Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 700 Series Putters

702 or especially 704….. mmmmmmmmm

I was one of the original testers, and found the alignment device to not work well for my putting style, plus the sound was not always pleasant. Looks like this iteration will be much better, but lately, I am preferring the sound/feel from a metal face like my Scotty.

I’m really pleased with how they’ve improved the looks and finish quality based on the early release pics they sent. Also, I think the three shapes they chose were a good choice, all essentially plays on the three most popular mallet shapes out there.

I’m really pleased with how they’ve improved the looks and finish quality based on the early release pics they sent. Also, I think the three shapes they chose were a good choice, all essentially plays on the three most popular mallet shapes out there.
Do you know if you will get one to test? Apologize if I miss that.

There is a lot of tinkering possibilities.

Do you know if you will get one to test? Apologize if I miss that.

There is a lot of tinkering possibilities.
Not sure yet.

Yeah, there’s a lot to dig into for sure.

I like the mid mallet designs. I've not had the best of luck with mallets in the past. The larger head size makes it feel heavier to me...even though I know the blades have added weight now and are similar

The new series looks a lot more refined overall. Looking forward to hearing more about these putters.

Does anyone know the head weight with the 3g? Curious about that

Cobra putter was on fire today (maybe it knows a TEE wingman 700 is on the way)...made a 30ft putt and multiple 10-15 foot putts for the birdies on the day.

Cobra putter was on fire today (maybe it knows a TEE wingman 700 is on the way)...made a 30ft putt and multiple 10-15 foot putts for the birdies on the day.
Is putting usually a strength of your game?

I rolled some of the previous gen in the PGASS and liked them for weight and feel, but that sound....will definitely have to give them a roll

Yes I've had a few too many 3 putts this year. I can't fault the Cobra 100% as my first few rounds of the year I was using a SeeMore, but all putting could be better
I went with something totally different than my current gamer. Can’t wait to test it out.

I went with something totally different than my current gamer. Can’t wait to test it out.
I thought about it, but that meant the super max MOI mallet and I couldn't get myself to go there. A mallet in itself is a stretch for me. I've attempted to game a few #7 style mallets and they last maybe half a season before I'm back to a blade.

I've never gotten comfortable looking down at a mallet. I'm hoping the center shaft mid mallet is better for me 🤷‍♂️

I thought about it, but that meant the super max MOI mallet and I couldn't get myself to go there. A mallet in itself is a stretch for me. I've attempted to game a few #7 style mallets and they last maybe half a season before I'm back to a blade.

I've never gotten comfortable looking down at a mallet. I'm hoping the center shaft mid mallet is better for me 🤷‍♂️
I went with the same model as you. I’m playing a blade right now too so going to a mallet is a change, though I played one previous to the blade I’m using now for 5 years. The center shaft is intriguing to me from a performance standpoint and it’s the most visually appealing style too for me.

Question for anyone in the know...

Why is the Wingman color scheme orange and black when all of the other Exotics is red and black?

My 701 arrived today, after my league night round. The alignment on the head is interesting and will be something for me to get used to.

I haven't stroked and putts yet, but I do like the look of the head as it sits on the carpet.

My 701 arrived today, after my league night round. The alignment on the head is interesting and will be something for me to get used to.

I haven't stroked and putts yet, but I do like the look of the head as it sits on the carpet.
Oh wow. I didn’t even realize they had shipped. I know you will talk more about it, but I’m intrigued by the alignment now.

Oh wow. I didn’t even realize they had shipped. I know you will talk more about it, but I’m intrigued by the alignment now.
I went with the standard lie angle which is slightly more upright than my usual, just 1°, and usually play an Anser 2 shape. So, getting the lines to match up was a mind trick.

Did Tour Edge drive it from their HQ to drop it off at your door? Awesome that you got it a few days before they're even supposed to start shipping

Did Tour Edge drive it from their HQ to drop it off at your door? Awesome that you got it a few days before they're even supposed to start shipping
Upper Midwest FTW.

Back