New Release: Callaway Apex UW

Solidly in the bag. Used it again today several times today. Good swing great results. Really good swing this club just performs.
I really truly feel like it’s cheating at times.

I bought one of these in 21 degree and as much as I try, I cant hit these UWs. Some kind of mental block. I have no doubt they are phenomenal, I just cant hit them. Could be the stock RDX maybe…?

Hit my Apex Pro 20 degree hybrid way better and it isn’t even close.
Stock rdx black isn’t a friendly shaft in the offering which is weird because i loved it in driver.

I'm itching to put a 3 wood back in the bag but I'm torn on that or trying one of these. I've had such good luck with 3 woods in the past but I've been interested in this since it was released also.

Stock rdx black isn’t a friendly shaft in the offering which is weird because i loved it in driver.

Interesting….

as I like it in my driver too.

Dilemma is… move on or reshaft….

Dilemma is… move on or reshaft….

do you have a new shaft already for it? With the right shaft it’s a game changer

do you have a new shaft already for it? With the right shaft it’s a game changer

I have a Ventus Red 7X that I could yank out of a Titleist adapter. It’s tempting….

I have a Ventus Red 7X that I could yank out of a Titleist adapter. It’s tempting….

I play red 7s tipped 1.5” in my 21*.

My 19° was awesome today. Used it twice on two of the par fives and ended Birdie on both. On the dogleg left had a beautiful draw up and around the trees.

@DNice26 I have a Ventus Red in mine also. it launches so beautifully.

Dying to try this club. My longest stick is my 19 hybrid - recently tried a shot with my old 3W and damn that shaft felt long!! I just love the hybrids and anything that goes longer than the 3 hy but feels like a hybrid would be a great add to the bag

Just picked up my 17 and 21 degree combo. I hit a few balls in the sim right away and it was...disapointing, but trusted the fitting and the round I could play with a demo and blamed it on me. After a round and a range session I can confirm it was a me thing back on that day.
Wow!
It is so point and shoot it is unbeleivable, but then open up or close the stance and it becomes easily workable. Mind you I am a 16-17 hcp at the moment and I have been working the ball around on obstacle this summer (punch outs and trees in front mostly) with success and this club just make it easier even for the longer shots.
Hit a big fade/slice out of the woods with the 21 on a second par 5 shot ending perfectly in the middle on the fairway gaining a good 30-40 yards over a straight punch out. Mind you if the slice didn’t kick in it was OB for sure, yet I was so confident I didn’t think twice.
Next tee is either short layup, a perfect straight shot close to trees to get a line and if you cook it left or right its in the woods, again I hit a perfect fade around the trees with the 17 deg. Last hole (par 5) my drive ended on a little hill in the rough and lie was a bit uphill, hit the 17 to the middle of the fairway letting me a little wedge in and made the birdie. I don’t think I could of pulled that shot with my 3 wood.
It is hot off the face but at the same time compared to my old hybrid and fairways feel is so dense it inspire control and results don’t lie!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Just picked up my 17 and 21 degree combo. I hit a few balls in the sim right away and it was...disapointing, but trusted the fitting and the round I could play with a demo and blamed it on me. After a round and a range session I can confirm it was a me thing back on that day.
Wow!
It is so point and shoot it is unbeleivable, but then open up or close the stance and it becomes easily workable. Mind you I am a 16-17 hcp at the moment and I have been working the ball around on obstacle this summer (punch outs and trees in front mostly) with success and this club just make it easier even for the longer shots.
Hit a big fade/slice out of the woods with the 21 on a second par 5 shot ending perfectly in the middle on the fairway gaining a good 30-40 yards over a straight punch out. Mind you if the slice didn’t kick in it was OB for sure, yet I was so confident I didn’t think twice.
Next tee is either short layup, a perfect straight shot close to trees to get a line and if you cook it left or right its in the woods, again I hit a perfect fade around the trees with the 17 deg. Last hole (par 5) my drive ended on a little hill in the rough and lie was a bit uphill, hit the 17 to the middle of the fairway letting me a little wedge in and made the birdie. I don’t think I could of pulled that shot with my 3 wood.
It is hot off the face but at the same time compared to my old hybrid and fairways feel is so dense it inspire control and results don’t lie!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Yes! Point and shoot!

Re-epoxied the Ballistic 85g into my 19, I was tempted to change it out to something else, but why? That setup is god tier for me.

I never could make HZRDUS shafts work in fairways either FWIW. Absolutely worth a shot if you have a decent alternative on hand.

I never could make HZRDUS shafts work in fairways either FWIW. Absolutely worth a shot if you have a decent alternative on hand.

Ok, interesting. As mentioned, I get along with the RDX black in my driver, but oofa....the UW not so much! May give it a go for giggles...

Ok, interesting. As mentioned, I get along with the RDX black in my driver, but oofa....the UW not so much! May give it a go for giggles...

Red giggles ^

Do it.

All is right in the bag again. UW is back where it belongs, new epoxy set. Also, new grip, cut off that dumb NDMC. 😉

I have some pro shop credit to burn and this is still heavily on the watch list.

Played nine after work today. Bad drive put me in a bad position on hardpan with a narrow window through trees. Pulled the UW out and hit a shot that as good as this club has been still surprised me and i hit the green. This really is a great and versatile club and a definite stroke saver.

I see what guys like about the Udub now.
When I force myself to not overreact to the face/setup of the head, I hit it great. Something about the setup makes me want to press and it can lead me into a pressy toe strike. If I maintain my setup and get a good move off the ball without the press, I hit it great. It goes slightly higher thanmy Apex Pro Hybrid and prob about 10/15 further.

There’s one hole on my home course where I almost always use the UW off the tee. It’s often the first time I’m using it in the round. I came into the 11th today with a great +3 round going and was a little nervous about swinging the UW for the first time. No need! Awesome baby fade right down the middle. Love this club!
1660530629547.png

This is a club I am still struggling with. I don’t m is what it is but I am always striking this on the toe and hitting high right shots that get me in trouble.

I have pondered going to a heavenwood because I am having so much success with the Rogue ST Max D fairway.

If I could calm down the leftward miss with this club I could really depend on it. It’s great in a stinger kinda swing.

first round with the apex uw 19* paired with la golf a-series low 70S happened this morning. i hit this club 3 times.

first shot was from 205 from a sidehill lie. contact was decent, but it came out very low and left of the intended line, leading to a penalty.

second shot was off the tee on a tight driving hole, and hit the best tee shot i've hit on this hole in a long time. mid height tiny little draw that finished 225y, which is very big for me.

third shot was off the tee on an easier driving hole but requires a mid-high draw over trees, and i necked it a little which moved it the wrong direction but still found the fairway 215y.

i think i'll do some practice this weekend and get some launch monitor numbers, because right now it feels like this 19* is going as far as my 3w! different flights, though.

Back