Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

A pretty awesome THP'er hooked me up with a Rogue ST Max 4 iron and I finally get to take it out tomorrow night on the course. Pretty excited to try it out on a couple of longer par 3's we have.

Typically I reach for the Epic Super Hybrid and try to take a bit off of it, but it'll be fun to see what the 4 iron can do. I remember hitting one at ECPC and almost being startled by how far it went.
How'd the 4 iron work out?

How'd the 4 iron work out?

Amazing. It’s got some pop to it. I never got a 4 iron in the Apex DCBs (so can’t compare) but I found myself reaching for this instead of the hybrid on a couple long Par 3s. Went 15 yards over the green on the first one and landed the green on the second.

When you hit the center of the face it might be the most addictive feeling ever with these and you don’t get punished when you’re off center. Just a fun club all around.

Problem is now I want a set.

In my round this morning my swing was a little bit off but yet the Rogue Pro irons still performed very well. I was still able to hit a bunch of greens and be around the greens most of the day.

Some early thoughts on my rehab swing and first time hitting the Rogue ST Max irons with MMTs

look: a bit thicker than the Pros, but I don’t mind it nearly as much as I thought I would initially. A little more offset than I would like. I like the badging and branding. Solid look.

feel: good feel, but harsher than I would like. Coming from Apex and then Rogue ST Pro, there is noticeable sound and feel difference. My swing wasn’t very consistent, but there was good feedback on strike location.

forgiveness: here is where it shined. I had no idea what kind of swing I was going to have, but left the hitting bay with a feeling of “these will 100% help get me comfortably and confidently around the course”.

I’m going to get a mini fitting tomorrow and adjust loft/lie.

oh, and the Max hybrid is no slouch!!! That will be a weapon this fall!

shots with the 7 iron, 51* Set Gap wedge, and Max 4 hybrid

5DF5D312-D261-4F1E-9919-91BF8D922E90.jpeg
4A6C5966-7737-42F5-B276-38E6AE5CCB8D.jpeg
5E9CB724-0C6A-42BB-97CE-CD9C37B82947.jpeg
F6C2D0FB-B092-40CD-8EB4-135C47FC6193.jpeg
E0421E7D-6A11-403F-A9F5-7DE585DF59C3.jpeg
CD7B1790-2F0F-4715-B3F7-959498461386.jpeg

I got to play last night after work and had a much better ball striking round than my previous. My normal ball flight is a straight ball or slight draw (which I prefer to see). What I've realized with the Rogue Pro irons is that they are so easy to hit a baby cut with. And something about that shot is helping me hit more greens and decrease my proximity to the hole on approach shots. And as much as I like to see a draw, this is quickly becoming my go to shot shape.

I had the Pros on the range today. I was seeing good, solid numbers. For me, 7 irons with ball speeds in the 118 range are totally acceptable.

BE09D045-719A-49AD-B59C-3FF1C639BB73.jpeg

Range Day! Was hitting the irons pretty well today. Can’t say enough how good the Pros feel off of centered strikes the face feels just like it’s meant to be. They are some outstanding looking irons that look really great in the bag. Absolutely enjoying my time with them this year.

Max 4 iron is never leaving the bag. We have a Par 5 with a severe dogleg to the left. When I was younger I could cut the corner, but I don't have that distance anymore. I usually try to pull driver and flirt with the left edge because if you hit it perfect you get a lot of roll down a hill and can leave yourself less than 200 yards out, even 150 if you hit it well enough. Most times though I lose it a bit right, trying not to lose it in the fescue/trees on the left.

Yesterday we played in a benefit for a neighboring fire department and they had a dummy sitting 200 yards out right where the dogleg left starts. Closest to the dummy won a cooler full of beer. I decided the 4 iron was up for the task and I literally hit a dart that bounced just past the dummies head. So I didn't win the beer but I left myself a pretty awesome second shot that.... 220 yard 3 wood that bounced up onto the green. Can't tell you the last time I hit that green in two....not sure I missed the eagle putt (about 20 feet) but I got the birdie.

It's just such a fun weapon to have in the bag. Been totally happy with the Apex DCB's but these Max Irons have me salivating and wondering a bit.

Had a great range day that felt amazing with the Pros. Able to hit more and more consistently on the center of the face with my lessons and the distances and dispersion are beginning to become point, aim, shoot simple. Enjoying the look very much at address as the top line looks spectacular. Can’t wait for league tomorrow as I was hitting some great shots at target and constant distances for the shots. Have been hitting a little draw as of late and the repeatable right to left movement on the ball is comforting as I know the hard left I’d been hitting with the Max’s isn’t in play and I can hit into greens at league that require a draw into the green for a close approach shot.

I had 212 yards into a par 5 after my best drive of the day. I took a smooth swing with the Rogue Pro hybrid and the ball landed on the front of the green and finished 4 feet from the pin. This is the most success I've ever had with a hybrid in my bag!

