The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Fake, real, can we just agree that he totally nails that "Joe Dirt" look in a cringy but awesome way??????
Mullet GC as the new Aussie team name?

Seems he likes doing this lately. Seems childish to me. 🤷‍♂️.

I have actually enjoy discussing and debating the issues with you. I apologize if it comes across that way. You can call me many things, but you are so off base to call me childish.

I have actually enjoy discussing and debating the issues with you. I apologize if it comes across that way. You can call me many things, but you are so off base to call me childish.

Just like you were off base to tell me I was obviously ok with childish behavior when my initial comment had nothing to do with that, and after I explained numerous time before that's not what was meant.

I agree that the debates have been enjoyable. But debating what I meant in a comment is not, especially when words are twisted and after I stated otherwise enough times.

Sorry for the childish comment, it wasn't needed and probably a bit childish itself, something I don't like. Lets move on.

Again. your further explanation is fine. I understand and accept your point, But don't accuse me of misinterpreting anything. You made a specific statement. If you needed to add further context that's fine. But I did not misinterpret your initial statement as written.

And I have no idea what "got you" even means.

I'm not looking to argue this endlessly and other's eye rolls are unnecessary. We can have different opinions as to things and it serves no purpose to endlessly go around in circles.
Agreed. Next week I might have a whole different mind set......LOL

Just like you were off base to tell me I was obviously ok with childish behavior when my initial comment had nothing to do with that, and after I explained numerous time before that's not what was meant.

I agree that the debates have been enjoyable. But debating what I meant in a comment is not, especially when words are twisted and after I stated otherwise enough times.

Sorry for the childish comment, it wasn't needed and probably a bit childish itself, something I don't like. Lets move on.

Agreed. And just to clear it up, I likely misinterpreted (I can admit that :LOL:) something when you posted the video of Scheffler apparently walking through Cam's line with a tears of joy emoji 😂. I took that as if you were happy that that occurred.

Not surprisingly, I have a difference of opinion as to words used when they are used, but we don't need to get into that :LOL:.

Last edited:
Agreed. Next week I might have a whole different mind set......LOL

Agreed. We'll see what happens next week in the seemingly endless saga of PGAT and LIV.

The consumer market will decide. It will all come down to the format. IMO
I don't know why it has to be one or the other. It is just golf. Aspects of both appeal to me, and I'll watch the golfers and events that I find appealing at any given time. That might be a PGAT event, DP World Tour, LIV, LPGA, Korn Ferry, etc. As @JB has said many times, sitting down and listening to PGL's proposal and maybe incorporating that could have avoided this whole funding issue and the need to have to entice players with buckets of money.

We need a fact checker to fact check the fact checking Twitter and their tweets being posted here.

I don't know why it has to be one or the other. It is just golf. Aspects of both appeal to me, and I'll watch the golfers and events that I find appealing at any given time. That might be a PGAT event, DP World Tour, LIV, LPGA, Korn Ferry, etc. As @JB has said many times, sitting down and listening to PGL's proposal and maybe incorporating that could have avoided this whole funding issue and the need to have to entice players with buckets of money.
I remember having the same opinion when this chaos began. As the situation Progressed my opinion has changed. I remembered that the pgatour had many team tournaments during the silly season and i didn't watch any of them then and neither did most people. IMO

What turned me off from LIV is the fact that all of sudden posters were telling me how this was going to replace 72 hole stroke play and the new thing was to watch Pro golf on Youtube. I. rejected that, but I don't begrudge anyone for watching team golf.

I'm a golf nut but I just get the feeling that someone is trying to buy golf and change my viewing habits and I'm not ok with that.

We need a fact checker to fact check the fact checking Twitter and their tweets being posted here.
We have a fact checker.
And people posting those tweets if they stay political won't last long.

I remember having the same opinion when this chaos began. As the situation Progressed my opinion has changed. I remembered that the pgatour had many team tournaments during the silly season and i didn't watch any of them then and neither did most people. IMO

Many?
Maybe I am forgetting a few.

That's true but people need to do their own research instead of believing the first thing they hear even if it looks official.

In total agreement.. I don't understand the you're with us or against us mentality to this situation for many. I love golf and watch in all aspects. I even watched the college championships for the first time this year. Give me golf.

