Date for Bourbon Bash

• August 27/28 - YES!

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • I'm sad and can't come

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You said earlier hotels are Saturday night only. Can you book room for Friday night or should we do that directly - I get it and am happy to do so just want to try and tie that reservation to the group if it helps or makes sense to do so.
Do you prefer staying in a room by yourself or want to split?

Do you prefer staying in a room by yourself or want to split?
I have no preference, but it is nice to economize depending on the room rate. I am ok with either, I guess.

Just a reminder - all this happens in EST time. Don't show up thinking you're an hour early[cst] when in reality - you are on the tee NOW.
Speaking from a past US Open qualifier experience......:p

Carry on

Just a reminder - all this happens in EST time. Don't show up thinking you're an hour early[cst] when in reality - you are on the tee NOW.
Speaking from a past US Open qualifier experience......:p

Carry on
Actually - EDT (so you know you need to be there even earlier than EST. :ROFLMAO: Sorry, could not help myself.

Ubers are like 175 to go from Cincinnati to Louisville. Damn.

I will need to find a hotel in Louisville on Thursday night (possibly Friday night) and a hotel for Friday night in Frankfort.

@mtbloco and @tanker337 will be in the same boat. Out of towners might as well stay at the same place.

Ubers are like 175 to go from Cincinnati to Louisville. Damn.
I'd help if I could, I am driving in late from SC, so not sure if Cincy is on my way or not.

I will need to find a hotel in Louisville on Thursday night (possibly Friday night) and a hotel for Friday night in Frankfort.

@mtbloco and @tanker337 will be in the same boat. Out of towners might as well stay at the same place.
Can't argue with that logic. Makes getting together for food or bourbon a bit easier!

I have no preference, but it is nice to economize depending on the room rate. I am ok with either, I guess.

I will leave all this up to you guys. If you do prefer staying at Griffin Gate Friday night, please make sure you book with the Stay & Play. They do use your confirmation of reservation for allowing you to play. Also let me know so I can cancel any rooms that I will not need on my current reservations. I will help you with it if you need my help.

I will leave all this up to you guys. If you do prefer staying at Griffin Gate Friday night, please make sure you book with the Stay & Play. They do use your confirmation of reservation for allowing you to play. Also let me know so I can cancel any rooms that I will not need on my current reservations.
Will do.

I'd help if I could, I am driving in late from SC, so not sure if Cincy is on my way or not.
Nah no worries. If it's not convenient for anyone to grab me I really don't want anyone going out of their way. I just cant justify a 700 dollar plane ticket or that kind of uber money to Mrs. Coat. Think I might not be able to make it

Nah no worries. If it's not convenient for anyone to grab me I really don't want anyone going out of their way. I just cant justify a 700 dollar plane ticket or that kind of uber money to Mrs. Coat. Think I might not be able to make it

I plan on staying Louisville Thursday night[family]...I can pick you up for Friday festivities though

I personally believe you can find cheaper places other than GG tho. But again, that's your preference.
Thanks for the heads up. Based on this - and on the next post, I plan to stay at GG Saturday only (as the majority of participants are). Should I end up staying there Friday - I will shoot you a PM as a heads up. Is that sufficient?

So it's at least 4 of us staying in Lexington Thursday night - though again I get in sort of late. Followed by Frankfort on Friday. May I ask to piggyback on to whatever you all do - so we are all at the same place? Ideally we all share double rooms - and save a few bucks to spend on booze, food, shirts, etc?

Feel free to PM me and we can go from there.
Thank (and I will help if I can - just ask and provide a bit of direction as to what I am looking for).

Thanks for the heads up. Based on this - and on the next post, I plan to stay at GG Saturday only (as the majority of participants are). Should I end up staying there Friday - I will shoot you a PM as a heads up. Is that sufficient?

So it's at least 4 of us staying in Lexington Thursday night - though again I get in sort of late. Followed by Frankfort on Friday. May I ask to piggyback on to whatever you all do - so we are all at the same place? Ideally we all share double rooms - and save a few bucks to spend on booze, food, shirts, etc?

Thank (and I will help if I can - just ask and provide a bit of direction as to what I am looking for).
This sounds good. Will get to work on it tomorrow.

Staying in Louisville Thursday night and yes if you stay at GG just let me know as soon as you can.

We will be in Louisville on Thursday, not Lexington. Friday is undecided at this point. I'm sure we'll go where the rest of the group is located.

We will be in Louisville on Thursday, not Lexington. Friday is undecided at this point. I'm sure we'll go where the rest of the group is located.
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. Louisville Thursday, Frankfort Frriday, Lexington Saturday.

Just thinking out loud here, should we start a list or a PM conversation for those of us looking for additional lodging?

My current plan is to drive through the night Thursday to arrive for Friday golf, so I will need a place Friday. I don't really care where I stay, and am happy to split a room (what are the odds of 2 axe-murderers being in the same room anyway?)

I really don't want to see @Someonescoat have to miss this, but I won't be through Cincy until around midnight unless I left earlier on Thursday.

@Someonescoat if you flew into Cincy where/when would your return flight be?

@Someonescoat I think I might end up flying into Nashville. Its about 2.5 hours from Louisville/Lexington.
Also in case anyone else is looking outside of Louisville for flights...selfishly hoping to split a rental with someone. :)

Thursday night where do you want to stay downtown or near the course?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back