Review MotoCaddy M7 Electric Caddy Review

Lol I know this is a joke but I also tried to test the longevity of one charge on it. I lost track of how many rounds I made it and I was still at half battery so I charged it. That thing doesn't need to be worried about for quite awhile.
Mine died tonight after 25 holes. I had to push the last 2 in league.
I had gotten 27 with room left over before so I don't know why tonight was different, Maybe because its been sitting for 7 days?

That’s mine as well
I have the same screen I am guessing from the 2021 model?

Mine died tonight after 25 holes. I had to push the last 2 in league.
I had gotten 27 with room left over before so I don't know why tonight was different, Maybe because its been sitting for 7 days?

I have the same screen I am guessing from the 2021 model?
Sad to hear that, but have to ask. How was it pushing for the last few? It doesn’t seem awful but curious to your experience.

Sad to hear that, but have to ask. How was it pushing for the last few? It doesn’t seem awful but curious to your experience.
Not that bad. I wouldn't want to do it for 9 holes but it was doable.

The bold could for sure be a reason. I did my 58 holes back to back to back with a day in between the last four before it died

The bold could for sure be a reason. I did my 58 holes back to back to back with a day in between the last four before it died
I've had mine sitting in the car for over a week, and it had no effect on the battery meter.

I've had mine sitting in the car for over a week, and it had no effect on the battery meter.
Well then I don't know 😅 25 holes seems unreasonably quick for how well the battery has done for others

So after a few months of using the M7, at least once a week:

Fantastic way to walk, really enjoy just sending the cart ahead or walking next to it w/ the speakers playing. Can pack extra drinks, etc.. without worrying about the weight. Great not having to walk back to get the cart when I'm done looking for my balls...or on the other side of the green. Surprise how stout this thing really is, even on some side hills it was able to traverse nicely. I did have a spill once, got too close to the green side bunker and took my eyes off for a second.
Really appreciate the lock button design and location on the remote. Away from all the other buttons and hard to accidentally hit it.
Overall, love the M7, recommended it every time anyone asked. Just about everyone was intrigued and amazed by it.

A couple of cons from my usage:
- Maybe just my unit? The remote's right turn is annoyingly glitchy. Tapping the Right button to get a small, smooth turn is a crap shoot. Half the time it would just stop the M7 dead on it's track, like tire skidding a little kind of abrupt stop from a 5-6 speed. The Stop button doesn't have that hard of a stop. No issues at all using the same taps on the Left button.
- For manual operation, the radial speed control feels a little too sensitive. Sometimes rotating it slowly doesn't register any changes and normal operation over shoot my target speed (hitting 7-8 instead of 5). Is it a momentum speed control?

Speaking of speed control, wish there is a 5.5 speed.. 5 is touch too slow and 6 is a touch too fast for my walking pace. But I also rather not have 20 speeds on the control so it is what it is.

Half the time it would just stop the M7 dead on it's track, like tire skidding a little kind of abrupt stop from a 5-6 speed
I've had that happen once or twice to me in the past week. No idea which turn button I was pressing but I just figured I accidentally tapped the stop button. But now that you say that, I feel better in saying that happened by hitting the turn buttons. Interesting!

I've had that happen once or twice to me in the past week. No idea which turn button I was pressing but I just figured I accidentally tapped the stop button. But now that you say that, I feel better in saying that happened by hitting the turn buttons. Interesting!
Is the remote charged.

I had this happen with my MGI a few times and once with my Motocaddy. I assumed I was accidentally tapping the stop button or fat fingering it.
I spoke to MGI about it a while back and they said they believed it was that simple, but no idea honestly.

I had this happen with my MGI a few times and once with my Motocaddy. I assumed I was accidentally tapping the stop button or fat fingering it.
I spoke to MGI about it a while back and they said they believed it was that simple, but no idea honestly.
Yeah it's nothing that is worrisome. Just a quick press of of the forward button gets me on my way again.

Yeah it's nothing that is worrisome. Just a quick press of of the forward button gets me on my way again.
It scared me the first time as I almost rib caged it with the other cart. Now I keep it pretty far in front of me, so no worries.

