2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never liked that machine, and you will most definitely feel it the next day, and probably the day after that.

I didn’t mine it this morning. I mean they were fatigued but I wasn’t like AHHH MY ARMS

wow a lot of fitness gals and guys in here. I need to start getting back in the gym more. Been at once every couple of weeks which is not enough and weight is getting up to 195. Not surprising after 10 days in Ireland and then another wedding this past weekend. Been a busy month.

Can't run anymore do to impending knee replacement, but need to ride bike more and gym more. Went today its a start

I didn’t mine it this morning. I mean they were fatigued but I wasn’t like AHHH MY ARMS

By the way, if you decide to do some more boxing, I highly recommend adding in some kickboxing.

My current favorite is a back push kick to front knee combo. I feel like round house kicks are going to take some practice again, but we haven't gotten there in the two classes I have taken so far.

By the way, if you decide to do some more boxing, I highly recommend adding in some kickboxing.

My current favorite is a back push kick to front knee combo. I feel like round house kicks are going to take some practice again, but we haven't gotten there in the two classes I have taken so far.

Glad to see you’ve settled in at the new place and have a little time now.

Do you use an app of some sort for classes? I always sort of discounted that type of thing, but the Peloton app really changed my life.

I still do the boxing, I just got bored and thought hey what’s this rope thing do? Aaaannd regret

Glad to see you’ve settled in at the new place and have a little time now.

Do you use an app of some sort for classes? I always sort of discounted that type of thing, but the Peloton app really changed my life.

I have a Tempo Studio that I am absolutely obsessed with! Been using it for about 18 months or so now. I do all kinds of different classes on it, it has changed my life. I cannot say enough amazing things about it.

I have a Tempo Studio that I am absolutely obsessed with! Been using it for about 18 months or so now. I do all kinds of different classes on it, it has changed my life. I cannot say enough amazing things about it.

That looks incredible. Finding something that keeps you engaged, challenged and motivated is such a game changer.

That looks incredible. Finding something that keeps you engaged, challenged and motivated is such a game changer.

I absolutely LOVE this machine. I have done so many of their programs, and really found a love for heavy lifting, which has truly transformed my body. But if I don't feel like heavy lifting I can do boxing (which I absolutely love) and now kickboxing, or they have barre style classes, they just added pilates, tons of different cardio, core, strength training, conditioning, and even yoga. They actually have classes specific for golfers, and they have had Olympic athletes come do some classes. They also have classes designed for athletes. It's the best purchase we have ever made.

It has gotten me into the best shape of my life, and I am back to the body I had when I was in my early 20s, or damn close to it. Went from a size 6 back to a size 0 and actually feel like me again. When we moved I told the movers I don't care what happens to anything else in this house, but if you break this I will break you, lol.

I absolutely LOVE this machine. I have done so many of their programs, and really found a love for heavy lifting, which has truly transformed my body. But if I don't feel like heavy lifting I can do boxing (which I absolutely love) and now kickboxing, or they have barre style classes, they just added pilates, tons of different cardio, core, strength training, conditioning, and even yoga. They actually have classes specific for golfers, and they have had Olympic athletes come do some classes. They also have classes designed for athletes. It's the best purchase we have ever made.

It has gotten me into the best shape of my life, and I am back to the body I had when I was in my early 20s, or damn close to it. Went from a size 6 back to a size 0 and actually feel like me again. When we moved I told the movers I don't care what happens to anything else in this house, but if you break this I will break you, lol.

Nice, I didn’t realize you had taken this as far as you have. Well done! It’s really about the best damn feeling in the world I think. Makes life easier in so many ways as well.

Nice, I didn’t realize you had taken this as far as you have. Well done! It’s really about the best damn feeling in the world I think. Makes life easier in so many ways as well.

So during the heart of COVID is when we moved to Nashville, and I had started to put on weight before we moved, because quite frankly COVID and the word shutting down really put me in a depressed state. Then when we moved we immediately had our kitchen renovated so we went 4 months without a kitchen, and I put on 30lbs. It was awful, I was miserable in my own skin. @JB actually learned about the Tempo. I said it was too expensive and couldn't pull the trigger so he did, lol. He knew how important fitness was in my life, and I had basically been on a year + hiatus and he hated seeing me so down and depressed. I think he liked all the pizza and burgers I was willing to eat, but in the end he knew I needed fitness back in my life.

