Let’s talk more about how impressive the LTDx Driver has been. In the interest of full disclosure, this is the 1st Cobra driver that I have played, and I’m wondering if I’ve been missing out.

I’ve been toying with two different builds, standard length & tour length build (both at +1°).

Best Shot (Standard Length):

DC9CD3F5-51CA-4987-8159-00CC8C086B67.jpeg
Best Shot (Tour Length):
A1069B68-C3B1-42E9-B8F9-0B41655517D0.jpeg
This small distance gap consistent with what I’m seeing between the two builds. The Standard length is longer, but not as FIR friendly as the Tour length build. The Tour length is about 7-8 yards shorter on average. This decision on which build to carry at the Morgan Cup will go right up until the 1st tee.

for those that tried out the rogue line (specifically, the Max LS), did you try the same shaft pairings with the LTDX (LS, in my case)? how similar/different did that turn out?

I would have to look back at some notes, but I feel like when I was testing drivers this past winter, there may not have been a lot of overlap in the stock offerings from the fitting cart. Maybe Tensei white, but I didn't end of caring for that one much. In general though, I don't hesitate to use a shaft I like in different heads.

Any suggestions for a shaft to LTDx?

I've been playing a F6+ with Matrix 65M4 Black Tie for years. Now that I broke it, I'm looking at getting the unicorn to replace it. With the F6+ my most frequent miss was a straight shot to the right side and it usually happened if I wasn't swinging calmly enough, putting too much effort into the shot. On a good shot (set up at 11.5°) I did about 250 yds, avg 240.

I can get the LTDx with:
HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60,
Fujikura Motore S6 F1 or
Tensei AV Series White 65.

The nearest fitter is about 100km away, so would prefer to take the risk and order online.

So, any thoughts?

Of those, I liked the im10 60 the best. It flows better than the Tensei. I had a Motore last year in a Mizuno 3w and never quite gelled with it. The Tensei is pretty stiff for what it is and likes to be loaded hard. Unless you are a particularly aggressive tempo/transition, Smoke iM10 is a good all around bet. Just my 0.02

I would have to look back at some notes, but I feel like when I was testing drivers this past winter, there may not have been a lot of overlap in the stock offerings from the fitting cart. Maybe Tensei white, but I didn't end of caring for that one much. In general though, I don't hesitate to use a shaft I like in different heads.

I didn't mind the imx10 but love my adhd5 so before I re-tip, I just wanted to see what everyone was seeing... Thank you

Am I correct in assuming the shaft adapter is the same as the radspeed?

Let’s talk more about how impressive the LTDx Driver has been. In the interest of full disclosure, this is the 1st Cobra driver that I have played, and I’m wondering if I’ve been missing out.

I’ve been toying with two different builds, standard length & tour length build (both at +1°).

Best Shot (Standard Length):

View attachment 9111393
Best Shot (Tour Length):
View attachment 9111421
This small distance gap consistent with what I’m seeing between the two builds. The Standard length is longer, but not as FIR friendly as the Tour length build. The Tour length is about 7-8 yards shorter on average. This decision on which build to carry at the Morgan Cup will go right up until the 1st tee.
How has your dispersion been with them?

Of those, I liked the im10 60 the best. It flows better than the Tensei. I had a Motore last year in a Mizuno 3w and never quite gelled with it. The Tensei is pretty stiff for what it is and likes to be loaded hard. Unless you are a particularly aggressive tempo/transition, Smoke iM10 is a good all around bet. Just my 0.02
The iM10 has been a great shaft for me. Something about it just works extremely well with this head.

How has your dispersion been with them?
With the shorter build the dispersion has been better, hence the dilemma of which one to play.

The weight in the back that I use depends on the build, shorter gets the 14g weight like prescribed & the standard build gets the 10g weight.

With the shorter build the dispersion has been better, hence the dilemma of which one to play.

The weight in the back that I use depends on the build, shorter gets the 14g weight like prescribed & the standard build gets the 10g weight.
I just had an extra shaft cut down an inch to try. I hadn’t thought about the weight difference.

