What is Your Next Golf Goal?

1. Not embarrass myself at the 2022 Budget Golf Championship event.

2. Consistently Break 90

3. Play more golf, have more fun doing so.

I would like to win a league event and get my cap headed back down.

Consistent driver swing.

Get to a single digit handicap. I've got the game just need to clean it up. I want to get it done by the end of the year.

I don't think i'll get too much better in casual rounds. Given how much i can practice, scratch is the best i will ever be IMO.

So mostly i'd just like to play better in events , and win 1-2 big ones at my club. I've been getting closer. Came close to winning our A flight match play, and a couple of years back shot under par for the first time in a stroke play tournament. Just want to play better in events

Get back to a 0.0 index or better before our season ends at the end of October. I’m currently a 0.7 and I’m focusing on improving my make percentage on the 4-10 footers which should allow me to shave a stroke. I’ve been committed to hitting at least 200 plus 4-10 footers 3+ days a week the last 10 days and it’s helping.

A couple little trips with golf. People, courses, experiences. The current focus is getting caught up on and finishing work really, so they're possible. I'm having to play a little less and in a sick twist of this life work pretty much destroys my body and makes the golf suffer, but that won't really matter to me much in the end.

Eliminate the wasted shots that cost me strokes. Get more consistent and get to single digits. What am i doing. Go to the gym regularly. Still do Super Speed training. Getting to the range and working on areas of inconsistency . Watch a lot of videos relative to certain areas i have issues and have picked up some good things particularly as to set up, ball position and alignment. And i can honestly say i have made some equipment changes and picked up some clubs that have helped. Graphite shafts in my Aprx 21’s are a game changer for me. Obviously not just that but coupled with better alignment and ball position as well as a more consistent swing. Cant just go get a lesson every night but i can and do find some pretty good and helpful stuff on line whenever i want and it has helped,

I would like to make some noise in the club championship, top flight. Needs to be an underdog/upset as there are some good players way ahead of me.
#LegendKiller

Play to my potential more often. Have shot a couple of 82's at different courses in the last year (including in July). Very few other round under 90. Last three rounds 100-102. Now two were tough courses and one a course I have not played all year but they weren't that bad. Driving, usually a strength has been very inconsistent. Thru middle of yesterday's round I outdrove my 3 playing partners 6 consecutive driving holes either in the fairway or close. On 16 & 18 I mishit balls so bad that I yelled "Fore!" immediately and really feared I was going to hit people. Fortunately both balls hit trees instead... I re-tee'd on 18 and nearly missed the ball. My buddy joked that I probably took a layer of green paint off the bottom of my Epic driver and that was it...

Consistent 80s score. That's my next big step. I've got a 0laying lesson on Wednesday and then 2 more lessons after that. I've been able to get out and play once a week with range 2-3 times a week. I think if I can stay on that path I'll meet my goal within a year.

My big goal is to bring my handicap below a 10 by year end. I am doing this by taking lessons and practicing after this lessons to ingrain those changes. I have been extremely successful in the past few months and my ball striking and consistency has improved significantly. I have a few difererantals below a 10 currently with one being a 7.1 so it should happen this year if I continue to focus and play well.

My small goal is to knock myself below a 13 with my next round. I have a few 18+ differentials I can knock off so this shouldn't be to hard if I continue to play my game and continuing improving.

I would like to qualify for the Utah Senior Am. My qualifying round is next week. It is tough being 61 to compete against guys who played collegiate golf and are ten years younger, but if everything came together, it is possible. I shot a 67 in July and on that day, I played well enough to qualify. Plus, the course for my qualifying is not a long course, so I am not at as severe of a disadvantage as I would be on some courses.

Last edited:
I'd like to get my GIR regulation up in the 50%ish which will give me my other goal of getting my HC back to a 6. We will see if time allows me to hit these goals.

Breaking 80 - continue to practice and ingrain swing fundamentals.
Score more Birdies - enhance approach game into the greens.
Improve Iron play- practice, lessons, practice

New personal best score, and new personal best score to par. Before it all fell apart, I shot 78 a handful of times, and a couple/few of those were on a par 73 course. I've put up 80s on my course and its getting more regular to do so. My handicap has just gotten back to the single digits(which was my main goal this year), so I need to knock a few strokes off to get a 77, then a 76 to better my 5 over par scores. I'm driving the ball better than I ever have, my chipping and pitching is tightening up and the iron game is coming together again. Its just a matter of time. I shot 80 yesterday with a penalty leading to a triple, a ball that never came out of a tree and a couple putts I hit without even really addressing the ball. Not hating the course you're playing on makes a big difference, too.

My next goal right now is to get back to shooting in the mid 90s regularly. Then it will be to get my cap down to a 15 or better.

I want more playing experiences in new places with existing or new golf friends. I love to play. I value learning about new places. I enjoy people.

I have built a good base of skill level and knowledge with golf. I have also overcome my fear of missing out with equipment. Now it is about playing and gaining as many positive experiences and memories as I can.

Reactions: J4U
I have a number of goals.

1. Finish the SIM in garage. Currently it is setup but too damn hot to play in there. Just too busy. But once completed I would really like to use it too improve and keep swing over the winter

2. As @fuffle master stated develop consistency that travels better. The better more difficult courses tend to really beat me up on score.

3. Keep it in the low 80's.

Keep my cap under 10

Win my annual Dells trip Jun 2023

Golf with more THPs either at an event or just meeting up for a round - October in Ohio sounds great @Scooby45 @HarlettoScara @Canadan @DataDude ⛳;)

Yes golf more with THP'ers and get to more THP outings is one of the most important goals

Stay in the 80's

I’m playing for my first par. Kind of surprised it hasn’t happened yet on any of the par 3s I’ve played but I’m confident it will come.

1. Consistently shoot in the 90’s and post a score in the 80’s by the end of the season
2. My 11 year old has caught the golf itch. Keep him interested and get him to the course as much as possible. Easier said than done once school starts along with soccer, baseball and hunting season. At least hit some balls into the net once or twice a week with him.
3. Have fun on the course regardless of my score

Mine is pretty small and yet looms large.

I’d like to reduce my backswing length. It’s very easy with dry swings, but feels impossible when I put a ball down on the ground. I just got a decent roadmap to work on it though. I need to be persistent and accept it’s going to happen slower than I want itto.

Back