News: Ben Hogan Golf Closing Doors

There is so much ******** running around the Internet about this Company closing. Most of it is all coming from a single source inside the previous company of management, rather than multiple sources. So the slant is real and you’re not getting the full information, will be working on a full story that highlights both sides because there’s way more to this than is being reported
I'm shocked - shocked to hear that bullshite is happening on the internet! ;)

1659095051076.png

That stinks but I’m not surprised

There was some discussion here a few years ago and wether or not the Hogan name carried much weight anymore, several folks didn’t think so and thought the brand was destined for struggles. Then there were a couple die hards like myself that had played the Hogans of yester year that were secretly hoping for a huge success lol.

The majority was right, the brand found some moderate success and they built great clubs but ultimately it looks as though expenses outweighed sales

I hate it personally, I’m a huge Hogan fan and have a set in my bag now, The ICON’s and the PTX Pro’s were very solid irons and honestly I was just waiting on a chrome set to come out so I could put them in my bag.

Hated to hear that BEN HOGAN closed, had a set of HOGAN Apex PC'S best clubs I ever had. Where can I get a BHB02 Putter?

The majority was right, the brand found some moderate success and they built great clubs but ultimately it looks as though expenses outweighed sales

i might be wrong, but i thought i read that it was an issue of funding future r&d and product, not so much that they were running at a loss. in fact, i believe their sales have been increasing.

i might be wrong, but i thought i read that it was an issue of funding future r&d and product, not so much that they were running at a loss. in fact, i believe their sales have been increasing.
They were up until this year. Things have taken some fairly dramatic turns over the last 90-120 days.

They were up until this year. Things have taken some fairly dramatic turns over the last 90-120 days.
Is there any hope of revival? I am having a bit of an existential crisis about whether I will be able to get another set of PTx Pros.

Is there any hope of revival? I am having a bit of an existential crisis about whether I will be able to get another set of PTx Pros.
Without revealing too much, to say I have talked to a few on this matter would be an understatement.
From the previous President of Ben Hogan. To the President before that. To the last two marketing directors, head of warehouse, social media, parent company and even two individuals/companies that had an interest in buying them. Its safe to say my research is complete and that I still don't have an answer for you.

I can say there are some talks taking place, but it would not be what most people think it would be. I do believe the name has value, but is it enough for a full blown equipment company? Not sure on that.

It's amazing to me that this company fizzled out so quickly two separate times.

It's amazing to me that this company fizzled out so quickly two separate times.
It wasn't the product, the gear was good. Especially the wedges.

I can't imagine that having to deal with Perry Ellis (owns the Ben Hogan name) under a licensing agreement helped.

I can't imagine that having to deal with Perry Ellis (owns the Ben Hogan name) under a licensing agreement helped.
In the ranking of things that I believe sunk them, that is pretty far down on the list.

In the ranking of things that I believe sunk them, that is pretty far down on the list.

Fair enough. As an ex-workout guy, I'm looking forward to learning more.

I can add my 2 cents worth...it maybe perception. Ben Hogan = "old" style forged heads while more modern clubs that are cast = forgiveness and distance.

The only other way I can describe it is that Callaway, TM, or Titleist cannot sole survive on the forged offerings.

Anyway, just an unscientific personal opinion.

It wasn't the product, the gear was good. Especially the wedges.
I totally agree. I propped up their equipment so much I was able to get a couple of buddies and my brother to buy irons and wedges from them.

I’m beginning to believe too much damage has been done to the brand to revive it. Hogan Golf has been discontinued or closed up production now 3 times in the last 20-some years. Ben Hogan, the golfer, isn’t someone that is readily known by many under 40 and Ben Hogan, the equipment, is now synonymous with buyouts, failures, and mismanagement. Just like Studebaker, land-line telephones, and Blockbuster videos, they all had their place at one time, but all went the way of the dodo. Hopefully, BHG had a DNR!

Last edited:
I’m beginning to believe too much damage has been done to the brand to revive it. Hogan Golf has now been discontinued or closed up production now 3 times in the last 20-some years. Ben Hogan, the golfer, isn’t someone that is readily known by many under 40 and Ben Hogan, the equipment, is now synonymous with buyouts, failures, and mismanagement. Just like Studebaker, land-line telephones, and Blockbuster videos, they all had their place at one time, but all went the way of the dodo. Hopefully, BHG had a DNR!
Like @JB said, I think the brand name has value, but is it enough for a full club line?

Like @JB said, I think the brand name has value, but is it enough for a full club line?

BHG has to pay Perry Ellis for the rights to use the name, correct? That would be the first hurdle. Who wants to rent their brand name?

Jack Nicklaus irons gone (MacGregor)....Arnold Plamer irons gone....Lee Triveno irons gone you can only carry a name so far without performance improvements!

Fair enough, I looked at funding as as revenue for both, not enough sales means not enough money for development

Jack Nicklaus irons gone (MacGregor)....Arnold Plamer irons gone....Lee Triveno irons gone you can only carry a name so far without performance improvements!
The Edge EX, PTX Pros, putter line, and Equalizer all had very good performance. The clubs themselves weren't the issue I don't think

In the Hogan case, the gear performed very well.

The Edge EX, PTX Pros, putter line, and Equalizer all had very good performance. The clubs themselves weren't the issue I don't think
And one of, if not the, best value in golf. It's just a shame all around.

I don't disagree with you guys one bit. I had some of the original Hogan wedges back when Terry Koehler was president, and they were good wedges. Performance is not the main issue........I just think it's hard to rely on a name for a product, especially when it's not well advertised...and by that I mean nationally/
I had a set of PTx irons and the wedges....the irons felt very good..didn't care for the loft but that was a personal preference. The wedges had the beveled leading edge which I liked a lot. Although they felt good, I really wasn't too keen on forged clubs, so I changed!

Still sexy as hell D0E921E9-4CAA-4A1E-8788-0D6931572E10.jpeg

Back