GPS shown while on the course, specifically when I'm on the tee box. It put me 10-15 yds closer than where I was standing. Since I played my home course, I'm pretty familiar with the yardages so I could tell it was off.

This will be because we measure our GPS as the crow flies (could be a UK saying), so if there is any type of dog-leg then the watch will cut distance off.

We have also discovered all sorted of measurements for courses. Including one where the user kept saying even straight holes that the watch didn't match to the hole measurement. Turned out the course measured distances to the back 3rd of the green to make the course seem longer.

What type of phone model do you have?

Google Pixel 4XL, upgrading in a couple of weeks to the 6. This has only started happening in the last couple of months and I've had the phone for a couple of years.

Done that twice. Every round it's at least 6 tries before I can sync the data.
Ugh, try checking for firmware updates across the devices. Bluetooth is notoriously bad as devices age and software / firmware updates.

Any device that lasts longer than your next phone update is at risk. Things have gotten better over the years, but connectivity is still an issue.

Ugh, try checking for firmware updates across the devices. Bluetooth is notoriously bad as devices age and software / firmware updates.

Any device that lasts longer than your next phone update is at risk. Things have gotten better over the years, but connectivity is still an issue.

Both are as up to date as you can get.

First round with the V3 was yesterday and I really liked it. Haven't used a GPS watch before and it was really nice having the green and major hazard distances right there in front of me rather than fiddling with a laser and/or phone app. And I'm pretty sure it got every full shot without any issue which was cool.

I can't get the putter sensor onto my SuperStroke because it has a counter weight, so I planned to use manual putting mode, but I forgot to turn it on 😬 So I just have number of putts. So just need to make sure I remember to do that next time.

Watch fits really well too, and I honestly forget it's there, which is really good. Overall pleased so far, another round this weekend and I'll remember to turn on the manual this time!!

P.S. Thanks @RealPretendPsychic for the tips on using it!

Both are as up to date as you can get.

Ok, spoke to a few guys. There isn't a known issue per say with Google Pixels but because it is Android can always be a little funny.

Can you remove (forget) the device completely from the phone's Bluetooth and try from the start again.

It can be a bit funky if there is another Shot Scope device is on in the area. Not sure where you are trying to connect the most?

Ok, spoke to a few guys. There isn't a known issue per say with Google Pixels but because it is Android can always be a little funny.

Can you remove (forget) the device completely from the phone's Bluetooth and try from the start again.

It can be a bit funky if there is another Shot Scope device is on in the area. Not sure where you are trying to connect the most?

This is interesting, I have a Pixel 3a and while I haven't had to force close or forget the device, sometimes it takes a couple tries hitting connect for it to catch on. Will be watching this...

@JB are you expecting a v4 to be released soon?

I'll give that a shot and let you know how I get on.

I've also had it refuse to connect before on Android. Sometimes it just takes a couple of tries, other times I had to wait 20-30 mins and try again. Then it connected straight away.

I forgot the device on my Bluetooth and started again. Had to hit the connect device button twice, but it connected without shutting down or crashing.

I usually try connecting it in my car as I'm leaving the course, so another SS in the area is not a concern.

I forgot the device on my Bluetooth and started again. Had to hit the connect device button twice, but it connected without shutting down or crashing.

I usually try connecting it in my car as I'm leaving the course, so another SS in the area is not a concern.
Are you connected to any other Bluetooth devices when you’re having issues connecting? Not necessarily helpful for the crashes, but I don’t think I’ve been able to connect to the V3 while my phone is connected to another Bluetooth device. I think I read in the ShotScope instructions that you can’t be connected to other BT devices, but I’ve read a few BT troubleshooting guides for other devices lately and I could be wrong.

Are you connected to any other Bluetooth devices when you’re having issues connecting? Not necessarily helpful for the crashes, but I don’t think I’ve been able to connect to the V3 while my phone is connected to another Bluetooth device. I think I read in the ShotScope instructions that you can’t be connected to other BT devices, but I’ve read a few BT troubleshooting guides for other devices lately and I could be wrong.

In a word, no.

I may have worded my previous reply to Gavin poorly, but making my phone forget the V3, uninstalling and reinstalling the app and setting it all up again seems to have partially fixed the issue.

Ok so it is working better. Is your phone connected to your car bluetooth during this as well? I know multiple bluetooth connections can be a problem.

Ok so it is working better. Is your phone connected to your car bluetooth during this as well? I know multiple bluetooth connections can be a problem.

Generally no, but I'll make sure that it's a definite no.

Sometimes I will hit a 2nd shot, trying other options, after my original shot.

I assume the V3 will log those. Do I just need to go through afterwards and edit them out?

I assume the V3 will log those. Do I just need to go through afterwards and edit them out?
If taken from basically the same spot, the V3 will assume one of them was a practice swing and record only one shot that is determined when you get to your ball and select your next club.

Best thing to do is pause your round after you've hit your main shot. Then the second one won't be logged.

Long press the top left button.

Just remember to unpause it afterwards.

Today was my first golf with the V3, and I am pleasantly surprised, and somewhat annoyed at the same time.
Shot tracking? Easy enough. Missed the odd shot here or there, missed an entire hole at one point. Not the end of the world.

The data afterwards, like yardages, wonderful.

The biggest issue I had? I miss a lot of greens, usually just by maybe a couple yards maximum. The system switches me over to being on the green, so then I have to add those strokes in afterwards. I really wish there were a prompt like "On the Green?" a yes/no, and that would dicate what mode i would be in. Sometimes I would be center of the green, and the GPS thinks I am still off the green. Walk around for a minute or two, and it would clear up.

I feel like the interface is slightly clunky when adding/editting shots. But that is just my first impressions. It might be my garbage Samsung phone, but I swear I editted for like an hour on my 18 hole round afterwards. Means I really need to keep notes on the scorecard when I am on course for reference later on.

I miss a lot of greens, usually just by maybe a couple yards maximum. The system switches me over to being on the green, so then I have to add those strokes in afterwards.
If you are using the "Auto" putting mode, I know what to do. Even if the Pin Collect screen is showing, and you are off the green, if you are using any other club but the putter, those shots will be recorded properly and no need to add them during editing. There is no need to make sure the yardage screen is showing when you take those shots.

If you are using "Manual" mode, since I don't use it. I'm not sure if those shots with other clubs are picked up or not. I know if one is on the green and the pin collect screen is not showing, you can "force it" by using the menu button and scrolling. Not sure how to get the yardage screen to show in the opposite case when the Pin Collect screen is showing.

If you are using the putter from off the green, in Auto mode, when you hole out and go to mark the location of the hole, push the button corresponding to the number of times you USED the putter, not just the number of times you putted from on the green. The system will account for those putts from off the green and move them into your short game stats. In manual mode, push the top right button each time you use the putter.

Also, I have found it much easier to edit my rounds using the online Dashboard.

Someone convince me why I should pick one of these up instead of using Arccos sensors I already have...go!

Back