well. Will report back results here.

Finally a question: who has used these for warm-up, how, and what were your results?

Back