Who Is The Most Overrated Golfer On Tour?

Back9Bully

Golf is deceptively simple
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Short and sweet. Let's hear it.

Love me some Will Zalatoris, very fun guy to watch play golf but dude cannot seem to string it together.

I don't know about overrated, but I certainly get tired of hearing about Xander Schauffle. Dude's a great golfer, but I've never seen anyone talked about as much as him. He can be putting up very pedestrian results, and someone is sure to chime in "Now let's not forget about Xander Schauffle. He could easily challenge for the title."

I don't know about overrated, but I certainly get tired of hearing about Xander Schauffle. Dude's a great golfer, but I've never seen anyone talked about as much as him. He can be putting up very pedestrian results, and someone is sure to chime in "Now let's not forget about Xander Schauffle. He could easily challenge for the title."
He's like the US version of Ian Poulter. Great in team events, but struggles in the regular season.

He's like the US version of Ian Poulter. Great in team events, but struggles in the regular season.
He did win 3 times this year.

Most hype for least actual substance is Rickie Fowler. There's not even a debate IMO and I really like Fowler.

He went back to back this year and won the Zurich. No way is he currently overrated.

He did win 3 times this year.
I'm saying more overall. He's had a great year so far no doubt. Just struggles to bring it home "most" of the time. He's in my top 10 favorite golfers ironically. Fun guy to watch and very genuine.

He went back to back this year and won the Zurich. No way is he currently overrated.
I never said he was overrated. I said he struggles in the regular season for the most part. He's had a great year so far, not knocking that at all. What wadesworld said was pretty accurate.

Most hype for least actual substance is Rickie Fowler. There's not even a debate IMO and I really like Fowler.
He has really fell off lately. Makes me worried he's gonna end up like Smylie and I would hate that..

I'd say Fowler

Tiger Woods

I would have said Xander before the last couple months, that turned it around for him

Who is saying Rickie is good though? He’s popular, but nobody is expecting him to go out and contend.

Overrated as far as coverage and expectations whether realistic or not, the answer is Rickie Fowler.

Overrated as far as coverage and expectations whether realistic or not, the answer is Rickie Fowler.
You might be right there, but I dont think most expect him to contend. He just happens to be such a great dude that is well liked.
If we go current, I mean it has to be Tiger Woods, right? Full wall to wall coverage.

Short and sweet. Let's hear it.

Love me some Will Zalatoris, very fun guy to watch play golf but dude cannot seem to string it together.

Will is 2 years in, won rookie of the year, is 14th in the world and 12th in FedEx ranking...has won $10,000,000 in 2 years

Not sure what part is over rated? 907594FA-A85B-4EA9-AA88-B146AB305933.jpeg8273EE73-F44B-47B2-BF60-A2A43668E310.jpeg

Hey. Don't talk about Will like that! :LOL:. Personally don't think he is over ranked because he doesn't get talked about much. Seems like he is more under the radar, and rises up in the biggest spots when no one expects it.

This is a tough questions because in golf you kind of are what you are. Your play determines that. I would say Jordan and Brooks though. Both seems to still be mentioned as tippy top players. My reasoning for Jordan is that he was very reliant on his putter, and at some point that bites you. I am unsure if he gets that magic back. Brooks had an amazing run in the majors, but was never dominant elsewhere. And with the injuries I am not sure he even gets his magic back either. That said these are both a bit nitpicky.

You might be right there, but I dont think most expect him to contend. He just happens to be such a great dude that is well liked.
If we go current, I mean it has to be Tiger Woods, right? Full wall to wall coverage.
Everyone knows he can't contend right now, but they will lock him on a featured group at +14 on a Sunday:ROFLMAO:

I pray that Rickie Fowler wins this weekend. It would be chaos on the inter webs.

Will is 2 years in, won rookie of the year, is 14th in the world and 12th in FedEx ranking...has won $10,000,000 in 2 years

Not sure what part is over rated? View attachment 9111872View attachment 9111873
I'm not knocking him per say. I just think he is more of a majors guy. Which is totally fine in my book honestly, I'd love to see him snag one, I'm sure he will actually snag a couple in his career. Getting that #1 just seems hard for him on Sunday when he is in contention and ends up getting #2.

Not sure Rickie is currently "rated" by anyone... maybe the pole vaulter.
He still gets a lot of coverage. He's being courted by Liv. It would be a news story if he went. What is rated?

i don’t call them overrated. But when the GC starts going off on Rory and Spieth and continues to build them up in the show like they can’t do any wrong and adding freaking statistics, I just want to not like the guys. So many other golfers that are winning or really playing good.

But my picks: currently Ricky Fowler and past tour players, Davis Love lll.

Tough question. There are a bunch of guys with serious credentials - major winners - who are still in the heart of their careers who haven’t done much in a while. Guys like Jason Day, Spieth, Rory, etc. Are those guys overrated because it’s been 3-5 years (or more) since they’ve been real threats or are they just passed their primes?

Back