What is where you live known for?

pumbaa

Need more golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As the title states what is where you live known for?

Charlotte is known for banking mostly since every major bank is located here and multiple have HQ here. Charlotte also is the home of Lowe's Home Improvement, Duke Energy, and some other major F500 companies. Nascar is huge here with a track, and almost every major team here, also Bojangles is from here. There are others but that is a start.

Waltham Watch Company

Fun fact - my company renovated their old mill building into offices and apartments. We replaced almost 6,000 windows in the complex. The building was built with narrow 25'-0" wide corridors and tall windows on each side to get natural light into all the watch maker work stations.

The town that I live in isn’t famous for anything but the county I live in is probably best known for the horse racing (Saratoga).

Cactus and Mexican food. Oh, and Linda Ronstadt.

Warner Robins has had a Ms. America, hosts the Little League World Series southeastern regionals, home of Jake Fromm, lots of state champion high school football teams and most importantly it is the home of Ron Simmons, professional wrestler (world heavy weight champion).

This town and the little country one I grew up in aren't known for anything famous

1. The invention of the telephone by Alexander Graham Bell
2. The birthplace of Wayne Gretzky

Dry heat

According to this website, it’s people who can’t merge onto the highway and obnoxious college football fans :LOL:

I've not been living here to long but ones the spring to mind are Dawson's Creek or USS North Carolina which has a fantastic history. Wilmington has an amazing history. Oh, and not forgetting @J.B. Cobb III and @Blame Me :ROFLMAO:

If the question was about where I was born (Sunderland, UK) then I could fill a page ;)

NASA

Heat, and boating/watersports.

[edit:] Oh, and the London Bridge. I guess that's probably our biggest claim to fame, which doesn't amount to much. :ROFLMAO: The movies Piranha 3D and Hot Water were both filmed here also. I'm not sure if they even qualify as B-movies, what's the next level down???

Last edited:
We are known for the Rocky Mountains, oil fields, cattle, and having a series of “big” things in small towns.
A17E65A5-8560-446C-A0B3-B586F4B16F4D.jpeg

Dartmouth College
Skiing
Covered Bridges
Maple Syrup
Mikaela Shiffrin
Hannah Kearney

Back