What was your thoughts on the SMS steelfiber combo
They felt good when I hit it at first, I thought this is nice. Then it was sort of night and day once I moved the weight to the toe. Just much more solid contact.

Is your normal shot shape a fade? How did the Steelfibers feel compared to what your playing?
Yeah, unfortunately while my normal shot shape tend to be a fade, I am perfectly capable of throwing both straight shots and draws into the mix randomly. But yes normally a fade and on the monitor consistently a draw even with my own club. Now maybe I perfected my swing since the last time I played on Sunday even though I haven't picked up a club but my guess is that is not what happened. Just a guess though.

Yeah, unfortunately while my normal shot shape tend to be a fade, I am perfectly capable of throwing both straight shots and draws into the mix randomly. But yes normally a fade and on the monitor consistently a draw even with my own club. Now maybe I perfected my swing since the last time I played on Sunday even though I haven't picked up a club but my guess is that is not what happened. Just a guess though.
Will be interesting to see what results you get when they come in. How do you think you might get on with the VL?

Will be interesting to see what results you get when they come in. How do you think you might get on with the VL?
I played VL until late 2018 so it should be a fairly short period of adjustment. Hopefully🤞

The one thing that will need to be checked again will be the effect of the diff weight once mine come since I went Midsize so a little heavier grip than the test shafts had.

My plan is to take my clubs to an edel fitter when I get them and do a “shaft fitting” and see if anything is worth paying extra to upgrade. If nothing else, I can get the weight in the right spot and know that the shafts work great. Worth the fitting fee

1st week if shipping have come and gone. Maybe we will have better luck in week 2.

I get to hit these Monday….

Guys let’s bring this conversation back to the irons.
We know everybody is antsy and excited, we swear it won’t be much longer.

Nice. Look forward to your thoughts.
I’m eager to put them through their paces on the range. Also excited to see what Ryan can do to dial them in.

I need to see the size in hand, and I need to experience the feel. Those Things are as always, massively important to me.

I’m eager to put them through their paces on the range. Also excited to see what Ryan can do to dial them in.

I need to see the size in hand, and I need to experience the feel. Those Things are as always, massively important to me.
You have a set of 105s ready to put in them?

You have a set of 105s ready to put in them?
The ones I’m going to hit are Ryan’s fitting set, not sure if I’m getting a set or not, Monday will help me decide!

The ones I’m going to hit are Ryan’s fitting set, not sure if I’m getting a set or not, Monday will help me decide!
I’m going out on a limb and predicting you will be getting a set.

You ar
I get to hit these Monday….
You are going to love them. They have a bit bigger top line than my mp20 mmc but it wasn't off-putting at all. The big thing for me was the lack of off set. I absolutely cannot hit clubs with a lot of offset and these had even less than my Mizuno which surprised me.

Can we expect a write-up with some photos? They are IMO a gorgeous looking iron.

I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Can’t wait for these irons. I have been telling everyone at the course how good they felt when I got to hit them. The guy cleaning my clubs after the round yesterday didn’t know that Edel made wedges. He thought they were a putter company. I look forward to spreading the word in AZ

These look better to me every time I see them. Short listed for a January fitting.

These look better to me every time I see them. Short listed for a January fitting.
Have you seen them in person or just in pictures. When we were able to hit them at Quest Cup I was instantly sold on them. The tech in them has allowed for very minimal offset. Even with that minor amount of offset to 4 iron was stupid easy to crush. I took 4 or 5 swings with the the 4 all long a straight or slight draw. My miss with long irons is right. Not with the SMS. After those 4 or 5 swings I proceeded to try and trade @Koske out of his personal set. Had they disappeared I would have for sure been the prime suspect.

Have you seen them in person or just in pictures. When we were able to hit them at Quest Cup I was instantly sold on them. The tech in them has allowed for very minimal offset. Even with that minor amount of offset to 4 iron was stupid easy to crush. I took 4 or 5 swings with the the 4 all long a straight or slight draw. My miss with long irons is right. Not with the SMS. After those 4 or 5 swings I proceeded to try and trade @Koske out of his personal set. Had they disappeared I would have for sure been the prime suspect.
My concern is them being hollow. I just don't get along with them well....

My concern is them being hollow. I just don't get along with them well....
These hit similar to my Cobra forged tec (2019 version) but the sound/feel was better.

Back