Anyway, long story short, he bought the Tempo, and once I finally took the plunge and started a program, I never looked back. It has truly transformed my life, not just from the physical but the mental. It's my therapy, I just love it. And I have zero affiliation with it, it's just a machine that honestly saved me from myself.

So during the heart of COVID is when we moved to Nashville, and I had started to put on weight before we moved, because quite frankly COVID and the word shutting down really put me in a depressed state. Then when we moved we immediately had our kitchen renovated so we went 4 months without a kitchen, and I put on 30lbs. It was awful, I was miserable in my own skin. @JB actually learned about the Tempo. I said it was too expensive and couldn't pull the trigger so he did, lol. He knew how important fitness was in my life, and I had basically been on a year + hiatus and he hated seeing me so down and depressed. I think he liked all the pizza and burgers I was willing to eat, but in the end he knew I needed fitness back in my life.

Anyway, long story short, he bought the Tempo, and once I finally took the plunge and started a program, I never looked back. It has truly transformed my life, not just from the physical but the mental. It's my therapy, I just love it. And I have zero affiliation with it, it's just a machine that honestly saved me from myself.

I get it man. 100%.

That’s the kind of feedback I love to hear. I’m happy to hear you are in a better space and have that fire back. The mental/physical connection was one I was really happy to have during the lockdowns.

Last edited:
Chest day done, aaaannd we are shaky. Mistakes were made involving not enough food for the day before working out.

oopsie

Today's core challenge workout:
30sec cardio (bike), 8 jump squats, 8 burpees, 8 shoulder taps. Repeat 8 round for time, keeping cardio the same but going down 1 rep each time for the other 3 exercises.

I finished slower than I wanted but that only means room for improvement. I still got it done and that's what matters.

Finished up my workout. It was a 30 minute upper body dumbbell routine that makes my arms feel like they are on fire. I upped my weight for all reps and several times went to complete failure. I didn't always make the timer they have up but I did all I could.

Has not been a good few weeks. Have been getting a workout in here and there, but nothing consistent, not even close to it. This warm weather makes it difficult.

Need to find a good long term plan that will improve strength, work my core, and increase flexibility. My problem has been I stick to a 6 week workout for 3 months, then get tired of it and have no consistency. Need to find something!

After my lesson yesterday, I was a little beat, but had to get to the gym. Got a good lift in and things are slowly but surely progressing. Some jumps and bands to warm up then hopped on it:

Incline bench press 7x145, 7x155, 6x165
Squat to box - 7x195, 7x215, 7x235
Lat pull down - 7x150, 7x140, 7x140
Bicep curls - 12x35, 11x35, 12x30
Strap lower body rotation with support (I keep my upper body back by holding a staff in golf position) 12x60, 2x12x70

Back at it Thursday and Saturday this week.

Has not been a good few weeks. Have been getting a workout in here and there, but nothing consistent, not even close to it. This warm weather makes it difficult.

Need to find a good long term plan that will improve strength, work my core, and increase flexibility. My problem has been I stick to a 6 week workout for 3 months, then get tired of it and have no consistency. Need to find something!
When I get bored of the program I'm doing, I switch it up to a new program. There is no harm in switching up the style of exercise. It keeps the muscles guessing.

When I get bored of the program I'm doing, I switch it up to a new program. There is no harm in switching up the style of exercise. It keeps the muscles guessing.
I have done that, but there's always this lag in between where I stick to my old one, kind of, and just float by haha. I'm in that time now.

Like the guy on work release on Elf said, I got to get out of the flow

I really hate having a 2 story house the day after leg day.

Had a busy day today and was only able to get in a quick 30 minute boxing class. I’m hoping tomorrow morning before the Worst Golf Podcast later that day I can get in a good full body workout. That’s what‘s on the agenda at least.

Almost passed out doing a leg circuit that included wall sits which my legs were trembling for. Started getting a serious knot/cramp in my upper left thigh during my rest before my core finisher for the challenge I'm doing...
Spent the whole rest break with Theragun on that spot.

Haven't experienced that in a long time but got the finisher in and felt good completing everything today.

Immediately felt the soreness in my legs walking up and down the steps lol

🚨I actually did yoga last night 🚨

Felt a little stiff from golf yesterday and did a 20 minute flow. Felt good and relaxing at the end of the day. I should do more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back