Had a great day with these. 100 yards and in is becoming a yardage I’m really enjoying. Edel golf has been a big part of me lowering the cap this year and I seriously can’t wait to see what’s coming.

These wedges are simply incredible. I had a long layoff not playing in around a month. I picked these up and felt like I never put them down. I chipped fantastically and the confidence while doing so is greater than its ever been in my life.

I didn't have my best day in league this week, but these wedges definitely came to play. Other than one duff that was just me being afraid of hitting it long to a tucked ping on a downhill slope (the second chip was to kick in range :banghead:) these performed great. I'm seeing plenty of spin with these. Full shots into greens regularly back up for me. The rare shots that I do hit off the fairway from close in also spin plenty for my needs. I'm also really happy with my grind selection. The mix of the 54V & 58C give me great options for all the lies I usually find around the green, minus the absolutely horrible lies that no club can help with. For the amount I practice, these have been really solid for me out of traps as well. I generally default to the 58C greenside, but will also hit the 54V on longer shots or if the sand up close is super fluffy.

The more I use these the more I am enjoying them. I hit 7 GIR's last night with the 50* and 54*, and I'm starting to convert more of these par opportunities, which has led to some lower scores. I might have to start getting a bit more aggressive as I've left a few greenside chips short recently, it seemed last night like I was getting a lot more spin with the CSXLS as opposed to the RXS/e12 I've been using. The tempo work is definitely paying off when it comes to these clubs, my confidence in those 100 yards and in is growing (except for the stinker I launched over a green last night), and they are just gorgeous to look at. I'm having a lot of fun with these in the bag, and fixing more pitch marks than ever.

The more I use these the more I am enjoying them. I hit 7 GIR's last night with the 50* and 54*, and I'm starting to convert more of these par opportunities, which has led to some lower scores. I might have to start getting a bit more aggressive as I've left a few greenside chips short recently, it seemed last night like I was getting a lot more spin with the CSXLS as opposed to the RXS/e12 I've been using. The tempo work is definitely paying off when it comes to these clubs, my confidence in those 100 yards and in is growing (except for the stinker I launched over a green last night), and they are just gorgeous to look at. I'm having a lot of fun with these in the bag, and fixing more pitch marks than ever.
Man, I wish I played at a course where I could hit 7 GIR with my wedges! I will be bragging about hitting GIR with my Edel 7 and 8 irons

Man, I wish I played at a course where I could hit 7 GIR with my wedges! I will be bragging about hitting GIR with my Edel 7 and 8 irons
Last night we played from our white tees (just over 6000 yards), and I hit some great drives/DI's which really helped. The fairways were pretty dry and I think I was getting some pretty healthy roll-out. Either way I'll take it :ROFLMAO: - having that Ping working for me in the top end of the bag is definitely part of the equation. I'm definitely excited to see if our accuracy improves with iron play.

Been on vacation a lot the last couple weeks but looking forward to getting back out on the course tomorrow with the wedges. Gave them a polish last night and after a dozen rounds and a ton of practice sessions they still look amazing. The stamping looks great and the grooves and milling are showing no wear at all outside of a couple of marks on my 60 from some rocky sand.

I am finally getting these on a launch monitor in about 20 minutes. Want to play with the weights some and get some yardages down. I have been playing with the heavy weight in the toe, but want to check them in the middle

I learned a lot on my trackman session. First of all, I have been working on my swing so I am not sure if that is why I am moving the weight from where I have had it or not.

Without inundating people with too much info, I tried the weight in the heel and it felt awful. The toe is where I had the heavy weight, but I was more consistent on full swings with it in the middle. On the shortest swings, the toe was still good for me. Right now, I have moved the weights in all 3 wedges to the middle and feel that I have 3 confident swings/yardages for each wedge if I put good swings on them. I may move the weight into the toe for the 58 degree at some point: I wasn’t very consistent with that on full swings anyway. If giving the chance, I usually don’t hit “full” with anything more than 50 degrees and I don’t hit less than full on the Cobra clubs often

my 3 swings are “waist/chest/full” and chest is my most consistent swing.

Cobra 9i: 80/105/130
Cobra PW: 70/95/115
50 degrees: 50/80/95
54 degrees: 40/70/80
58 degrees: 35/55/65

I learned a lot on my trackman session. First of all, I have been working on my swing so I am not sure if that is why I am moving the weight from where I have had it or not.

Without inundating people with too much info, I tried the weight in the heel and it felt awful. The toe is where I had the heavy weight, but I was more consistent on full swings with it in the middle. On the shortest swings, the toe was still good for me. Right now, I have moved the weights in all 3 wedges to the middle and feel that I have 3 confident swings/yardages for each wedge if I put good swings on them. I may move the weight into the toe for the 58 degree at some point: I wasn’t very consistent with that on full swings anyway. If giving the chance, I usually don’t hit “full” with anything more than 50 degrees and I don’t hit less than full on the Cobra clubs often

my 3 swings are “waist/chest/full” and chest is my most consistent swing.

Cobra 9i: 80/105/130
Cobra PW: 70/95/115
50 degrees: 50/80/95
54 degrees: 40/70/80
58 degrees: 35/55/65
How was your dispersion with the weights in different spots?

How was your dispersion with the weights in different spots?
Better on full shots in the middle. Really hard to parse through all of the shots since I was trying 3 distances for each. Toe and middle was close on all of them. On full swings, I felt I was working harder to keep them from fading with weight in toe. I tried to find the best position for full swings on each and then hit my partial swings with the weight left there. Heel felt awful to me.