My scoring is better from the short grass. Sounds like Tour length could produce some gainz 💪

I just had an extra shaft cut down an inch to try. I hadn’t thought about the weight difference.
If you order the tour length version it comes with a 14g weight in the head, the standard version comes with a 10g weight.

Any suggestions for a shaft to LTDx?

I've been playing a F6+ with Matrix 65M4 Black Tie for years. Now that I broke it, I'm looking at getting the unicorn to replace it. With the F6+ my most frequent miss was a straight shot to the right side and it usually happened if I wasn't swinging calmly enough, putting too much effort into the shot. On a good shot (set up at 11.5°) I did about 250 yds, avg 240.

I can get the LTDx with:
HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60,
Fujikura Motore S6 F1 or
Tensei AV Series White 65.

The nearest fitter is about 100km away, so would prefer to take the risk and order online.

So, any thoughts?
Of those 3 I’d suggest the Tensei white, then the F1 and the iM last.

As my body has started to hate swinging the monster lately, I've been missing my shortie LS. Not sure I should have got rid of that. :unsure:

Hit my LS really well in a little 9 hole work scramble tonight. After few weeks of struggling with a big right miss my swing feels a little more put together as of late. I know the LTDx is the unicorn, but I’m getting plenty of forgiveness from the LS when my swing is halfway decent.

My scoring is better from the short grass. Sounds like Tour length could produce some gainz 💪
I actualyl tried tour length a couple of years ago, and really just didn't gel with it for some reason. In theory it should have been just as long but more consistent, but I struggled badly with it and then moving back up to full length worked wonders. Have always thought I should maybe give it another go now my driving is a lot more consistent.

Took the LS out for another round last night, and sad to say that around hole 4 I developed a severe case of the big ballooning slices that came out of nowhere! Took almost the rest of the round before I actually calmed down and started swinging properly again, but this driver is still the longest I have hit yet and when the swing is right is surprisingly forgiving. Looks great, feels great and sounds great. What's not to love! Have to keep reminding myself not to try and absolutely kill it though, that's when bad things happen and the face stays open.

Took the LS out for another round last night, and sad to say that around hole 4 I developed a severe case of the big ballooning slices that came out of nowhere! Took almost the rest of the round before I actually calmed down and started swinging properly again, but this driver is still the longest I have hit yet and when the swing is right is surprisingly forgiving. Looks great, feels great and sounds great. What's not to love! Have to keep reminding myself not to try and absolutely kill it though, that's when bad things happen and the face stays open.
If you're not swinging as hard as you can what are you even doing? ;)

The iM10 has been a great shaft for me. Something about it just works extremely well with this head.
Of those 3 I’d suggest the Tensei white, then the F1 and the iM last.

Thanks for the inputs. I was looking at some previous launch monitor data, read a ton of reviews and since I don't have an aggressive swing, I went ahead and ordered one with the iM10 60. Should be here tomorrow and hopefully I'll get to try it during the weekend.

Thanks for the inputs. I was looking at some previous launch monitor data, read a ton of reviews and since I don't have an aggressive swing, I went ahead and ordered one with the iM10 60. Should be here tomorrow and hopefully I'll get to try it during the weekend.
Thats great, lots of guys like that shaft, it just didn't work well at all for me. Make sure to let us know how it works out!

Thats great, lots of guys like that shaft, it just didn't work well at all for me. Make sure to let us know how it works out!
Will do for sure. I love the LTDx irons, gave me a ton of consistency even on the first round I used them. So looking forward to this one as well. Then I'll need to get the FW and hybrid and...

Have fun with your new LTDx! It’s an awesome driver. I hope our advice wasn’t too far off on shafts.

And,

:welcome:

Hit my LS really well in a little 9 hole work scramble tonight. After few weeks of struggling with a big right miss my swing feels a little more put together as of late. I know the LTDx is the unicorn, but I’m getting plenty of forgiveness from the LS when my swing is halfway decent.

The LS is way more forgiving that people may think. Dunno how they did it, but to me its the real unicorn

I did have a brief period of time where i started to hit a big push cut with it and you gotta be careful with this thing because it subtly sets up very open even at a neutral setting. Once i realized i this, i got out of it and back to bombing it!

Back