The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

I guess it depends on what one considers the off season and obviously what one considers a team event. A pairing? I guess you could go that route. Maybe. Very different than what is taking place in teams. I have no idea if I like team golf or not, but I thought the ideas put forth by the PGL seemed like they had a lot of merit. Some of it mimicked by LIV.
LOL! Now we're debating.....how many people make up a team? really!?!

What do you mean by PGL? Is that the Premier golf league?

That actually is a good point. So what happens when someone gets hurt? Is there a pot of players to pick up? Do they have backup guys? Can someone play for several different teams? Is there rights to players? Trades?

Here's hoping at the beginning of the season there is some sort of draft where the teams pick up new members. Worst team gets the first pick in the draft, and goes from there.

The team thing would be more interesting to me if the teams don't change over time. Perhaps there could be trade possibilities as well. Has potential.:unsure:

What do you mean by PGL? Is that the Premier golf league?
Yes, actually team formats vary greatly.
But Im not really debating much, so far I get "lol" or the absurd "you are changing posts". So I am here to keep the rules in place and fact check.

That actually is a good point. So what happens when someone gets hurt? Is there a pot of players to pick up? Do they have backup guys? Can someone play for several different teams? Is there rights to players? Trades?
There's a lot about LIV golf that we don't know or understand. Hard to go all in with all the unknowns.

Yes, actually team formats vary greatly.
But Im not really debating much, so far I get "lol" or the absurd "you are changing posts". So I am here to keep the rules in place and fact check.
Yeah, but you're obviously Pro LIV based on your comments.....IMO LOL!
--------------------

From what I've read LIV Golf stole its format from The Premier Golf League. The PGL was scheduled to launch in 2023. That will be LIV direct competition if true not the pgatour.

Yeah, but you're obviously Pro LIV based on your comments.....IMO LOL!

WTF? You must have me confused with somebody else. I understand that this forum is nothing but this thread to you, and hey, that's great, but my thoughts on both tours have been the same since the beginning and are well documented.

Good lord, man, white knuckling at the keyboard is not good foranybody.

My problem with LIV is where the money is coming from. (hopefully this is not considered political) I will never defend that.

I don't enjoy watching what I consider an exhibition. I enjoy the cut, the four day tournament, the points race for the Fed Ex cup, etc. That's my opinion and what I, myself, enjoy. This alongside the money issue is why I will never watch or support LIV. There is nothing there for me.
I agree. There's a lot more going on than the few at the top. Season long races, life changing events. Just two or three years ago Scheffler, Young, Zalatoris and others were playing on the Korn Ferry tour. For me, Purse sizes is far down the list. Just my opinion.

I agree. There's a lot more going on than the few at the top. Season long races, life changing events. Just two or three years ago Scheffler, Young, Zalatoris and others were playing on the Korn Ferry tour. For me, Purse sizes is far down the list. Just my opinion.
You should mute the PGA broadcast for 3 weeks. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve heard that the FedEx Cup winner now gets $18M and the bonus pool has increased from $60 to $75M :rolleyes:

No icy reception for Cam Smith as he was announced on the first tee.

Question for you.

Sorry to quote nothing and change it, but I was wondering if in your contacts with golf manufacturers, has LIV come up at all? Do they have any certain feelings towards LIV vs PGA Tour?

Also if it's already been posted somewhere, I apologize, I haven't had a bunch of time to catch up on all the posts.

You should mute the PGA broadcast for 3 weeks. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve heard that the FedEx Cup winner now gets $18M and the bonus pool has increased from $60 to $75M :rolleyes:
That what FedEx pay them to do, hype. They pay a lot of money for the advertising.
That's how that work. IMO

It's called sensationalism!

It is as if people cannot have a discussion anymore without it being political.

Respectfully asking but given strange links we’re starting to see possibly between a national security issue and the tour how long before quite simply politics quite simply can’t be avoided? I mean understand keeping politics out but IF there’s suddenly a link between everything how can the politics be ignored at that point is what I’m asking if say the league was a cover for stealing nuclear secrets for example?

Respectfully asking but given strange links we’re starting to see possibly between a national security issue and the tour how long before quite simply politics quite simply can’t be avoided? I mean understand keeping politics out but IF there’s suddenly a link between everything how can the politics be ignored at that point is what I’m asking if say the league was a cover for stealing nuclear secrets for example?
They can and will be avoided or it will be limited time on THP. It’s not a suggestion, it’s one of our only rules and if people can’t abide by them, go talk elsewhere.

Did you count how many times they called it "tradition" I'm up to 4.
Give it a rest.

Attachments

• animalhousefacepalm.gif
    animalhousefacepalm.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 3
records will never change.
Tell that to everyone’s thoughts about the browns. What they did pre-NFL doesn’t matter.

Really glad that they are showing Cam and Scottie joking around and the nonsense Is over.

EDIT: I deleted the tweet I have zero faith in what was posted. Carry on.

Tell that to everyone’s thoughts about the browns. What they did pre-NFL doesn’t matter.

Good point! Lots of championships and some very dominant teams, but no one cares much about that. And before you say it @JB, Ohio is awesome lol :)

Back