The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

There was a post a few pages back about golf immortality... In my mind, I don't wanna be immortal. I wanna be rich.

I wonder why they haven’t targeted any of the Korean guys. Seems like Sungjae, Tom Kim, and Si Woo would be good gets.

something money cant buy..... exemption from mandatory military service.. winning a major exempts them.

that’s kind of what I’m implying. All of the majors could easily just create new rules to exclude LIV golf players with lifetime exemptions or 5 year exemptions. The masters and PGA don’t need any rules changes as they can just invite or not invite whoever they please.

I just don't understand how it benefits the majors to exclude any of the best golfers in the world especially ones that have qualified for the tournaments based on their play.

I get people may not like where the money is coming from but you, but golf is worse without the LIV golf players. The Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup will not be anywhere near as entertaining.

And does winning a major have the same significance if you know that some of the best golfers in the world were not allowed to compete?

I hope Cam Smith wins the Tour Championship then says…

I hope Cam Smith wins the Tour Championship then says…

I want this to happen as well, so the pgatour can finally contract their talent out and LIV golf will have to cultivate its own talent. They won't be able to ride on the back of the Tours popularity.

I want this to happen as well, so the pgatour can finally contract their talent out and LIV golf will have to cultivate its own talent. They won't be able to ride on the back of the Tours popularity.
The tour will not contract the golfers. I doubt it will, the tax bill would be prohibitive.

The tour will not contract the golfers. I doubt it will, the tax bill would be prohibitive.
I think that they'll be able to do it and still keep their tax status.
This is the only move the tour has to stop the poaching. IMO

I think that they'll be able to do it and still keep their tax status.
This is the only move the tour has to stop the poaching. IMO
I'm not a corporate attorney. I dunno.

It's fun that the anti-trust suit is going forward because players think the PGA Tour is a monopoly but LIV is handing out $400m to one guy.

Looking at this from a strictly golf point of view, I hope that LIV continues to evolve, improve their presentation and format, and get more and more of the big name players to move over

If the PGA Tour can't adapt to new competition, then I have no issues if they fold or become classed as a second tier tour, but I would hope that the majors allow players to qualify/play regardless of which tour they play their golf on, otherwise they can't be considered the pinnacle of the sport
If people want to complain that losing the current top name players makes the PGA Tour less, that will always be a cycle as the older players relinquish the reins to newer players, and maybe this migration to LIV will allow someone to shine sooner than maybe expected

I still believe that a lot of people are afraid of change, which is a sorry way to think in my opinion, and for golf, this is the probably the biggest change for a long time

I just don't understand how it benefits the majors to exclude any of the best golfers in the world especially ones that have qualified for the tournaments based on their play.

I get people may not like where the money is coming from but you, but golf is worse without the LIV golf players. The Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup will not be anywhere near as entertaining.

And does winning a major have the same significance if you know that some of the best golfers in the world were not allowed to compete?
As with any golf tournament, you can only play against the players that's there.
The Prez Cup, Ryder Cup and any of the Majors will be just fine without LIV or any pgatour players.

Looking at this from a strictly golf point of view, I hope that LIV continues to evolve, improve their presentation and format, and get more and more of the big name players to move over

If the PGA Tour can't adapt to new competition, then I have no issues if they fold or become classed as a second tier tour, but I would hope that the majors allow players to qualify/play regardless of which tour they play their golf on, otherwise they can't be considered the pinnacle of the sport
If people want to complain that losing the current top name players makes the PGA Tour less, that will always be a cycle as the older players relinquish the reins to newer players, and maybe this migration to LIV will allow someone to shine sooner than maybe expected

I still believe that a lot of people are afraid of change, which is a sorry way to think in my opinion, and for golf, this is the probably the biggest change for a long time
The fans could end up with some pretty sweet PGA vs LIV rivalry playing out at the Majors if it all works out. If not, well...

What if LIV becomes the pinnacle and the majors stop being that?

What if LIV becomes the pinnacle and the majors stop being that?
Even if LIV becomes the main Tour, I still don't believe it could be called the pinnacle - the Majors should give anyone the chance to qualify, no matter which Tour where they play their golf

Just because someone doesn't play on the so-called biggest Tour in the world (whatever that may be), doesn't mean they aren't one of the best in the world, and the Majors should give every golfer that chance to prove it

Thats the whole Srixon team :ROFLMAO:
They haven't taken JB yet. That would actually improve the Tour though, they won't do that 😂

They haven't taken JB yet. That would actually improve the Tour though, they won't do that 😂
Lowry also I guess but man Srixon is getting thing on the PGA

Even if LIV becomes the main Tour, I still don't believe it could be called the pinnacle - the Majors should give anyone the chance to qualify, no matter which Tour where they play their golf

Just because someone doesn't play on the so-called biggest Tour in the world (whatever that may be), doesn't mean they aren't one of the best in the world, and the Majors should give every golfer that chance to prove it
And the PGA Championship might needs some tweaking. If the PGA of America grants LIV golfers Class A status, game changer. I doubt that will happen though.

As with any golf tournament, you can only play against the players that's there.
The Prez Cup, Ryder Cup and any of the Majors will be just fine without LIV or any pgatour players.
It will be fine but not as good. It was better as Americas best vs Europe or the rest of the world best. It will no longer be that way and golf is the loser. I fail to understand why this is a difficult concept.

It will be fine but not as good. It was better as Americas best vs Europe or the rest of the world best. It will no longer be that way and golf is the loser. I fail to understand why this is a difficult concept.

Same concept of having two tours that splits the fields. Its fine but not as good.

Then we'll give LIV a golf clap for wiping out 150 years of history and making Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus records irrelevant. Well done LIV.
The PGA Tour started in 1968.
If you want to tie it back earlier you can to 1929, but in 1968, Nicklaus and Palmer broke away from the PGA to start the tour over wanting more money (among other reasons).

People have a difference of opinion. Why is that such a difficult concept?

Courts will encourage and/or instruct parties to talk in an attempt to reach a settlement. I wonder if there has been any settlement discussions between the PGA and the LIV and if there is any possibility they could work this out short of a Court or jury deciding.

Back