The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Courts will encourage and/or instruct parties to talk in an attempt to reach a settlement. I wonder if there has been any settlement discussions between the PGA and the LIV and if there is any possibility they could work this out short of a Court or jury deciding.
At risk of being branded a skimmer, I don't remember seeing any updates on Carlos Ortiz since he dropped out of the lawsuit. Have there been any explanations as to why he dropped out? The only thing I can think of is that maybe he was able to cut a deal with the Tour.

At risk of being branded a skimmer, I don't remember seeing any updates on Carlos Ortiz since he dropped out of the lawsuit. Have there been any explanations as to why he dropped out? The only thing I can think of is that maybe he was able to cut a deal with the Tour.
Or he got counsel that the LIV players were going to lose so he saved himself some legal fees

I would lean more towards some of the players just don't care. Many of them didn't join the suit. Bagging the massive $$ deal and playing the 14 events probably isn't a bad thing for many.....

I would lean more towards some of the players just don't care. Many of them didn't join the suit. Bagging the massive $$ deal and playing the 14 events probably isn't a bad thing for many.....
And considering Ortiz has made more money in his 2 LIV events than he has in his 28 starts on the PGAT, why mess up a good thing as he is still suspended from the PGAT.

But he joined the suit initially. Am I misremembering that I thought LIV was covering the legal fees? I don't know what any of them have to lose by staying in if they aren't paying for it personally.

But he joined the suit initially. Am I misremembering that I thought LIV was covering the legal fees? I don't know what any of them have to lose by staying in if they aren't paying for it personally.
There are a lot of reasons one could drop from a suit (or be asked to withdraw by the legal team) that we'd have no clue about here.

Scottie has passive aggressive issues.

There are a lot of reasons one could drop from a suit (or be asked to withdraw by the legal team) that we'd have no clue about here.
That's why I was wondering if there had been any news as to the reason. A deal with the Tour made the most sense to me, but obviously I have no information on it.

Perhaps I am missing something. We will continue to play golf despite the LIV/PGAT spat. Golf will still be on TV, young people who aspire to play professionally will continue to do so. As far as who can play where...this has no affect on me, it only affects those who decide where they are going to play. Sure, some PGAT players don't think it's right for LIV players to also have access to the PGAT, again so what? All this gloom and doom about how bad this if for golf...I just don't see it.

Does the whole "being a Richard" thing walking in front of your opponent on their line align well with the whole "we are all about traditions" thing? Asking for a friend......

Just another childlike action. He wasn’t the first member of that organization to act like this.

Stuff like that move from Scheffler was expected, I'm sure Cam is enduring more than we know about from the others, cold shoulders, maybe even some words, it takes some balls to walk into these playoffs with $100 million on your ATM slip while some other guys are fighting for a few bucks to get by, go buy your new fishing yacht Cam, the PGA is not your tour anymore.

I bet this is just the beginning, if he continues to play and it seems he is, there could be an ugly altercation, and I hope I'm wrong, despite my disdain for this thing I do not want to see anything bad happening to anyone. Even this move by Scottie makes me cringe a bit, Cam is a good dude who wants to get paid, I understand that and can't blame him, but just go, playing in this event and then bolting is just bad form.

but just go, playing in this event and then bolting is just bad form.

I disagree. He earned it, and he can finish out the year, then move on if he wants. Acting like a petulant child reflects poorly upon the player, and highlights how ridiculous the good vs bad arguments really are.

If the other PGA players didn't want Cam in the FedEx cup, maybe they shouldn't have let him get there. But they did, so STFU and play your game.

Cam is a good dude who wants to get paid, I understand that and can't blame him, but just go, playing in this event and then bolting is just bad form.

A good dude who had one hell of a season. He's earned every shot he takes over the next few weeks. Sure $18MM may not be a lot compared to $100MM+ (if to be believed) but this is THE season you finish if you're Smith.

Stuff like that move from Scheffler was expected, I'm sure Cam is enduring more than we know about from the others, cold shoulders, maybe even some words, it takes some balls to walk into these playoffs with $100 million on your ATM slip while some other guys are fighting for a few bucks to get by, go buy your new fishing yacht Cam, the PGA is not your tour anymore.

I bet this is just the beginning, if he continues to play and it seems he is, there could be an ugly altercation, and I hope I'm wrong, despite my disdain for this thing I do not want to see anything bad happening to anyone. Even this move by Scottie makes me cringe a bit, Cam is a good dude who wants to get paid, I understand that and can't blame him, but just go, playing in this event and then bolting is just bad form.

The PGA is still his tour until he plays a shot for LIV golf and is suspended by the PGA Tour.

I disagree. He earned it, and he can finish out the year, then move on if he wants. Acting like a petulant child reflects poorly upon the player, and highlights how ridiculous the good vs bad arguments really are.

If the other PGA players didn't want Cam in the FedEx cup, maybe they shouldn't have let him get there. But they did, so STFU and play your game.
If you are going act like richard then play better. Smith is clocking him by 5 at the moment.

A good dude who had one hell of a season. He's earned every shot he takes over the next few weeks. Sure $18MM may not be a lot compared to $100MM+ (if to be believed) but this is THE season you finish if you're Smith.
You don't think LIV is offering a bonus of sorts if he can come over as the FedEx Cup champ and world #1????

I get it and agree Cam should play. But I don't fault the players for being upset though. If I had a co-worker who I know landed a new job with a competitor and received a massive pay increase, trying to steal a few final sales from me I wouldn't be happy either.

Why should it be expected, at least not from Scheffler. I posted previously the Scheffler might do things at the tee box but deliberately walking on his line is just crass. Cam earned his place in the playoffs, maybe the PGA tour players are the ones brainwashed. It's all about the money, if the tour players want to stay in their little pond they should not be butt hurt and jealous. Guess they can't help themselves.

Why should it be expected, at least not from Scheffler. I posted previously the Scheffler might do things at the tee box but deliberately walking on his line is just crass. Cam earned his place in the playoffs, maybe the PGA tour players are the ones brainwashed. It's all about the money, if the tour players want to stay in their little pond they should not be butt hurt and jealous. Guess they can't help themselves.

Well karma will always have the last say.

Looks like the torches for the Scheffler mob have been lit :LOL:

You don't think LIV is offering a bonus of sorts if he can come over as the FedEx Cup champ and world #1????
I don't think I have an opinion on that, to be honest. I'm saying he's had a great season. Why not try to cap it off with a FEC win to go down as one the best seasons ever.

I get it and agree Cam should play. But I don't fault the players for being upset though. If I had a co-worker who I know landed a new job with a competitor and received a massive pay increase, trying to steal a few final sales from me I wouldn't be happy either.

Can you fault them for an intentional breach of etiquette directed at another? If so, I would love to hear your reasoning. These are members of an organization so overly concerned with legacy, reputation, and doing the right thing. Maybe to you, an intentional breach of etiquette is doing the right thing.

Back