Tour Event 2022 Open Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored by Tour Edge

Honestly this still seems wrong - in a perfect world Rory still the more skilled and accomplished golfer and the face of anti Saudi exhibition tour in bold media statements is hosting the cup…..
Is he more skilled?
I understand someone wanting someone to win, but Cam Smith having a historic day seems wrong? Man I just don’t get it, but everybody is different 👍

Honestly this still seems wrong - in a perfect world Rory still the more skilled and accomplished golfer and the face of anti Saudi exhibition tour in bold media statements is hosting the cup…..
Cam Smith was more skilled when it mattered though. That's how these tournaments work.

But gosh, you need a great short game at St. Andrews - chip, putt, and Cam had that all over Rory.

I like Rory but he's never been known as a great putter, some years, not even a good putter. Brad Faxon can only do so much... Rory needed that driver and close approaches to show up at clutch time. I think he will hoist that cup again. He is determined.

Is he more skilled?
I understand someone wanting someone to win, but Cam Smith having a historic day seems wrong? Man I just don’t get it, but everybody is different 👍

Nothing against Cameron Smith who shot a hot and historic round but this seemed destined to be the feel good story for Rory. Props to Smith though as it is no fluke to win Players and Open in year.

Just saw that Cam’s average putt made in round two was 14.1 feet!! Tour average from 15 feet is 23% for reference. PGA Tour record. Amazing putting.

Looks like the USWNT would get along with Cam 😂

Sounds like he should've putted better. ;)

This was not about putting better, it was about seeing the man.

But yes, the day before, nothing was going down for Cam. On Sunday, they went in for him and not for Rory. Putting is not Rory's forte' and this was a putter's course (huge greens, undulations off and on the green). His game is driver and approaches. They did not work for him to the extent needed. That's golf.

Looking at both Rory and Cam on YouTube - they don't take a lot of time over the ball which is great, they don't take practice strokes (I know that for Cam, not sure on Rory but I don't think he does), but Cam just looks a little more relaxed with the putter, or he did on Sunday. I mean, it's tough to see, but it takes only a little to be thrown off, at this high level.

Last edited:
Must admit, this is funny

more like the butt boy for the PGA tour and certainly not from the moral high ground. Rooting for Smith big time.

more like the butt boy for the PGA tour and certainly not from the moral high ground. Rooting for Smith big time.
Surely everyone is entitled their opinion but for the record Rory speaks certainly from the moral high ground against the Saudi exhibition tour - whether or not one likes him. Smith is a definitely a worthy champion- no one wins in one year both the Open and Players without extensive skill (even beyond his mastery of putting) but he may be bolting soon.

Surely everyone is entitled their opinion but for the record Rory speaks certainly from the moral high ground against the Saudi exhibition tour - whether or not one likes him. Smith is a definitely a worthy champion- no one wins in one year both the Open and Players without extensive skill (even beyond his mastery of putting) but he may be bolting soon.
Rory in 2014 (IIRC) literally stated "is all about me" when he left the European tour.

How do you figure? The 3 time winner of the Dubai open and pocket stuffer with Chicom exhibition money hardly seems the type to be occupying the moral high ground. To each his own I guess.

How do you figure? The 3 time winner of the Dubai open and pocket stuffer with Chicom exhibition money hardly seems the type to be occupying the moral high ground. To each his own I guess.

far different from taking up life changing up front money for exhibition golf but to each his own.

far different from taking up life changing up front money for exhibition golf but to each his own.
All golf is exhibition golf.

... how do I post about this without sounding hmmm pressing or like a douchebag... I'm trying to ask in a humble & respective tone here please dont take it the wrong way..

But did the driver contest winner get selected? .. Asking because I miraculously chose Cam Smith to win, but I know there were others too. But I'm not familiar if the giveaway gets posted in this thread & I missed it, or how that happens.

.. again, trying not to be a prick for asking about this, because giving away prizes for contests like this is amazing thing that THP does, and by no means it is something they have to do. Very thankful that they do stuff like this!

... how do I post about this without sounding hmmm pressing or like a douchebag... I'm trying to ask in a humble & respective tone here please dont take it the wrong way..

But did the driver contest winner get selected? .. Asking because I miraculously chose Cam Smith to win, but I know there were others too. But I'm not familiar if the giveaway gets posted in this thread & I missed it, or how that happens.

.. again, trying not to be a prick for asking about this, because giving away prizes for contests like this is amazing thing that THP does, and by no means it is something they have to do. Very thankful that they do stuff like this!

Not yet. But coming very soon.

All golf is exhibition golf.
Not entirely valid. No world points for the Saudi backed tour = exhibition. PGA and DP get earned points = non exhibition but it is fun to argue with those backing Norman’s $$$ up front and with the $ everyone in filed cashes out tour no badly they play in the exhibition.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
Not entirely valid. No world points for the Saudi backed tour = exhibition. PGA and DP get earned points = non exhibition but it is fun to argue with those backing Norman’s $$$ up front and with the $ everyone in filed cashes out tour no badly they play in the exhibition.
No it is absolutely valid and I’m not backing anybody. There isn’t a guy on the PGA Tour that isn’t paid annually for appearing there. Be it in sponsorship, tee up money or anything else. There are tournaments that don’t have a cut and everybody gets paid.

I understand not liking where the money comes from, or Norman or anything else, but pretending these great player’s aren’t competing is nonsense.

Congrats to @smellysell You just won!
Please send GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address as well as which of the two driver heads you would like.

Back