EXPERIENCE The 2022 Victory Cup with Mizuno

Aright - I'm back. Currently in Pensacola trying to get used to the humidity and doing some altitude training for September.

Hole 12 - 332 yard par 4. The 12th hole was redesigned before the 2017 tournament into a risk/reward, driveable par-4. Players stepping on the tee at the 12th have the option to try and drive the green at the 302-yard hole, but that option isn’t without its perils. A water hazard guards the left side of the green, collecting wayward drives, and several pot bunkers and difficult terrain protects the right side. A large fairway bunker stretches the length of the left side of the fairway and forces an accurate shot off the tee for those that do not attempt to drive the green. Fifty yards of fairway and closely-mowed area rests between the end of the fairway bunker and the green, but the terrain slopes severely from right to left, towards the water. The green has several tiers, and slopes dramatically toward the water, penalizing wayward drives and approaches.

1660155413397.png1660155435499.png
1660155471760.png

Hole 13 - 156 yard Par 3. A water hazard protects this picturesque par 3 all the way down the left side. Players must clear or maneuver around the water hazard when the pin placements are to the left. The green has three separate tiers. The highest is the right front quarter. The right rear quarter is just slightly lower and slopes away from the tee. The entire left side of the green slopes drastically toward the water. The green also is protected by two small and deep maintained bunkers. Spectators can get a great view from all the mounded areas on this medium length par 3. Short to middle irons will be the choice of the majority of players.

1660155572416.png1660155591764.png
1660155616985.png

Driver to the middle or right center of the fairway. That'll leave in the neighborhood of 290-300 in so I'm hitting a 5I or 4H, depending on wind, to hopefully set up no more than a 58* into the green.

3W to leave a PW or GW to the green.

I love that you're doing this, @jmix18. It's a lot of fun and gives us some perspective for when y'all play the course
Thanks man. Been fun looking into the course and mentally planning out how I'll play each hole. However, when it goes down I'll be as excited and probbably forget everthing - just as I did in high school when I got to dance with the hottest girl in the school... I forgot how to function, and when she said thanks... I just answered with a drool and a nod. (didn't help she was wearing the "Fresh baked bun" Subway t-shirt as well.. )

Aright - I'm back. Currently in Pensacola trying to get used to the humidity and doing some altitude training for September.

Hole 12 - 332 yard par 4. The 12th hole was redesigned before the 2017 tournament into a risk/reward, driveable par-4. Players stepping on the tee at the 12th have the option to try and drive the green at the 302-yard hole, but that option isn’t without its perils. A water hazard guards the left side of the green, collecting wayward drives, and several pot bunkers and difficult terrain protects the right side. A large fairway bunker stretches the length of the left side of the fairway and forces an accurate shot off the tee for those that do not attempt to drive the green. Fifty yards of fairway and closely-mowed area rests between the end of the fairway bunker and the green, but the terrain slopes severely from right to left, towards the water. The green has several tiers, and slopes dramatically toward the water, penalizing wayward drives and approaches.

View attachment 9111365View attachment 9111366
View attachment 9111367

fairway wood with a small draw, probably a gw or sw in for a birdie chance

View attachment 9111367
5W/4H right center. 58* to the middle of the green.

Hole 13 - 156 yard Par 3. A water hazard protects this picturesque par 3 all the way down the left side. Players must clear or maneuver around the water hazard when the pin placements are to the left. The green has three separate tiers. The highest is the right front quarter. The right rear quarter is just slightly lower and slopes away from the tee. The entire left side of the green slopes drastically toward the water. The green also is protected by two small and deep maintained bunkers. Spectators can get a great view from all the mounded areas on this medium length par 3. Short to middle irons will be the choice of the majority of players.

View attachment 9111368View attachment 9111369
View attachment 9111370

thinking a full 8i at the palms right on the right side, or maybe a faded 7i starting at the middle of the green and working toward the right side

View attachment 9111370
If the pin is on the front, probably 9. Otherwise, easy 8.

oh, that picture looks a lot scarier than the drawing. Probably still a full send.