In total agreement.. I don't understand the you're with us or against us mentality to this situation for many. I love golf and watch in all aspects. I even watched the college championships for the first time this year. Give me golf.

I am another who loves to watch golf. I will continue to do so,

Many?
Maybe I am forgetting a few.
Maybe you're not old enough.....LOL!

Anything with the word "CUP" behind it. The tour still has a couple of two-man team events if I'm not mistaken. Some may have not been tour event Shark Shootout. father and Son, which nobody watched until Tiger and his son.

Travis cup and a host of others. (don't quote me though)

All those tournaments had crazy formats.......Nobody watched IMO

My problem with LIV is where the money is coming from. (hopefully this is not considered political) I will never defend that.

I don't enjoy watching what I consider an exhibition. I enjoy the cut, the four day tournament, the points race for the Fed Ex cup, etc. That's my opinion and what I, myself, enjoy. This alongside the money issue is why I will never watch or support LIV. There is nothing there for me.

Maybe you're not old enough.....LOL!

Anything with the word "CUP" behind it. The tour still has a couple of two-man team events if I'm not mistaken. Some may have not been tour event Shark Shootout. father and Son, which nobody watched until Tiger and his son.

Travis cup and a host of others. (don't quote me though)

All those tournaments had crazy formats.......Nobody watched IMO
Travis Cup? I feel like you might be confusing PGA Tour with some random golf events.
The main PGA Tour events in the last few decades have been the Zurich, which still takes place and the JC Penney Classic which became Valspar and combined multiple tours. They also some smaller events such as PNC and QBE Shootout. Not even in the same stratosphere as team golf, but it wouldn't fit a narrative I suppose.

Are there any team events in the off season season?

I guess it depends on what one considers the off season and obviously what one considers a team event. A pairing? I guess you could go that route. Maybe. Very different than what is taking place in teams. I have no idea if I like team golf or not, but I thought the ideas put forth by the PGL seemed like they had a lot of merit. Some of it mimicked by LIV.

I guess it depends on what one considers the off season and obviously what one considers a team event. A pairing? I guess you could go that route. Maybe. Very different than what is taking place in teams. I have no idea if I like team golf or not, but I thought the ideas put forth by the PGL seemed like they had a lot of merit. Some of it mimicked by LIV.
I guess the Presidents cup is a team event.. lol..

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Team events to me as the LIV is doing it I don't personally have any interest in. There really is no connection with the Team other than players you may enjoy watching but im guessing for most when a team loses its not like when your football team loses a game or wins for that matter. Without true emotions invested in it other than maybe being entertaining I don't see it as game changing for the Game of Golf. Now the Ryder Cup as a Team event is different and when that comes along I watch and cheer for the USA and want to see them win. And the competition in that event is enjoyable to watch.

Travis Cup? I feel like you might be confusing PGA Tour with some random golf events.
The main PGA Tour events in the last few decades have been the Zurich, which still takes place and the JC Penney Classic which became Valspar and combined multiple tours. They also some smaller events such as PNC and QBE Shootout. Not even in the same stratosphere as team golf, but it wouldn't fit a narrative I suppose.
Speaking of fitting a narrative what part of "if I'm not mistaken" "in my opinion" "don't quote me" that you don't understand...

I also went on to say that they may have not been tour events......MY goodness!

My point was .....No one watched IMO

I don’t agree with the idea that because it is different, I can’t like it. Yes, it is a different format, but it is still good golf and enjoyable to watch. I enjoy watching both PGA and LIV. Comparing it to auto racing, Nascar and IndyCar are completely different formats. They can both exist and work together. There have been drivers that race the Coca Cola 600 and the Indy 500 on the same day. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. It can be both. Hopefully this happens with PGA & LIV sooner than later.

Team events to me as the LIV is doing it I don't personally have any interest in. There really is no connection with the Team other than players you may enjoy watching but im guessing for most when a team loses its not like when your football team loses a game or wins for that matter. Without true emotions invested in it other than maybe being entertaining I don't see it as game changing for the Game of Golf. Now the Ryder Cup as a Team event is different and when that comes along I watch and cheer for the USA and want to see them win. And the competition in that event is enjoyable to watch.
I totally agree 100%. Team events don't interest me either.

Regarding the Ryder Cup: That's once every two years. If I had a steady diet of that it would become boring. IMO

Back