2022 Scotty Cameron Special Select Jet Set Putters

Blackout has always been my jam. But I’m very happy with my custom blackout Mcraft. And just don’t see the value proposition.

I like the newport plus.. I would be all about that. The kicker is $650 is $50 more than a garaged toulon... But toulon does not have a wide model.. So...

Also, still a Velcro cover I am guessing.
But this price isn’t new at all for a SC limited release, no? I’m always surprised it turns into THE talking point on these releases.

How is it different from any other company creating a variation on something?
If people are willing to pay for it, why not make it?

I just had a great conversation recently about how annoying it is that so many putters are ruined by a line on the flange. The fact that this was done is a value add for me, not a saturation.
agree with this 100%. Shoot, the only way to get at top line on a Toulon blade is to go through the garage I believe and they run at $600....

But this price isn’t new at all for a SC limited release, no? I’m always surprised it turns into THE talking point on these releases.
I swear their limited runs have been 650 or more for a decade.

agree with this 100%. Shoot, the only way to get at top line on a Toulon blade is to go through the garage I believe and they run at $600....
I am familiar.

And then you have to send it off to the butcher to get the proper neck put on it 😄

Those look amazing. I would like to see it in person, pictures are great but I wanna see this one.
As far as price goes, putters in general are expensive, price isn't surprising at all to me.
I like them.

I think it makes sense. In my eyes it’s a ‘status symbol’ putter and status symbols almost by definition are tied to price. I bet I’m not alone thinking that.

Beautiful putters

like the look, but need a flow neck.

No, this is pretty standard. I am not offended by it. I was just mentioning the garage for perspective. Considering standard model scotty's are $499.. This is not much of an ask for something you could reasonably flip for $850-900 if you really wanted to.

How is it different from any other company creating a variation on something?
If people are willing to pay for it, why not make it?
No issue with creating variation or new product. Just seems that the prices rise a lot more than the value.

And if they sell them, good for them.

I like the black out a lot.

I like the newport plus.. I would be all about that. The kicker is $650 is $50 more than a garaged toulon... But toulon does not have a wide model.. So...

Isn't the Chicago a wide model?

Absolutely gorgeous putters. Sadly the last time I changed to a Scotty putter my putting went from poor to atrocious.

The Cameron is a lot more likely to hold its value compared to the Toulon Garage stuff.

Like the looks of the heads but I am not a plumbers neck fan. Plus, I am fully engaged in the mallet. I was honestly expecting to see a little higher price when I reached the end of the article.

Very nice article @Jman, I always enjoy your writing on putters. I am not really a Scotty guy, but these do look sexy. I like the top line options, and honestly I don't know which one of the line I like best... standard or plus, Newport or Newport 2.

I am slightly conflicted on the aluminum sole weights on the Plus... I understand they keep head weight in range, and effectively allow for the 304SS to be positioned where it helps. However, it seems counterintuitive to remove weight low and at the heel + toe... and I wonder of the MOI is substantially different on the Plus. If overall weight is same, I could see MOI being similar, and wide blade just offers a different look.

That grip has an old school vibe to it and I like it.

Very nice article @Jman, I always enjoy your writing on putters. I am not really a Scotty guy, but these do look sexy. I like the top line options, and honestly I don't know which one of the line I like best... standard or plus, Newport or Newport 2.

I am slightly conflicted on the aluminum sole weights on the Plus... I understand they keep head weight in range, and effectively allow for the 304SS to be positioned where it helps. However, it seems counterintuitive to remove weight low and at the heel + toe... and I wonder of the MOI is substantially different on the Plus. If overall weight is same, I could see MOI being similar, and wide blade just offers a different look.

That grip has an old school vibe to it and I like it.
I wondered this exact thing as I was reading the info they sent over. Could there be a better place for weight removal

I wondered this exact thing as I was reading the info they sent over. Could there be a better place for weight removal

Loosely speaking (and I don't pretend to know the "right" answer...), a multi-material body frees up even more possibilities to amplify weight placement. Just pondering. I think Scotty is after that one-piece milled putter category here (no insert) and that's OK.

I mean - it looks sick. I'd love to try one and not have to just hopefully beat the craze of buying them all

These would look great in other people's bags :p Great looking putters. Steep price but I get it.

Why are people shocked at the price?

Limited Scotty putters have always been in the 650 range.
I’m actually shocked it’s that low. I was expecting $800.

that said, the line on the top line 💯

the plus models? 💯

blacked out color scheme? 💯

I’m actually shocked it’s that low. I was expecting $800.

that said, the line on the top line 💯

the plus models? 💯

blacked out color scheme? 💯
It's interesting how many boxes they managed to check off a typical release.

Interesting shape, an alignment aid change to a familiar model, the finish... It's pretty well done.

Back