View attachment 9111370

I'm going to overthink this one and try to cut a 7i in there. so much can go wrong with that shot. :LOL:

View attachment 9111367
4W to the target landing area which should hopefully leave a 54 into the green.

View attachment 9111370
9 iron right on the green :)

View attachment 9111367

I'm trusting the cut again, aim at the bunker and let it rip. Should give me a wedge in.

View attachment 9111370

7 iron right to the middle or pull the hell out of it into the water...either could happen.

Hole 14 - 436 yard par 4. Traditionally, this hole has been one of the toughest to play. The narrow two-tiered driving area is paralleled down the left side by a narrow fairway bunker and a lateral water hazard. The right side is overshadowed by large, deep grass bunkers located within a very large mound. Between the driving area and the green is a vast bunker. The green is very large with severe undulations and long slopes. A maintained bunker protects the front left side of the green and a few other maintained bunkers hide among very large grass bunkers to the right and the rear of the green. A driver from the tee and a long to middle iron are the club selections on this treacherous hole.

1660226010905.png1660226030849.png
1660226071768.png

Hole 14 - 436 yard par 4. Traditionally, this hole has been one of the toughest to play. The narrow two-tiered driving area is paralleled down the left side by a narrow fairway bunker and a lateral water hazard. The right side is overshadowed by large, deep grass bunkers located within a very large mound. Between the driving area and the green is a vast bunker. The green is very large with severe undulations and long slopes. A maintained bunker protects the front left side of the green and a few other maintained bunkers hide among very large grass bunkers to the right and the rear of the green. A driver from the tee and a long to middle iron are the club selections on this treacherous hole.

View attachment 9111643View attachment 9111644
View attachment 9111645

i want my mommy

You know what I'm doing.

Just beautiful after beautiful hole.

View attachment 9111643View attachment 9111644
View attachment 9111645

If things continue to go as they have... I'm probably setting up for a cut in which I'll hit a strat pull to the left.

But - I'd be working to hit a cut and have it come back in. A right-side setup seems to be the play here.

Lesson today was pretty eye opening. Quite a few things I'm going to change. Will be putting in some serious work on my game over the next month.

Lesson today was pretty eye opening. Quite a few things I'm going to change. Will be putting in some serious work on my game over the next month.
Gotta be an extremely confident guy to undergo some swing changes a little over a month out.

Gotta be an extremely confident guy to undergo some swing changes a little over a month out.

We shall find out next month if it was the right decision haha. Scared money don't make money

We shall find out next month if it was the right decision haha. Scared money don't make money

crazy to think it’s so close!

I really have to stop overthinking and stick to my fitting...kind of.

I really have to stop overthinking and stick to my fitting...kind of.
Or….. you could be like me and not yet have a fitting so change your mind multiple times a day and obsess about getting it perfectly right without having fomo about the various other decisions I could make!!

Today’s thought is blended set.

#12 is a pretty easy hole…for those wanting to risk it you can try to push the ball to the green off the tee. The bunkers down the left side of found will make for a difficult second shot. Anything right off the green will funnel off.

#13 This par three can be treacherous depending on where pin placement is. In my opinion I think it is more difficult thanthe famed “Island hole”.A9AA1027-E401-488E-83BA-B725D51C0344.jpeg
#14 Oh #14. Only advice I can offer is good luck. A good tee shot will be required for those seeking better than par here. If you thought a good tee shot was important, the second shot is more of a tester.
09DC4495-D2E7-4AEF-8125-B2C74F075898.jpeg

#12 is a pretty easy hole…for those wanting to risk it you can try to push the ball to the green off the tee. The bunkers down the left side of found will make for a difficult second shot. Anything right off the green will funnel off.

#13 This par three can be treacherous depending on where pin placement is. In my opinion I think it is more difficult thanthe famed “Island hole”.View attachment 9111809
#14 Oh #14. Only advice I can offer is good luck. A good tee shot will be required for those seeking better than par here. If you thought a good tee shot was important, the second shot is more of a tester.
View attachment 9111810

Back