What is Your Next Golf Goal?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Each year we talk about different goals and it could be anything from breaking 100 to getting to a THP Experience or playing a bucket list course. One thing rarely discussed is breaking those down into micro-goals and discussing what is next.

What is your next goal? Large or small, what is the next thing you are looking towards accomplishing and how are you working to get there?

Untitled-11-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

Being able to hit the green every time and being able to sink more putts. Practice is helping, and I have improved greatly this year, but a long way to go to get to consistent mid 80s. I am now playing 2 times per week, and practice hitting the ball with my irons at a direct spot to improve my accuracy. I also hit the putting green for 15 minutes and putt on my matt at home to improve. I just found a stroke that works, so more on that later.

Break into the 80's. I've flirted with it and have broken a 45 for 9, but haven't gotten there yet.

Get into a routine where I practice at least 2 days per week.

1. Granddady. Gotta step up my game on THP some but that is part of the fun.
2. My PB is 75 now. The next "break step" is to break par.
3. Win an event in my Scottsdale league. I have come close and in a handicap range where winning the overall event is tough. I probably have to shoot par or better gross to win.

Man. Last year I shot a career low, this year played in a ProAm, going or the Grandaddy.....I've had a hole in one.....

what the hell else is there?🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'll say this: generally enjoying the game more and appreciating the architecture and knocking off some bucket list courses.

I'll certainly work at golfing with likeminded people who feel the same way as I do about enjoying it. It's supposed to be fun. Sometimes it's not. Who cares.

in regards to the bucket list courses and architecture. I was approved to be a golf week/usatoday. Course reater last fall. With that comes someobligation to have a better understanding of architecture, architects, design, flow etc. will be attending some small rater outings in which they bring in architects to discuss nuances. Really looking forward to it!

Currently my focus is on getting my swing to a solid place. Hard to judge that, but I am at a point that I want to get my index going back down after ballooning up a couple strokes in the last couple months.

My two main goals now are to make my first eagle and to get down to a 10 handicap. I’ve come close to a few eagles this year but the 10 handicap has not been going well

I would like to make some noise in the club championship, top flight. Needs to be an underdog/upset as there are some good players way ahead of me.

Taking out things that are largely out of my control, I would say break 70. I am on the cusp and playing some really good golf right now, but I don't make a lot of birdies and I struggle to rebound if I put a handful of bogeys on the card.

Scratch.

My next goal is knocking some strokes off and becoming more consistent. I would track that with Handicap and becoming a 5 or below. I've started taking my first ever lessons and we'll see how that goes. I just really need to become more consistent with my irons and get a bit back into green reading, and I think I shouldn't really have a problem doing so as long as I find the time. I was on a really good path before my son was born, but the last 3 years with having a kid and covid I had kind of hit a roadblock. Have been able to roughly hold it together though during that time without much of a major skid back.

I would also love to get into a THP event again. Has been unfortunately 3 years now that the Mizuno experience in 2020 ended up getting cancelled.

Find more fairways. I'd like to increase my driving accuracy off the tee with driver. I've started to play more timid off the tee with irons and I'd like to hit driver more often and increase my driving accuracy to somewhere in the low 70%.

Win my company golf league. We have a group of about 20 that play every Friday morning.

I want to break 85. Low score this season is 88 but I still have plenty of time to golf thankfully, so my next goal is 85 or better. A focus on short game work along with better driver stats is helping to get me there.

I have both short- and two long-term golf goals this season. The short-term goal is to actually start playing again. If nobody I played with before is interested, I'll go out and play on my own. My longer-term goals are to finish my training with True Motion Golf and get my HC down to under 20.

Becoming more consistent with rotating back and through, rather than swaying, sliding and flipping. I'm better with it but it isn't second nature yet.

Getting my swing more consistent and repeatable so I can eliminate the 2 way miss with driver.

Being a more consistent iron player.

I have not broken par or shot in the 60s this year. I would like to break 70 before the year is out. Had plenty of rounds in the low 70s, just haven't crossed that barrier yet. I need to eliminate the bogeys. I've been making too many bogeys--need to work on the short game and approach shots to tidy it up. Last round I had 5 birdies but 6 bogeys.:dohanim:

kinda floating after a couple big golf trips recently.

Going to start working things/rebuilding from short game up, but definitely need to put out some more defined goals than that.

this. it's been a goal since i started working with my instructor in 2020. sometimes i've felt close(ish), most times it feels miles away.

i'm not sure it's possible with the time constraints i have, but i think i can get below 3 with a little better irons, and A LOT better short game.

I had a big goal to improve my driving over the last year or two. I have really done well with that, but I'm really struggling with irons now. I seem to be struggling with the bottom of my swing as I am chunking a lot of shots. Always something I guess.

With my life being an open book, I think everyone knows of the delays in my golf season this year, I am wayyyyy behind and my play shows it - very clearly.

First off was hernia surgery and the lay off
Then was buying, selling and moving from our old house to the new/temp space (until late Oct, Nov).

So, now, I am back and hitting balls - my timing is off, my consistency is way off, I have to learn about the dreaded bad grass greens of the deeper south, living now at about sea level I need to notice that the ball does not quite go as far (which is meaningful for me as I am not a big hitter (like the Lama),

So....nice course is 2 miles away, I got a VIP membership, joined an official handicap GHIN service, and am trying to hit the range - a grass range AWESOME - about 1 to 2 times a week and play the same about 1 to 2 times a week - all in an effort to get consistency back - so for me, that's the goal - get consistency back.

After that, its continue to be active here - this place, love it.

Being able to keep my mental focus always in a good place no matter what's going on with the round. I tend to really rush myself even if there is absolutely no need and it can throw me out of whack.

Back