2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

Do any of you guys have the original 2015 forged tecs? I'm gaming those now and I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to the x, or non-x version. Thanks for any feedback!

Courses may be a bit damp tomorrow thanks to stupid rain, but hey let’s see how well these perform!

A review of the Forged Tec that went up a few hours ago. Plenty of them out there, but these guys are a little different voice thant the usuals. His results and conclusions speak very well of the FTs in my opinion. 3 factors that go back to one of my original comments in this thread when I first hit them. That they've surpassed the irons that for years others in this style aspired to in some ways. Now more people just need to realize it, and pay less, for better. :D

Do any of you guys have the original 2015 forged tecs? I'm gaming those now and I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to the x, or non-x version. Thanks for any feedback!
I don't know if I have hit the 2015 Forged Tecs. I played the black ones that came out in the 2017/18 timeframe. I have played the First hollow body FTs, that came out in the fall of '19. I have hit the newest version of the Forged Tecs and own the Forged Tec X. I really think you would see benefit in an upgrade. The technology has advanced the offering. As to whether you go X or not depends on what performance characteristics and visual package appeals more to you. It really comes down to whether you want explosive distance or something that is packaged up more as a player's profile.

All I can say at this point is that I love my king forged tec one length from 2020 and have hit the current forged tec x. If they had forged tec X in one length, I might have already bought a set this year. I am not sold that I can play the current forged tec one length, but the forged tec X feel more forgiving and have a better feel than my current set. I think my current one length set has more forgiveness than the ‘22 one length set.

The OL FTs really have me curious. The club head feels light to me. Maybe I could adjust after a couple rounds.

Thanks for the feedback Tenputt and Triple Frak. I think I'd be happy with the FT or FTX. As a 14HC, I think I might just go for FTX, as I don't need the game to be any harder.
@Tenputt do you have any problems with chipping with the FTX, or are you just totally happy with them?

Thanks for the feedback Tenputt and Triple Frak. I think I'd be happy with the FT or FTX. As a 14HC, I think I might just go for FTX, as I don't need the game to be any harder.
@Tenputt do you have any problems with chipping with the FTX, or are you just totally happy with them?
Go with the FTX and you will love them. I’m a 5 hdcp and they are fun I think you will be happy

I’m a 15hc and I very much enjoying the FTx. They are long and forgiving so that’s a big help right now. They’re also plenty good enough to grow with as my hc goes down.

As far as the chipping with them goes, I’m on the opposite side of what some have felt about them. I find the set gw to be very easy and consistent for me. Shot scope is backing that up as well through the first couple rounds using it.

Overall these are great clubs and I fully recommend them.

I seldom chip with the irons. I usually hood one of my specialty wedges if I want more runout. So, I can’t offer much help on how they work for chipping.

@jdtox curious when you tried the OL for a round why it was harder to hit the longer clubs vs shorter clubs. I thought it would be the other way around.

@jdtox curious when you tried the OL for a round why it was harder to hit the longer clubs vs shorter clubs. I thought it would be the other way around.
I struggle to elevated the longer irons in OL, have no idea why always been that way which is why I don't enjoy OL because I love long irons. Shorter irons didn't seem all that different really. I think if I committed, maybe...maybe I could get used to them.

One thing I forgot to mention about the FTX, the wider soles made playing off Bermuda fairways so much easier for me, not a single dig or grab with the irons. I enjoyed that

Courses may be a bit damp tomorrow thanks to stupid rain, but hey let’s see how well these perform!

Yes! Interested to hear about the performance in the wet if the course is soggy. I need turf interaction details... all of them

One thing I forgot to mention about the FTX, the wider soles made playing off Bermuda fairways so much easier for me, not a single dig or grab with the irons. I enjoyed that

I like hearing this. Even though I have the FT, I've been musing that the sole grinds look really good this year. Excited to get mine in the dirt.

Course isn’t CPO, a Christmas miracle.

Maaaaybe got here two and a half hours early. Not sure what happened there but who am I to argue a great decision?

Maaaaybe got here two and a half hours early. Not sure what happened there but who am I to argue a great decision?
Have fun!

Plenty of time to hit the range and then take a break to give us some feedback.

To say I need more data under my belt is an understatement. There’s something to be said with hitting a range ball versus hitting your actual gamer ball. I can on three occasions recall hitting it solid and saying out loud, “oh God get down please please aaaaand you gone” as I just completely waved to the green. Oopsie. Apparently I’m a club longer than my prior irons, which is a bit hilarious given the yardages even into the wind.

To say I need more data under my belt is an understatement. There’s something to be said with hitting a range ball versus hitting your actual gamer ball. I can on three occasions recall hitting it solid and saying out loud, “oh God get down please please aaaaand you gone” as I just completely waved to the green. Oopsie. Apparently I’m a club longer than my prior irons, which is a bit hilarious given the yardages even into the wind.
I keep telling people that the FT X are almost a club longer than many other player distance irons.

I keep telling people that the FT X are almost a club longer than many other player distance irons.
He has the regular version I think

If you read this thread you’d already know that 😂

Going to be key to trust longer numbers, and get a feel for those feathered ones. You' be dialed in no time.

just one powerful mofo.

If you read this thread you’d already know that 😂
I do read this thread, and I did club what I thought was appropriate. They exceeded that number. Guess I just hit the center of the face more than some idk 🫢❤️

Back