2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

Those were a fun shaft, I remember them quite well!
I have played them several times including my last set and seem to enjoy them quite a bit. Just experimenting

I have played them several times including my last set and seem to enjoy them quite a bit. Just experimenting
Have a day my dude. Half the fun is just trying other stuff

Have a day my dude. Half the fun is just trying other stuff
Yep. Plus ya know have to keep up with you hackers and your 70% GIR

Yep. Plus ya know have to keep up with you hackers and your 70% GIR
Yeah we had a bad week there. Captain usually demands 100/100. Ever miss a fairway by a foot and know you brought great shame to the team by only going 13/14? :(

Yeah we had a bad week there. Captain usually demands 100/100. Ever miss a fairway by a foot and know you brought great shame to the team by only going 13/14? :(
Nope never gone 13/14 in my life 😅

Nope never gone 13/14 in my life 😅
I missed by literally a foot. I was so mad, because of course I did. Didn’t flare it something so far off that it had no chance, nah. Let’s miss by something as much as wet grass and a bad bounce

I missed by literally a foot. I was so mad, because of course I did. Didn’t flare it something so far off that it had no chance, nah. Let’s miss by something as much as wet grass and a bad bounce

Gaps are starting to take shape and look pretty good with the FTx. My 7 & 9 are looking a little strong right now but I’m hopeful they shape out nicely over the next few rounds.

I am noticing a little bit of a left and right miss coming into the green. I’m going to make a conscious effort to only aim at the middle of the green for a couple rounds. It’s been real easy to go pin hunting because of the confidence these clubs give you.

Overall I’m feeling pretty good where I’m at with them after 1 month and not nearly enough rounds.

CBDB960F-FF15-4A0D-A645-9D8C269E1C2E.png

Gaps are starting to take shape and look pretty good with the FTx. My 7 & 9 are looking a little strong right now but I’m hopeful they shape out nicely over the next few rounds.

I am noticing a little bit of a left and right miss coming into the green. I’m going to make a conscious effort to only aim at the middle of the green for a couple rounds. It’s been real easy to go pin hunting because of the confidence these clubs give you.

Overall I’m feeling pretty good where I’m at with them after 1 month and not nearly enough rounds.

View attachment 9108997
Some pretty big gaps there my friend.

Some pretty big gaps there my friend.
I know those two clubs have had more than a couple big downhill shots. I’ll be playing a couple courses over the next few rounds that are flatter so those numbers should even out. I’m planning to get on a monitor to get some accurate carry numbers next week as well. If the gaps on those don’t tighten up a bit I may go a degree weak. It’s not time to panic yet, just to be aware.

I know those two clubs have had more than a couple big downhill shots. I’ll be playing a couple courses over the next few rounds that are flatter so those numbers should even out. I’m planning to get on a monitor to get some accurate carry numbers next week as well. If the gaps on those don’t tighten up a bit I may go a degree weak. It’s not time to panic yet, just to be aware.
I play a pretty flat course and my Shot Scope gaps are all over the place, but on a launch monitor the gaps are good and on the course I haven't had discrepancies with distances based on wind, lie, strike, etc

Love what I'm hearing about the FTx's! Seem like a great set of performance and forgiveness.

I had a good buddy just order a set, and he never wants to upgrade but finally did, and I'm excited he picked the FTx's!

Wondering if @bmosser ended up ordering these? @Mmaynard11 any idea?
So talked to @bmosser today and he was supposed to have his fitting today for his new Cobra irons. You and @JB did a number on him.
He did confirm that he ordered a certain Cobra putter yesterday!

So talked to @bmosser today and he was supposed to have his fitting today for his new Cobra irons. You and @JB did a number on him.
He did confirm that he ordered a certain Cobra putter yesterday!
Haha love it! Cuda??!!

I’ve been watching this thread eagerly awaiting the FedEx truck to arrive and finally the day has arrived to take them out to the range. I’ve seen all the posts about huge distance gains and just assumed it was people coming from older irons, less tech, better swings etc until I hit them…

Started off with a 147 yard pitching wedge. Pitching wedge. Jeez….that is crazy for me and it just carried on. Ended up with 194 carry on an effing 7 iron, and absolutely dead straight.

8D2D7309-345F-4212-9CBC-AA68C42EEF2E.png

There is some quite frankly outrageous tech in these clubs, not only major distances but unbelievably forgiving as well. Even on slight mishits that I threw in there purely for research purposes were getting out there and not really losing much distance. Peak height seemed to my eye to be a wee bit lower, but the balls just went and went seemingly forever.

I did struggle with the longer 5 and 6 irons which historically have been my weak spot - didn’t launch them well and the gaps bunched up a bit but that is very much me as opposed to the clubs. Not played a lot over the last couple of weeks so that’s on me totally.

Of course that now leaves the dilemma of what the gapping will be like between the 50 degree and PW but can work that around the course as and when required.

Early indications are an absolute roaring thumbs up! Stunning looking irons and a great performance.

I’ve been watching this thread eagerly awaiting the FedEx truck to arrive and finally the day has arrived to take them out to the range. I’ve seen all the posts about huge distance gains and just assumed it was people coming from older irons, less tech, better swings etc until I hit them…

Started off with a 147 yard pitching wedge. Pitching wedge. Jeez….that is crazy for me and it just carried on. Ended up with 194 carry on an effing 7 iron, and absolutely dead straight.

View attachment 9110353

There is some quite frankly outrageous tech in these clubs, not only major distances but unbelievably forgiving as well. Even on slight mishits that I threw in there purely for research purposes were getting out there and not really losing much distance. Peak height seemed to my eye to be a wee bit lower, but the balls just went and went seemingly forever.

I did struggle with the longer 5 and 6 irons which historically have been my weak spot - didn’t launch them well and the gaps bunched up a bit but that is very much me as opposed to the clubs. Not played a lot over the last couple of weeks so that’s on me totally.

Of course that now leaves the dilemma of what the gapping will be like between the 50 degree and PW but can work that around the course as and when required.

Early indications are an absolute roaring thumbs up! Stunning looking irons and a great performance.
What was your gap looking like between the 7 & 8? It looks like we are pretty close on our 7i numbers. I’ll seeing a big drop from the 7 to 8. Enough so that I’m going to have my loft checked.

First round today with Forged Tec X and it was sort of a mixed bag. Distances were definitely long with some irons (9 and 7) and mishits were a problem on a few shots. Definitely will need some time to get these dialed in. It's probably a combination of things - shaft, grips, heads, that is throwing me off, but I think after a few rounds, these will be great performers. I can tell by the shots were everything just feels right.

I’m not seeing 200 yard 7 irons. but I’m seeing proper gapping with this 1° weak build.

D3F49915-9F82-41BB-9F2E-A958C18F86EE.jpeg
And I’ve been able to get the PW to carry different distances depending on set up & swing.

Positive results so far with the UST Mamiya Recoil 110s, I might not change the shafts after thinking I would absolutely be putting Recoil 95 or 110 Protos in them post order.

I’m not seeing 200 yard 7 irons. but I’m seeing proper gapping with this 1° weak build.

View attachment 9110541
And I’ve been able to get the PW to carry different distances depending on set up & swing.

Positive results so far with the UST Mamiya Recoil 110s, I might not change the shafts after thinking I would absolutely be putting Recoil 95 or 110 Protos in them post order.
I’m really liking the recoils in my hybrids. Maybe I should look at the recoils for my irons 🤔

View attachment 9110541

Iron gapping doesn;t get much better than that. Smooth 10-15 all the way from GW to 5i. Nice.

Back