What is going through your mind when you are playing your very best golf?

Almost nothing at all. See the line, hit the line. Doesn't happen often but when it does it's bliss.

Nothing. When I start thinking is when everything goes downhill

Almost nothing.

I'm just having fun when that happens. I feel mellow, and just enjoying it all. I try not to think too much about how the golf is going, for fear I'll start thinking too much about it and mess up. LOL

I cant wait to hit the next shot or play my next round

Fairways and greens. I try to concentrate on limiting my backswing (not getting too long) and swinging smoothly with a good transition.

The focus is on high. Very kittle distracts or disturbs me. The shot I’m trying to hit is mostly all that matters and mechanics ride shotgun. I’m well aware mistakes happen and they will and I’m ready for them.

nothing

Nothing , just focus on routine

Never happened. I don't play my very best golf.

I'm just enjoying the moment. Knowing that I have this potential. Makes me want to play that way consistently.

When work is issue free and everyone at home is happy, then my mind is free of clutter. That, plus not rushing. Basically just even keel in the brain for me.

Imagining every shot and getting pretty close to that as the result. Other than that, nothing. Zero swing thoughts when playing my best.
Yup!! Exactly! Relax, and keep the mind clear..At set up though, I have to remember to relax my shoulders. Too much tension will screw up my swing..

Normally when I think back at my great rounds, its like I am almost so focused the shot at hand that nothing else matters. I still have swing thoughts, yet they are all focused on that one shot. The round turns into a bit of a blur overall. Typing it out makes it sound like I should be able to do it all the time, but it doesn't happen.

Also thinking that I can make just about every putt I look at that day.......
When I'm playing my absolute best, no offense to anyone, but it's like they're not even there. They're just part of the blur. I'm in the shots. Seeing all the lines, commanding all the feels. The world outside that gets real quiet.

Honestly....

Absolutely nothing other than a mental picture of what I want the ball flight to look like!

Just enjoying it and taking it 1 shot at a time. As soon as I focus on how good I'm doing, I'm not focusing on what's in front of me.... the next shot!

I played as well as I can play this evening. It was backed up slow. Mind was calm and always in the present moment. Over shots I focused on setup and then was more about visualizing the shot than anything swing. I had fun playing.

Effortlessly visualizing target and ball flight. Confidence through the roof. No swing thoughts to eff things up. Wish it was easy to bottle but it's fleeting.

Strategy and ball placement as to where I wanna play shots. When playing well and sensing it as if I'm, "in the zone," I mostly turn off my brain and enjoy the ride.

A assuredness that nothing is beyond you that day , you see the shot and take the shot it lands and you score … l had no thoughts just set up and swing . Just belief in where l aimed ( l know my distances per club ) the ball would be …. And built the round to 83 , and yet l looked back and reckon
l gave up 6-7 shots also , could have been insanely good lol

Quite a bit actually. I'm finding good targets in the distance, intermediate and right in front of the ball. I'm clearly seeing and feeling what kind of shot I want to play and what club to hit. when playing the shot...Grip...aim, clubface aligned with targets, body to clubface, setup comfortable...balanced..hover the clubhead....complete backswing....Go

It might sound complicated but it flows for me(usually)

Played my best round in many years a little while back. In my mind, it seemed like any other day, I just didn't make many mistakes

1. Make sure I’m enjoying this feeling.
2. If possible, try to identify key “feels” that are producing great results and put them in the memory bank for future.

Back