Tour Event 2022 Open Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored by Tour Edge

Congrats @smellysell you are going to be surprised by this driver. Which version are you going with?

Congratulations! Jump into the review thread once you get your driver. Would love to hear your feedback on whichever one you go with.

Congrats on winning the driver. Hope it works out well for you.

No it is absolutely valid and I’m not backing anybody. There isn’t a guy on the PGA Tour that isn’t paid annually for appearing there. Be it in sponsorship, tee up money or anything else. There are tournaments that don’t have a cut and everybody gets paid.

I understand not liking where the money comes from, or Norman or anything else, but pretending these great player’s aren’t competing is nonsense.

Totally disagree and as a player who back in the day played in state senior opens and the national tournament of PanamΓ‘ (Panasonic in early 90s) we had to on merit qualify- the LIV is instead a handpicked, bonus up front, no cut, shortened to 54 holes etc. no world points, weak field β€œtourney” that is simply not on plane with even weak PGA events in depth or quality of play and is certainly at best not true championship golf. It may one day evolve and become a real championship level tour down the line. but right now is primarily an exhibition tour - based on level and type of play. The PGA tour as noted does have a few no cut events but those slots are solely earned on past earned performance / not drawn in by substantial up front money.

it seems like many on the cite are seemingly pulling for the Saudi tour and that is certainly your right. But please explain why? How does it benefit golf to have this sports washing tour going on?

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
it seems like many on the cite are seemingly pulling for the Saudi tour and that is certainly your right. But please explain why? How does it benefit golf to have this sports washing tour going on?

Check out the Charles Barkley link in the LIV thread. ;)

Totally disagree and as a player who back in the day played in state senior opens and the national tournament of PanamΓ‘ (Panasonic in early 90s) we had to on merit qualify- the LIV is instead a handpicked, bonus up front, no cut, shortened to 54 holes etc. no world points, weak field β€œtourney” that is simply not on plane with even weak PGA events in depth or quality of play and is certainly at best not true championship golf. It may one day evolve and become a real championship level tour down the line. but right now is primarily an exhibition tour - based on level and type of play. The PGA tour as noted does have a few no cut events but those slots are solely earned on past earned performance / not drawn in by substantial up front money.

Plain and simple the weeks the LIV plays against the PGAT schedule they have the better field and improving constantly, as well as show more golf shots hands down in a entertaining fashion at a high caliber vs what the tour has provided the previous umpteen years with nothing new to show for it. Sports are for ENTERTAINMENT, I don’t watch to be critiqued and looked down upon from those who claim moral superiority, I can lay my head down and sleep at night with a clean conscious as well as I choose to go throughout my day not judging others based on the subject because to each there own. I am for one however tired of being chastised for wanting to have a release from everyday chaos without being labeled a sympathizer for murder, bigotry, and oppression. Always seems that those who want to constantly rail against the LIV tour want to be judge, jury and executioner of those who oppose what the believe in seems kinda ironic for those claiming sports washing and the high ground in this case. I hope both tours can succeed and have success as I love golf first and foremost, the more the merrier, hell if they had a executive courses tour I’d be glued to that as well. But the constant show me your worthy of my tolerance is getting to be absolute ********.

Congrats @smellysell you are going to be surprised by this driver. Which version are you going with?
Holy crap, I never win anything, thanks @JB and @GolferGal!

I need to do some research on the models honestly, but whichever is more forgiving/higher launching. Going to have to figure out a shaft for it too. Will definitely post up in the review thread once I get in some time with it.

Thanks again!

Holy crap, I never win anything, thanks @JB and @GolferGal!

I need to do some research on the models honestly, but whichever is more forgiving/higher launching. Going to have to figure out a shaft for it too. Will definitely post up in the review thread once I get in some time with it.

Thanks again!
Check out the review Thread, tons of great THP reviews

Reactions: Bus
congrats @smellysell !!! Sweet win! Hope you do well with the new driver!

Plain and simple the weeks the LIV plays against the PGAT schedule they have the better field and improving constantly, as well as show more golf shots hands down in a entertaining fashion at a high caliber vs what the tour has provided the previous umpteen years with nothing new to show for it. Sports are for ENTERTAINMENT, I don’t watch to be critiqued and looked down upon from those who claim moral superiority, I can lay my head down and sleep at night with a clean conscious as well as I choose to go throughout my day not judging others based on the subject because to each there own. I am for one however tired of being chastised for wanting to have a release from everyday chaos without being labeled a sympathizer for murder, bigotry, and oppression. Always seems that those who want to constantly rail against the LIV tour want to be judge, jury and executioner of those who oppose what the believe in seems kinda ironic for those claiming sports washing and the high ground in this case. I hope both tours can succeed and have success as I love golf first and foremost, the more the merrier, hell if they had a executive courses tour I’d be glued to that as well. But the constant show me your worthy of my tolerance is getting to be absolute ********.

That is fine to each his own at the end of day and you make some good points

Back