2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That a boy! I hit leg day this morning, my favorite 2 days of the week :cool:
Woke up this morning and they mostly feel fatigued. I finished the last sled push and I’m pretty sure my quads were about to give out.

Full body workout done, and 3 week heavy lifting program complete!

My body is done! I pushed the weight hard today, felt good, but damn I'm spent. Going to just do some kickboxing tomorrow I think, get the blood flowing, and then need to figure out what program I want to start for next week.

Full body workout done, and 3 week heavy lifting program complete!

My body is done! I pushed the weight hard today, felt good, but damn I'm spent. Going to just do some kickboxing tomorrow I think, get the blood flowing, and then need to figure out what program I want to start for next week.
Something where you feel like you have regret in the middle of it, but feel great afterwards

Finally starting to make some progress. Seeing some results. Ready to continue this. Eating better and putting on some muscle I lost. Trying not to pay attention to the scale so much bc I’m lifting and feel great other than one health issue I’m working with but hopefully will get it figured out when I go to the urologist in a couple weeks.
2F9BB588-7296-41AF-9387-D8C3261B1254.jpeg

Started working on my core last night and my whole midsection is hurting today

Laying on the couch wanting to nap and thinking about how I have a HIIT workout for today's chore challenge...
Heres to putting it out there to hold myself accountable today.

Laying on the couch wanting to nap and thinking about how I have a HIIT workout for today's chore challenge...
Heres to putting it out there to hold myself accountable today.
18 min EMOM ✅
5 min core finisher ✅
Headed out for a walk to complete my LISS for the day.

My warm up and cool down both include Theragun which is a life saver with recovery.

30-minute Legs and core done. There were some interesting exercises in this video. I've never done 'hamstring db curls' before. That was interesting. Legs feel like jello.

Finally starting to make some progress. Seeing some results. Ready to continue this. Eating better and putting on some muscle I lost. Trying not to pay attention to the scale so much bc I’m lifting and feel great other than one health issue I’m working with but hopefully will get it figured out when I go to the urologist in a couple weeks.
Its just one metric and not one to get hung up on for sure... Feeling good is my favorite measure of success.

Happy Friday everyone!

After taking in most of a ballgame last night, I was dragging a bit, but got up and got it done.

Set of squats - 5@300
Bench press - 3x5@175.

Not bad heading into the Sand Valley/Kohler/Erin Hills trip. Hay is in the barn.

6 month check up today.

Chol 139
HDL 37
LDL 60

Liver (evil and must be punished) is A OK.
Kidneys (yum) are fine.

PSA 0.52 (y)(y)

BP 115/68
Resting Heart Rate 48

Still a fat bastard! 😬

Overall, pretty damn happy.

Got another solid lift in yesterday. Wednesday after lifting Tuesday had some legit soreness, definitely impacted my stack speed training, but that is fine. Building the foundation is what I really need to do now, speed can be added in. Little sore in a couple spots, but nothing like Wednesday.

yesterday after warm up:

Alternating
2x5x50 (each side) band resisted lateral jumps
2x10x8 overhead med ball slam

RDL 1x7x195, 1x7x215, 1x7x235
Bench press 1x7x175, 1x7x185, 1x6x195

Strap torso rotation, 1x12x60, 2x12x70
Incline DB back row, 2x7x55, 1x7x60

overhead tricep extension 3x10x110

Planning to do some really light cleans and landmine lifts tomorrow.

I need to work out, I need to work out, I need to work out. All I really want to do is eat though, I'm so hungry, and so busy, but need to work out. This is me publicly sharing the thoughts running through my head right now in the hopes it gets me to go workout.
I actually feel this same way today. Not sure why but I'm sooo hungry. My legs are also very sore from yesterday. I'm glad I don't usually do my workouts until around 8pm. Plenty of time to get my butt motivated to do it.

You got this! You know you'll be glad you did once you get about 5-10 minutes in.

I need to work out, I need to work out, I need to work out. All I really want to do is eat though, I'm so hungry, and so busy, but need to work out. This is me publicly sharing the thoughts running through my head right now in the hopes it gets me to go workout.

You can do anything for 30 minutes.

Got my workout in. It was upper body dumbbell I've been able to up my weight on some of them to 30lb for at least 1 or 2 sets then I need to drop down to 20 or 25lb just to be able to continue to get the weight up. The burn was real.

77min of arms and core work. We might regret this tomorrow, or it could be completely fine

I got my core work out in on Friday, then sweat my butt off working on the boat.
Saturday went to the range.
Sunday to a rest day but got some steps in doing laundry and going to the Phillies game.

Still have to do my workout today

Normal to lose 5.6lb overnight from walking the golf course, or nah?
I need to get some calories in me asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back