The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

I don't think I have an opinion on that, to be honest. I'm saying he's had a great season. Why not try to cap it off with a FEC win to go down as one the best seasons ever.
Oh, I have no clue myself, but I have a hard time believing there wouldn't be "incentive" to come over at #1.

And, yeah, he's earned it.

At least here. :LOL:
It was a nice gesture by Scottie to redirect some of the Monahan/McIlroy hate from THPers, but I think he was just mad at himself and out of sorts. Either that or I’ve vastly misjudged his vengeful side.

Can you fault them for an intentional breach of etiquette directed at another? If so, I would love to hear your reasoning. These are members of an organization so overly concerned with legacy, reputation, and doing the right thing. Maybe to you, an intentional breach of etiquette is doing the right thing.

I would fully expect to be heckled or have some comments thrown my way if I was the one leaving in the scenario I provided above. Never said anything about it being right or wrong.

catholic-meryl-streep.gif

* edit * Drunkenly patting myself on the back for the obscure movie reference.
That's actually a great movie. Well done.

I would fully expect to be heckled or have some comments thrown my way if I was the one leaving in the scenario I provided above. Never said anything about it being right or wrong.
[/QU

But you did state that you couldn't fault them for their behavior. :unsure:

It was a nice gesture by Scottie to redirect some of the Monahan/McIlroy hate from THPers, but I think he was just mad at himself and out of sorts. Either that or I’ve vastly misjudged his vengeful side.
I agree with this, because if it was based on ill intent I cannot BELIEVE that any THPer would be okay with that. Thats shameful.

But you did state that you couldn't fault them for their behavior. :unsure:

I am not sure what you are getting at here? I said "I don't fault the players for being upset." Then you brought up breach of etiquette. Being upset and a breach of etiquette are 2 different things.

Courts will encourage and/or instruct parties to talk in an attempt to reach a settlement. I wonder if there has been any settlement discussions between the PGA and the LIV and if there is any possibility they could work this out short of a Court or jury deciding.
There is 0 reason for the PGA Tour to agree that they have damaged LIV. There is no possibility of settlement here.

In the locker room, in the practice areas, sure. However, a breach of etiquette like that while actually playing? No, sir! Unacceptable.

There is 0 reason for the PGA Tour to agree that they have damaged LIV. There is no possibility of settlement here.

"No possibility" is not correct .It may be unlikely but you really can't say "no possibility". Cases settle for many reasons not necessarily related to the merits .

Watching the FedEx playoff right now and just thought to myself, it would be a nice gesture if the guys who sign with LIV made a public donation of some type to St Jude. That’s a wonderful charity and I for one would still want to be involved with it even if I moved over.

And I say that as a LIV fan.

LIV itself isn't suing the PGA Tour, is it? I thought it was the players that filed the antitrust lawsuits.

Perhaps I am missing something. We will continue to play golf despite the LIV/PGAT spat. Golf will still be on TV, young people who aspire to play professionally will continue to do so. As far as who can play where...this has no affect on me, it only affects those who decide where they are going to play. Sure, some PGAT players don't think it's right for LIV players to also have access to the PGAT, again so what? All this gloom and doom about how bad this if for golf...I just don't see it.
I agree, no gloom and doom. The pgatour will continue to make stars and LIV golf will continue to poach and pay tens of million for them to play hit and giggle team games.

I love these little videos!

LIV itself isn't suing the PGA Tour, is it? I thought it was the players that filed the antitrust lawsuits.
It is 10 or 11 LIV players who have sued. I think he was just referring to the collective LIV as the players.

Cam Smith is going to LIV (according to many sources). I am sure most players know it.

As of right now he is not going to LIV and playing the FedEx playoffs. But yeah, it does not mean he might go next year or in the future. I'll take his word for it right now. Here is what he said in a press conference yesterday.

What if LIV becomes the pinnacle and the majors stop being that?

54 holes and team play?

Doubt it.

There is a certain drama of the guy climbing to the top, alone.

54 holes and team play?

Doubt it.

There is a certain drama of the guy climbing to the top, alone.
Yeah, but when all of the top guys are bought playing in the 54 hole team play, certain drama isn't important.

Back