What golf stuff did you buy today?

I've now replaced everything between the mini driver and lob wedge correcting gapping issues that originated with new irons. Some may argue that jacked lofts are no big deal, but my wallet begs to differ.

IMG_3317.jpg

2 dozen CSX-LS - USA Truvis Version.

What brand are those? I really like those!
Here's a fun thing. Try to take a picture inside your collar while driving.. :LOL:

20220801_133859.jpg

They're Flomotion. I'm wearing one right now..

Grabbed some new gloves (back to FJ), and wandered past the sales rack and saw this. Colder weather is on the horizon soon and this will be great for fall mornings (if my wife doesn’t steal it).
image.jpg

2 items arrived today.

Sklz Grip and Tempo Trainer. Looking forward to using this as a sort of warm up.

Payntr X 002 LE in white with matching socks. Only put them on for a second, but I look forward to wearing them at league tomorrow.

Picked up a new Cobra RadSpeed 10.5 with the Fuji F1...I know it's going on two years old for release dates, but it is newer than what I was swinging (Titleist 915D2) and was under $300.

went ham with the LTDx off the tee... several approached 300, but long was 294

my effort to contribute to our team in scramble left us with -7 form. close on the leaderboard, not the winner but a 2nd is not too shabby. Enjoyed the round!

Bought a polo from the course.

Last edited:
Had enough shop credit to snag the 10.5* Cleveland driver, plus matching 3&5 wood in regular flex. Played them 9 holes and very impressed. Put them to the real test in tomorrow morning’s round. Also a 34” putter.

Attachments

• E6B5B75E-9779-4996-A059-8945246635B2.jpeg
    E6B5B75E-9779-4996-A059-8945246635B2.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 7504F3AF-0142-4EE6-BA93-E14789CD775C.jpeg
    7504F3AF-0142-4EE6-BA93-E14789CD775C.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 9
  • F2474CB4-881E-4AA2-B035-AB636A712B81.jpeg
    F2474CB4-881E-4AA2-B035-AB636A712B81.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 9
Ordered the Lag Shot (I think it's called) 7 iron. My game is so mixed/messed up/bad - I need to work on tempo and create lag - I think what ever I am doing now is sapping any distance I might have had or once did have. Or, maybe I will discover that I am better than I thought (tempo/lag wise) and I can buy another training tool/toy.

I'll check back after using it at the range!

TM Stealth 3 hybrid, think it's 19 degrees. Hit it on the range and the first shot was so sweet I fell in love immediately. My first-ever TM club (have always been Callaway or Ping), and I absolutely love the sound/feel of this club - it's very intoxicating. Has me thinking that next year when I'm pondering new clubs, I might check Stealth out first (driver/3W/irons)?

Also grabbed a dozen TM Tour Response (white) balls and gamed them for the first time in a scramble yesterday. I was very impressed, the distance was outstanding when I put a good swing on, and I seemed to hit my irons very well with them. They responded well on the greens too, had plenty of check/stopping power. Still had the random toe-duck hook on the driver when I put on a bad swing, but no ball can prevent a sh***y swing like that. Played with the same ball for the first 15 holes until I finally lost one. Thinking this might be my new gamer for the rest of the season.

New irons are on the way. Sub-70 699s with KBS Tour 120 shafts, Lamkin grips. I'm pretty excited, but it'll likely be a couple weeks before they get to my doorstep.

Took a flyer on a 85 R VA Raijin 2.0 Hybrid Shaft to replace the Steelfiber Shaft in my Epic SH 2h.
I have some success with VA shafts in the past and didn't have one in this length and I needed something that launched higher than the Steelfiber.
1659530040122.png

Picked this up yesterday for DSG:
The Hawaii hat was hard to find and I like the Shamrock Truvis because it's a little easier to see in the rough and I'm a "St. Paddy Baby" so the Shamrock is close to my heart:

1659530284859.png

Picked this up yesterday for DSG:
The Hawaii hat was hard to find and I like the Shamrock Truvis because it's a little easier to see in the rough and I'm a "St. Paddy Baby" so the Shamrock is close to my heart:

View attachment 9108986
I'm wearing that exact hat today!

CSX-LS USA edition.. love that the truvis is hitting the LS even if just for the special runs

I bought some grip tape and new epoxy since like an idiot I left mine in the garage over the winter and I don't trust it

Donated to help a THPer with a cross county flight on short notice :p😁

Bought a couple days ago. Received today.

PRGR_Launch_Monitor_Recd.JPG

I didn't expect it to be so small. "Pocket" indeed :)

In case anybody's interested: It seems to like Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA batteries just fine. (I don't use alkaleak batteries in anything, anymore. Either NiMH rechargeable or lithium batteries only. I chose the latter, in this case, because it'll probably sit for long periods w/o use.)

I bought my son a used Taylormade SiM 2 Max 5W with a Ventus Blue shaft today. It’s a beauty. I swung it once on the range and that ball flight made me feel some type of way. Nice crisp sound off the face too. Apparently that means his old Callaway GBB Epic 5W is mine now. I swung that beauty pretty well too. Slightly lower ball flight but the Matrix Red shaft does the job.

Back