EXPERIENCE The 2022 Victory Cup with Mizuno

#12 is a pretty easy hole…for those wanting to risk it you can try to push the ball to the green off the tee. The bunkers down the left side of found will make for a difficult second shot. Anything right off the green will funnel off.

#13 This par three can be treacherous depending on where pin placement is. In my opinion I think it is more difficult thanthe famed “Island hole”.View attachment 9111809
#14 Oh #14. Only advice I can offer is good luck. A good tee shot will be required for those seeking better than par here. If you thought a good tee shot was important, the second shot is more of a tester.
View attachment 9111810
I've got words in my head right now that I can't say on here.... "There's no water on the left.... there's no water on the left.... or way right...."

Or….. you could be like me and not yet have a fitting so change your mind multiple times a day and obsess about getting it perfectly right without having fomo about the various other decisions I could make!!

Today’s thought is blended set.

I was thinking blended yesterday...still am.

Welp, I know at least one thing I'll have to purchase from the pro shop. That #17 flag will look great in my office.

Welp, I know at least one thing I'll have to purchase from the pro shop. That #17 flag will look great in my office.
I’ll autograph it for you after you drop a few in the drink.

Just think all you guys will be getting one of these…question is what number will be inscribed?
image.jpg

so when this drops I will have to venmo/paypal/zelle someone some funds to purchase a couple of items

so when this drops I will have to venmo/paypal/zelle someone some funds to purchase a couple of items
If you need anything let me know I’m 10 mins from there and can swing by.

Day 16 - Hole #16.

Not trying to take anything away from the event occuring as I type this, however, we need to talk about #16.

This short par 5 will give many players an opportunity to reach the green in two shots. A fairway wood or long iron will be required for the second shot, which must carry a large lateral water hazard, a maintained bunker and a bulkhead. All of these obstacles are to the right of the hole and start 150 yards from the green. To the left, a cluster of oak trees blocks a clear path to the green. Players who do not choose to attempt the green in two shots must direct their second shot to the narrow area protected by a grass bunker, a water hazard and the cluster of oak trees. The green has two tiers, sloping left to right toward the water that wraps around the rear of the green. There is a new spectator mound behind the green.

1660589498839.png1660589519173.png
1660589550435.png

Day 16 - Hole #16.

Not trying to take anything away from the event occuring as I type this, however, we need to talk about #16.

This short par 5 will give many players an opportunity to reach the green in two shots. A fairway wood or long iron will be required for the second shot, which must carry a large lateral water hazard, a maintained bunker and a bulkhead. All of these obstacles are to the right of the hole and start 150 yards from the green. To the left, a cluster of oak trees blocks a clear path to the green. Players who do not choose to attempt the green in two shots must direct their second shot to the narrow area protected by a grass bunker, a water hazard and the cluster of oak trees. The green has two tiers, sloping left to right toward the water that wraps around the rear of the green. There is a new spectator mound behind the green.

View attachment 9112625View attachment 9112626
View attachment 9112629

Big dog down the left side. Depending on distance, aiming at the bunker with the two trees and let it drift in.

Played in a scramble/outing today. Was the first time on the course working on the swing changes. Hit some good shots and some awful shots. Definitely a work in progress Glad we still have a few weeks to go to continue to get used to it. Have my next lesson on Friday to keep working. I plan to be ready to rock for the VC.

2 days until "the call".

Day 17..... You know what hole is up... Hole 17!! 128 Par 3.

What are you hitting here??

In its brief history, the island hole has become one of the most renowned of its kind in the world. Each year it is the most popular among spectators. The signature hole is a short length par 3 with a wide green that narrows to the right side. The right side of the green is protected by a small maintained bunker, which sometimes will be a relief to players who come up short of the green. Club selection on this hole is critically important; with the tricky winds of spring, the Championship could be won or lost here. A larger spectator mound has been created behind the green.

1660675886447.png1660676393371.png
1660676515783.png

Top 10 shots at #17

In its brief history, the island hole has become one of the most renowned of its kind in the world. Each year it is the most popular among spectators. The signature hole is a short length par 3 with a wide green that narrows to the right side. The right side of the green is protected by a small maintained bunker, which sometimes will be a relief to players who come up short of the green. Club selection on this hole is critically important; with the tricky winds of spring, the Championship could be won or lost here. A larger spectator mound has been created behind the green.

View attachment 9112845View attachment 9112849
View attachment 9112850
A lot of factors take into consideration here. I will grab my gap wedge and pitching wedge then make my decision as I get to the box.

View attachment 9112845View attachment 9112849
View attachment 9112850

Current clubs, I'm hitting a 9 iron all day.

Mizzys, I have NFI, but most likely a PW.

Back