Official Equipment Pondering Thread

3w 5w hybrid and putter. Everything else is newer

Putter just want to try a blade again don't carry a 3w my 5w is sold and I need something better off the deck and a hybrid to fill the gap or possibly no 3w. Have to just see gaping.

Irons...not going to try and force a stock set and try and make it work anymore. After various online fittings and numerous launch monitor sessions I know I need 2Up and 1/4 long from standard (37in 7i) with midsize grips. I'm 6' but short torsoed, with a 38" wrist to floor. Cadet large glove. Looking for a 4/5-GW (22*-50*) set makeup. Heavier iron shafts work best. Driver swing speed is 100 on average.
Seriously pondering the Sub70 699. Thinking of those with DG S300 soft stepped. The PXG 0211 deal is also intriguing. Any other DTC offerings to ponder, especially ones that have that GW?

The CHIPR thread has me thinking about getting a chipper. The PING is a little too expensive for an experiment, but thinking about the Cleveland Smart Sole model.

Chipping has always been a weakness of my game. My scrambling stats are terrible. I've worked really hard on it this year, but I'm mediocre at best. Several league/tournament rounds have been impacted by my ability to consistently get up and down. If a chipper can make this a strength, I have no shame putting one in the bag.

TSR.

Already starting to save up for the Axius. I want to hear the THPers reviews but my core strength is terrible and I've dealt with back pain issues which has limited my golf the past decade. Time to do something about it!!

I feel like I need to start working with a Titleist golf ball before the Experience coming up in September. But, I’m unsure which ball….hmmm….

I feel like I need to start working with a Titleist golf ball before the Experience coming up in September. But, I’m unsure which ball….hmmm….
Wouldn't the V1 be the default for someone of your skill level?

Wouldn't the V1 be the default for someone of your skill level?
There’s not really a default though, it’s about fit. Based on how my swing and flight has changed I could get away with V1 or AVX, but, the only way to really figure it out is to test.

Guess I need to order a dozen of each and get to it.

Do I really need a new wedge? Looking at ones I haven't before specifically the Ping Glide 4.0

Prov1x Left Dash FTW

Haha! As a matter of fact, I ordered a couple dozen yesterday!

Also about to try these:

View attachment 9107299
Awesome. From my testing, the Left Dash was the all around best ball, though all three are good and playable. The AVX is an interesting ball.

Not really a ponder because I bought it last night. But I have a hole in the bag between 5h and 7i. My 6 iron is tough for me to hit. I picked up a demo sim 2 7iron. It might gap to closely to my current 7 but it should fit some of the gap. I can play around with it.

Haha! As a matter of fact, I ordered a couple dozen yesterday!

Also about to try these:

View attachment 9107299
Ohhhhh that's my kind of feature right there.

The members at the O have been generously leaving me quite a few V1's to experiment with lately. It's been great.

Ohhhhh that's my kind of feature right there.

The members at the O have been generously leaving me quite a few V1's to experiment with lately. It's been great.
They’re so kind out there! Strategically placed too I’m sure! 🤣

UW 21 maaaaybe…. 🤔

I've never once taken issue with finding a fresh ProV1 hahaha - and regularly hope it's not the V1x haha
Those are nice to find. I wish more people at my course played the Tour BXS. It would be a more friendly place.

Back