What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

ProV1

excellent in all regards-I can afford any brand but this to me is still the optimum ball. I am far shorter than I used to be due to a bad accident; (used to drive around 280 now 240 or so) but rarely lose one and just believe they are by far the best balls around the green where I can still complete well. Also have tested other balls and this may not be longest full shots but it is in the ball park. Closet competition is Bridgestone IMO

2022 Chrome Soft X triple track. Great distance, especially off the irons. Soft feel, good spin, and triple track got me lined up right where I wante to. Seeing the lines roll end over end means my putting stroke was locked in. Led to my personal best round ever!

Played the Taylormade Tour Response today. Urethane covered ball, plenty long off the tee. Good spin on approach shots and really good around the green. Felt soft off the putter face which I prefer.

Kid was giving me a hard time about not giving his beloved Chrome Softs a fair chance. So I played one all round. Yea, it has some wedge bite on it. But it's durable. After a few holes it didn't feel or sound too bad. That may be attributable to the Labatts Effect. It is workable, without undue effort. It was actually quite predictable on the back side. I still prefer the TP5X, But the kid is right, Chrome Soft is a good ball. If I played it consistently I think we could become friends.16593092175868622736796434612883.jpg

Last edited:
Recently been playing the Titleist TruFeel balls. Played ProV1’s for years, but needed something with less spin off the driver. Switched to Tour Soft , because I like the feel. For $24.99 a dozen I thought I would give the TruFeel a try, it’s a great ball especially for the price.

Yellow taylormade distance. It was solid. Definitely felt different than the TP5 I’ve been playing. But it performed pretty well all day. Not sure if clicky is the right word. But it was a little clicky.

Still rocking the Srixon Q-Star Tour white balls. They work great for me.

might swap to CSX-LS next season but I should have enough of QStars to finish the season!

B’Stone B330 RXS. Super good ball for my game. Upsetting that they went up in price though. I’m just about out of the stash I bought up at the old price.

Yellow taylormade distance. It was solid. Definitely felt different than the TP5 I’ve been playing. But it performed pretty well all day. Not sure if clicky is the right word. But it was a little clicky.
Of course it feels clicky compared to a TP5, it doesn't have a urethane cover. You didn't notice a decided loss of wedge spin?

Of course it feels clicky compared to a TP5, it doesn't have a urethane cover. You didn't notice a decided loss of wedge spin?
Oh, for sure I felt the loss of wedge spin. I was bought them hoping that I could get away with a cheaper ball because the old 19.99 a dozen for TP5 practice balls hasn't been out there for a while and I can't justify spending $45. Hopefully there will be some Labor Day deals.

Last two rounds with Bridgestone Tour B RXS. Straight off the tee and ample spin on the greens. So far, I'm really happy with it.

I played the Zip Star Diamond this morning. Been trying to use them up. Good. Zippy with the wedges. Little too much a couple times. :LOL:. It's definitely softer here now. All carry off the tee and more receptive greens. Like the flight, probably would have zipped either of the balls I regularly play.

I played the Zip Star Diamond this morning. Been trying to use them up. Good. Zippy with the wedges. Little too much a couple times. :LOL:. It's definitely softer here now. All carry off the tee and more receptive greens. Like the flight, probably would have zipped either of the balls I regularly play.

I really like that ball. I’m almost out of them.

So how many on the few pages are playing the same ball 400 pages later? 🤔

I really like that ball. I’m almost out of them.
They're kind of unique and there's some things I really like too. I know they said they're working on another one. I'm really curious what it will be like.

I used the CSX for my round today. It was pretty wet from the rain we have had but the ball performed well. I am not sure I am good enough to tell the difference between this and the CSX LS which I have been using. Both are really really good!

I used the CSX for my round today. It was pretty wet from the rain we have had but the ball performed well. I am not sure I am good enough to tell the difference between this and the CSX LS which I have been using. Both are really really good!
Oh I'd bet you are. It's tough to see some things in wet conditions though.

The past few rounds have been with the E.R.C. Soft TT.
It‘s long both off the tee and the irons and stops OK when I need it to.
I’ve had 4 rounds of 78,78,79 and 82.
But being a golf nut, I’ll be playing a Chrome Soft tomorrow.

I can be really happy with either one in play!
I know, it's a real problem! Lol Save yourself from these decisions while you still can. Couple more rounds, and you will start imagining it's better for you in some way. Until you switch again. :LOL:

I’m back on the Chrome Soft X train. The CS and CS X LS lose a bit of distance for me off the driver. Iron spin and flight seems to balance out for distance through my bag. And wedge play has been just a matter of adapting. The CS X comes off the putter ever so slightly hotter which I kind of need anyway. This has been a wild year with ball switches for me.

Went out for a round on a nice little short(6000 yds) course, but struggled on all the par 5's, and a couple of the 3's. Driving got better after the 5th hole, as everything was a hard fade right, but did eventually find the middle of the fairway, for most of the remaining holes. A few found the right rough just off the fairway, but were playable, albeit for some trees that blocked a full shot into the green. Short game was just outstanding, and my playing partners complimented me every hole that I had a greenside chip, and managed to hit a good landing spot, and let roll out to the hole. Left myself quite a few 3 footers, unfortunately not always for par. So, this 2 piece ball that I am playing of late finally gave me a round that was a little tough to take, but I will just chalk it up to my inconsistency off the tee, and approach shots that were sometimes off the mark, but usually pin high just off the green. The TopFlite Hammer Control yellow, is really not a bad ball. Good distance off the tee, approach was tough yesterday, especially from the rough, which was a little longer than usual, but greenside chips and pitches had good distance control, and would check with rollout. Puttng was not my best yesterday, as I did miss a share of the 3-4 foot putts(ugh), as the greens were lightning fast, and I had a hard time adjusting for up and downhill putts. Had an 8 footer that dropped in center cut, for a bogey, but did look good going in. I will continue to play this ball for the season(4 boxes), as I think there are still plenty of great rounds to be had with it. My wedges were right on yesterday, but the ball really shines off of them. TF Hammer Control yellow is not a ProV, but yesterday it was hard to tell greenside. Let's see next round...

Last edited:
Back