50 = toe and bottom pic
pw = middle 50
1h = heel 50
AF959F0A-ADFA-4B49-B73C-AC984512295B.png
0690AC9F-9F63-4298-A748-51A730EB1284.png
6EA958D0-DE23-4A13-A5FC-8786EF0C2CD5.jpeg

Had another great round with the wedges today. Had to hit two flop shots from about 40 yards out, one off a pretty tight lie and the other out of some very short rough. Used the 60C for both and they were two of the best flops I have ever hit. The C grind is just so easy to hit with the face open off any lie.

Had some really nice pitches and am still consistently hitting the low spinner that lets me pick a spot and stop it within a few feet.

I think the only shot I have struggled with is hitting the 60C with a neutral face off a tight lie on hard turf when I come in a bit fat which is my typical miss. It’s been really forgiving with the face open or off anything soft but I don’t get off the turf well if I’m fat off the hard stuff. It’s designed to pick the ball so it makes sense but I have learned that’s the one way I can’t miss with the C. Otherwise it remains my favorite club in the bag and luckily my T and V grinds get off the turf great if I have a day where I’m missing fat.

Best shot of the day today was a long 55 yard chip with my 56T that set up a tap in birdie on the first hole. I closed down the face to hit a bump and run out of a soft fairway and got the perfect roll up a hill to 6 inches. The T grind is so easy to maneuver and has been so consistent on distance in the short game. Im starting to feel I can nail the pace on any chip with the T and am seeing some strokes drop off my score in the short game.

828E2BD8-2081-4442-815F-0278E120E63F.png

I've been getting out of the sand well with both my 54 and 58 last few rounds.

Left a shot short today in a rather deep bunker. Ball on a slight upslope but only 4 or 5 inches from edge of bunker. 58t made easy work of that. Lay it open slap the sand ball pops up and lands softly about 3 feet for pin. Dealing with a few ball striking issues but the wedges never disappoint.

Had a great round with these today, except for having to call it short due to the lightning horn. Had the weight switched into the centre on the 50/54*. Unsure if spin was any different, partial swings felt pretty good, and hit several really nice feeling chips and pitches, including 3 to tap-in range. I am still feeling the affects of that yardage gap between my set PW and the 50*, so I’m really looking forward to seeing how the SMS irons gap with these. Was playing with a couple of our course Marshall’s today and they were really impressed by how they felt after some test chips. I am in love with the bounce on these things, I’m getting better opportunities at pars, and starting to convert a few more of them!

A couple bad shots today but those were on me. Decel on a chip to leave it short of the green, and one flustered skull. Holed out from a bunker with the 54 to save par which was awesome. I hit some nice high floppy style shots and a couple low chips. I still haven't messed with the weight in a spot other than the heel.

Went ahead and put the weight in the toe in the 58. Hit some chips but the course doesn't have a good chipping practice area. Guess the only way to really test it out will be on the course Saturday. Only issue is I use it a lot for 35y shots, weird I know but I find myself that distance a lot. Not sure how it will perform on those 7:30 clock swing shots.

Love these wedges! Clearly the most consistent clubs in my bag, weight in the center.

I’m finally starting to learn how to effectively utilize the bounce while in the bunker. It’s been revolutionary

The wedges continue to be the lone bright spot in my otherwise bad golf game right now

Where would all of you sms users say you’ve seen the biggest impact in your game?

Full swings, partial, specialty shots, etc.

How has that part of your game been impacted? For example, tighter dispersion or improved contact, spin, etc.

Feeling like wedges may be the first thing I look at replacing in my ancient bag. Seems like they are the clubs I’m usually most effective with and mine are definitely showing their age.

Where would all of you sms users say you’ve seen the biggest impact in your game?

How has that part of your game been impacted? For example, tighter dispersion or improved contact, spin, etc.

Feeling like wedges may be the first thing I look at replacing in my ancient bag. Seems like they are the clubs I’m usually most effective with and mine are definitely showing their age.
They have been better for me on chipping and partial shots. While I still have plenty of bad shots and high scores, it definitely hasn’t been the wedges or putter. I still am not 100% confident on my distances with a full swing, but I rarely use less than a pitching wedge with a full swing. This was a recent round and the first time I have been in the 70’s in a long while E9FB7AF9-099E-4678-AA3C-1D0098CD8B8C.png
7916A7F7-35C1-46DC-9ED0-CD17E4C3AB24.png
9E60CDA6-27C7-4EF8-B54A-DAF1375D873C.png

They have been better for me on chipping and partial shots. While I still have plenty of bad shots and high scores, it definitely hasn’t been the wedges or putter. I still am not 100% confident on my distances with a full swing, but I rarely use less than a pitching wedge with a full swing. This was a recent round and the first time I have been in the 70’s in a long while View attachment 9110894
View attachment 9110895
View attachment 9110896

Thats great info. Love the analysis. Avg of three feet is legit!

I haven’t really been full swinging these but I’d say partial shots/chipping has been the biggest improvement this year after putting these in the bag. I don’t have a huge data set with Shot Scope but I’m pretty happy with these approach numbers.
1D984C7C-97BE-4C5B-9064-541515DFC5DD.png
We have pretty small greens at my home course, so to stick one on and be putting is cause for a bit of an attaboy. When I miss, I have a bunch of newfound confidence in these wedges to try to put it close and still be saving my goal of bogey golf. Hasn’t always worked out that way, but since the Quest Cup and getting these in the bag, my cap has dropped significantly. If your looking at replacing the scoring clubs in your bag, I’d definitely recommend giving these a look!

Back