Yes, I check the battery status bar before every round. Also wasn't switching from manual to remote while the M7 is moving. I'm with @JB on keeping my distance so I don't get stabbed by the handle bar when this happens.
As for the potential fat finger, I thought I was doing that... but after a while, it made sure to hit the Right button on the far right side as possible so the Stop button doesn't come into play. My only other suspicion is that the internal contact might be touching the stop button on the board but that doesn't explain the abrupt hard stop though. When using the Stop button, the M7 does stop immediately but it's more like a 'soft close' stop.

Last edited:
Yes, I check the battery status bar before every round. Also wasn't switching from manual to remote while the M7 is moving. I'm with @JB on keeping my distance so I don't get stabbed by the handle bar when this happens.
As for the potential fat finger, I thought I was doing that... but after a while, it made sure to hit the Right button on the far right side as possible so the Stop button doesn't come into play. My only other suspicion is that the internal contact might be touching the stop button on the board but that doesn't explain the abrupt hard stop though. When using the Stop button, the M7 does stop immediately but it's more like a 'soft close' stop.
I would try taking the remote apart and cleaning the button pad. That seemed to do the trick for me with the issue I was having charging the remote.

Fantastic way to walk, really enjoy just sending the cart ahead or walking next to it w/ the speakers playing. Can pack extra drinks, etc.. without worrying about the weight. Great not having to walk back to get the cart when I'm done looking for my balls...or on the other side of the green. Surprise how stout this thing really is, even on some side hills it was able to traverse nicely. I did have a spill once, got too close to the green side bunker and took my eyes off for a second.
Really appreciate the lock button design and location on the remote. Away from all the other buttons and hard to accidentally hit it.
Overall, love the M7, recommended it every time anyone asked. Just about everyone was intrigued and amazed by it.

A couple of cons from my usage:
- Maybe just my unit? The remote's right turn is annoyingly glitchy. Tapping the Right button to get a small, smooth turn is a crap shoot. Half the time it would just stop the M7 dead on it's track, like tire skidding a little kind of abrupt stop from a 5-6 speed. The Stop button doesn't have that hard of a stop. No issues at all using the same taps on the Left button.
- For manual operation, the radial speed control feels a little too sensitive. Sometimes rotating it slowly doesn't register any changes and normal operation over shoot my target speed (hitting 7-8 instead of 5). Is it a momentum speed control?

Speaking of speed control, wish there is a 5.5 speed.. 5 is touch too slow and 6 is a touch too fast for my walking pace. But I also rather not have 20 speeds on the control so it is what it is.
If it keeps happening, shoot us a note at sales@motocaddy.us and we'll flip out the remote.

287DA126-09B3-4EFF-B41C-411EC2D0F1CC.jpeg
Happy birthday to me!!

extra drinks? you must be using a competitor insulated cooler because motocaddy doesn't have one. I also had to use somebody else's sand bottle but it worked. I did order the seat with the storage which solves one problem. An insulated cooler designed to fit would be nice. Other than those 1st world problems, I have no complaints.

extra drinks? you must be using a competitor insulated cooler because motocaddy doesn't have one. I also had to use somebody else's sand bottle but it worked. I did order the seat with the storage which solves one problem. An insulated cooler designed to fit would be nice. Other than those 1st world problems, I have no complaints.
There's a cooler pocket in our DRY bag 😁 And we have sand bottles now!

Nope, just using the bag's bottle holders: one drink bottle, one sand bottle (using an old water bottle w/ a flip cap). Extra drinks goes in the insulated pocket. Don't have any of the Motocaddy attachments...yet.

This is probably my biggest complaint if I can find one. Half speeds would be perfect
That and the Jerky turns and almost breaking a Rib every time out since I am not as smart as @JB.

I did tell someone last week that the M7 was the best equipment purchase I have ever made!

I did tell someone last week that the M7 was the best equipment purchase I have ever made!
I've told this to every person that asks about it!

1F252C0B-CE18-4E21-8E19-3B239A26BA76.jpeg
Had mine out for nine today on a course I’ve never taken it to. It’s turned a couple heads and performed extremely well. To add I can’t remember when the last time I charge the battery for the remote was.

Back