LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Part 7: Is this the end?

Lots of emotions happening now. Everyone is worn out, there’s elation from Team Callaway on winning the belt, joy from Team THP on being part of this incredible experience, and a level of sadness when the brick wall of reality hits you that this week is coming to a close.

It’s dark outside now, as we embark on the bus ride back to Carlsbad.

View attachment 9091329

What a sobering feeling, knowing that you’ve just finished the greatest golf experience you could have imagined, with the greatest group of people you have ever met.
And what better way to wash that down, than with another trip to In-N-Out for burgers, fries, and shakes! It certainly helped the taste of defeat and finality not be as bitter.

Some conversations on the bus, some napping, and next thing you know, you are right back in Carlsbad at Callaway HQ, and ready to say the goodbyes.

The Callaway folks treated us like family for the week, and it was difficult to have it end, but I enjoyed every second of it. Hugs, handshakes, smiles and waves. Team THP was now headed back to the hotel, for one last night of sleep, then hopping on an airplane to return home as Grandaddy alumnus.

Part 8: No, it wasn’t the end

A surprise waited for us at the hotel, and one that nobody expected. @vgolfman was going to hang out and chat with us in the lobby. This was super special to be able to meet him in person, and pick his brain for the wealth of knowledge the lives within it. From clubs, to Coke Zero, to fittings and everything in between. He even wore his No 3Jacks hat to make us jealous. But his answers and conversation helped me more than he could realize, as i begin my journey into become a fitter.

View attachment 9091330

Part 9: Now It’s Over

And now, it truly was the end. Some goodbyes to a few with early flights, and up to my room to pack up for the trip home. Breakfast in the morning with a couple fellas, and then then onto the loneliest car ride in the history of golf: heading to the airport after the Grandaddy ends. Looking out the window on that drive as the emotion and memories of the week flood back in, replaying moments in your head, wishing it wasn’t over, but so very thankful you were a part of it.

I can’t say enough good things about my teammates/brothers @MattyD-MPLS @dacatalyst41 @Afizzle2100 @Vader @Muchmore18 @Tevenor @blazinden @cm24 @Nappy @93civiccpe @RealPretendPsychic @Golfers Anonymous or the people from Callaway. I miss it bad. The Grandaddy 2021 was an incredible event. Thank you so much to @JB , @GolferGal , @JasonFinleyCG and everyone else, for letting me be a part of it.

View attachment 9091331

View attachment 9091332
Loved that you framed the sprinkler head invoice!! So awesome.

Well I thought it already happened, so I was very excited to relive everything all over again!
Your other ones were too good. I couldn't let day 4 not be written about by you!

D9C4611C-58C5-4CA8-9449-072863D7F83C.jpeg
Finally got some time to finish the shadowbox. Love this team more than words can describe!

Last edited:
That looks awesome @cm24

That shadow box is pretty sick.

That's awesome, now where you going to put it?
If it were up to me, it’d be the center of attention in our living room but the lady friend has veto power

Back