@GavinwithaR1 looking for advice, I use a broomstick putter. I have to adjust every single putt at the end of the round. They all say 2ft. It is on auto. Anything I can do to get putts more accurately tracked?
I think it means that you should use a normal putter. Jk :cool:

Excuse my ignorance on this. So that means no need for a tag on the putter then, or to carry a tag?
Correct. Just click on the watch whenever you use the putter and you’re good to go.

First issue I’ve run into. The course I’m playing this weekend only has the front nine mapped so I emailed customer service so hopefully whenever I play next it will be on there.

So did manual mode today. I forgot a couple times but just went back to where I was approxiamately and marked it. Pretty easy and I'm sure will become second nature in no time.
I haven't gone in to check and edit the round. It was a shotgun start and after 18 I hit back and toggled to the 1st hole. Seemed like it was good as far as I could tell but when I did the sync it came in as 2 seperate rounds. From what I read it should have combined. Any tips on that?

ok soooo here's my question

when putting do you mark the flag when you replace it? and then 2 putts?

if I put a tag I'm guessing I'd see actual putting length/stats

So i havent used the V3 yet, and am installing my tags for the first time......

Problem, my Tank Cruiser putter has the weight in the butt of the grip. What is the work around for this? Is this the purpose for manual putting mode and the pin collect? Therefore eliminating the need of a sensor in the putter?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Go manual! Once you get into the habit of marking your putts it’s seamless.

Glad to see you guys are reading my mind, I was coming in here to ask exactly this. Guess I'm rolling sans putter tag for my first round with the V3 tomorrow 👍

ok soooo here's my question

when putting do you mark the flag when you replace it? and then 2 putts?

if I put a tag I'm guessing I'd see actual putting length/stats
I forget how automatic putting works. For manual, I hit my putt, add my put and do so until I’m in the hole. Then mark the flag once I’m in the hole.

Awesome! Thanks man!
If you really want to use the tag, a lot of people cut the threads off and super glue it to the end of the grip. I personally haven’t done this and went the manual route which took some getting used to, but is now part of the routine.

I forget how automatic putting works. For manual, I hit my putt, add my put and do so until I’m in the hole. Then mark the flag once I’m in the hole.
I wasn’t able to get used to this sequence for some reason (have to mark it before I putt). I think it was because I’d either be too pissed or too excited about how the putt went (mostly pissed) and forget to record the putt 😅

V3 came in today, got it charged up, synced, and took it out for its maiden voyage at my home course. It went very well except for a couple observations....(although one has basically been answered for me. Manual putting looks like the way to go.)

1. My course doesn't have the actual tees listed. Do I just email support with a photo of a scorecard and let them know the tee names? Since it didn't have the tees, it almost seemed like it was guessing the distance from the tee box because some were off by 10-15 yds.

2. Since I didn't know about manual putting, I put the putter tag on another putter and used it, but now that I know about manual putting, the 2-ball Ten is back in the bag for next week.

Now I need to determine how to keep track of my apple watch activity rings while using shot scope. Might just have to double watch while playing :D

My course doesn't have the actual tees listed. Do I just email support with a photo of a scorecard and let them know the tee names? Since it didn't have the tees, it almost seemed like it was guessing the distance from the tee box because some were off by 10-15 yds.
In auto putting mode, I don't know the technology involved in how it senses the putt's location, but when you hole out, as you stand over the hole you use the buttons on the pin collect screen to indicate the number of times you USED the putter, not just the number of putts taken from on the green. If you used the putter from off the green, you include that in the number you select, 1, 2 or 3. If you chipped in or took 4 putts, you use the arrow button bottom right to display a new screen where 0 and 4 are options.

@Jamstar35 Are you referring to the GPS yardages shown on the watch while on the course, or something seen during editing?

In auto putting mode, I don't know the technology involved in how it senses the putt's location

It's the same as all the other clubs with the tag in. Just remember to hold the putter by the head or in your other hand when you move to the next putt or the hole.

V3 came in today, got it charged up, synced, and took it out for its maiden voyage at my home course. It went very well except for a couple observations....(although one has basically been answered for me. Manual putting looks like the way to go.)

1. My course doesn't have the actual tees listed. Do I just email support with a photo of a scorecard and let them know the tee names? Since it didn't have the tees, it almost seemed like it was guessing the distance from the tee box because some were off by 10-15 yds.

2. Since I didn't know about manual putting, I put the putter tag on another putter and used it, but now that I know about manual putting, the 2-ball Ten is back in the bag for next week.

Now I need to determine how to keep track of my apple watch activity rings while using shot scope. Might just have to double watch while playing :D

Welcome to the V3 club @Jamstar35 ! What I’ve done with my Apple Watch, I know it’s not super conventional, but instead of wearing two watches, I just secure it to my belt loop and it still tracks my activity for the round. I don’t even have to start a golf workout either. It tracks my steps, calories, all that. Just an idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played at another course that had multiple 18s yesterday and my watch absolutely refuses to switch between the courses with ease. I eventually got it to work but I have no idea what did it - holding the scroll buttons, tapping them, pressing them, cursing at it or what. Rather annoying.

Also it failed to pin collect a couple holes again too, despite downloading the updated maps.

Just checked out the Course Hub after getting the email about it. Super cool and it looks like I somehow have a course record for driving distance on one hole at a local course! Pretty interesting seeing how others have played the courses I play.

I have been having FOMO with strokes gained recently. Do I make the purchase again?

@Jamstar35 Are you referring to the GPS yardages shown on the watch while on the course, or something seen during editing?

GPS shown while on the course, specifically when I'm on the tee box. It put me 10-15 yds closer than where I was standing. Since I played my home course, I'm pretty familiar with the yardages so I could tell it was off.

Anyone else with Android have to start the app multiple times when trying to connect your watch? After a round, I open the app, hit connect device and the app with either just close or throw a force close message at least 6 times before I can finally connect. I have the latest version of the app, so that's not it.

@GavinwithaR1 any ideas?

Anyone else with Android have to start the app multiple times when trying to connect your watch? After a round, I open the app, hit connect device and the app with either just close or throw a force close message at least 6 times before I can finally connect. I have the latest version of the app, so that's not it.

@GavinwithaR1 any ideas?
That has happened a couple of times for me - but it's not bad. Then again, every app seems to fail at some point. I would say though for me it was never more than once or twice. I think if it happened 6 times I would try to uninstall and reinstall the app?

That has happened a couple of times for me - but it's not bad. Then again, every app seems to fail at some point. I would say though for me it was never more than once or twice. I think if it happened 6 times I would try to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Done that twice. Every round it's at least 6 tries before I can sync the data.

Done that twice. Every round it's at least 6 tries before I can sync the data.
Yuck - sorry. I have only one other thought - is it possible to "reset" the watch? See if that works I wonder if there is a connectivity issue between the watch and the app - if the app isn't the problem then the watch needs to be, right?

You would think but it looks like there's no reset option.

@GavinwithaR1 any ideas?

Going to ask the support team and come back to you.

Back