Rogue Max ST OS 3 Hybrid is just so good. Pretty much wants to go straight, eliminates the lefts I have had with past hybrids, nice ball flight and good distance. Never tried the standard and im sure it is great but for me the OS is perfect. Long time Callaway player but I think the Rogue Max ST Driver , Three wood and this Hybrid are the best ever.

Rogue Max ST OS 3 Hybrid is just so good. Pretty much wants to go straight, eliminates the lefts I have had with past hybrids, nice ball flight and good distance. Never tried the standard and im sure it is great but for me the OS is perfect. Long time Callaway player but I think the Rogue Max ST Driver , Three wood and this Hybrid are the best ever.
I really need to spend more time with the hybrid. You are about the 10th person that have told me its the best ever and I think upon my return from the GOAT Cup, I will give it a shot.

Lessons and practice today has these Pros feeling outstanding. Looking forward to where my game is and can’t say enough how well the dispersion maintains on these irons throughout the bag. The feel has been wonderful off the strikes and the launch off the face is great. Being able to hit repeatable shot after shot with the same flight pattern has been a huge enjoyment on the range, working on consistently repeating this on course but feels as if it’s just a short time away.

I really need to spend more time with the hybrid. You are about the 10th person that have told me its the best ever and I think upon my return from the GOAT Cup, I will give it a shot.
I had a good 9 tonight and had a couple great shots with the ST Max OS 3 Hybrid one resulting in a Birdie. I chose the OS with some specific holes at my course in mind where i wanted a specific distance and i wanted to hit it straight and take trouble out of play. Im a 12 and should be in the single digits but not a bad ball striker. A guy i play with is a two and wanted to try it, hit it and liked it a lot. Not sure how much of a difference the standard is but for a 3 hybrid i think people may overlook it as just a game improvement club but i really think it is more than that.

My range is a learning center and my instructor was like yeah you can go try out irons. Went in they have all the OEM fitting carts. Guy put together an elevate 95 mph shaft on the os max head. Yeah that's the ticket but our of budget. Also tried the LTDx, zx4 srixon, and the tour edge e522. By far the os max won. 7 iron carried around 165 and had felt amazing. See if these things end up on cpo

While I’m unable to play my beloved Rogue ST Pros, I am getting to experience the Rogue ST Max.

I build a set up in 6-P/A/G with 85g reg flex MMT. Quite a bit different than my 5-A Rogue ST Pro with 6.0 PX LZ build. But with my injury and weakness, I needed something more forgiving, where I could regain some distance lost due to swing speed, and have less abrasion using lighter graphite shafts.

for reference, my swing speed prior to my strokes with a 7 iron was 88-90mph. Right now I’m topping out around 75-76 mph.

Distance wise, I feel relatively even club-for-club with my Pro setup to the Max setup. By that, I mean I’m getting the same distances I would roughly expect with my Pros out of this Max build. Given the Max is 3* stronger at the 7 iron, I’m not too too surprised.

They do feel a bit chunkier at impact though, and not quite as soft. Coming from Apex last year with the forged feel, into the Rogue ST Pro this year with the urethane microspheres, I’ve been used to the softer feels.

The trade off though is that these Max irons perform incredibly. I’m hitting mid-trajectory balls that just want to go right at greens.
I think I hit more greens this past week at the GD Reunion in Myrtle than I can remember in most other rounds this year.

While I’m unable to play my beloved Rogue ST Pros, I am getting to experience the Rogue ST Max.

I build a set up in 6-P/A/G with 85g reg flex MMT. Quite a bit different than my 5-A Rogue ST Pro with 6.0 PX LZ build. But with my injury and weakness, I needed something more forgiving, where I could regain some distance lost due to swing speed, and have less abrasion using lighter graphite shafts.

for reference, my swing speed prior to my strokes with a 7 iron was 88-90mph. Right now I’m topping out around 75-76 mph.

Distance wise, I feel relatively even club-for-club with my Pro setup to the Max setup. By that, I mean I’m getting the same distances I would roughly expect with my Pros out of this Max build. Given the Max is 3* stronger at the 7 iron, I’m not too too surprised.

They do feel a bit chunkier at impact though, and not quite as soft. Coming from Apex last year with the forged feel, into the Rogue ST Pro this year with the urethane microspheres, I’ve been used to the softer feels.

The trade off though is that these Max irons perform incredibly. I’m hitting mid-trajectory balls that just want to go right at greens.
I think I hit more greens this past week at the GD Reunion in Myrtle than I can remember in most other rounds this year.

You are a human highlight reel with these things. @xThor stripe show with the Max irons is a sight to behold.

Been hitting the Pros pretty solid and now I’m excited to try the Recoil Darts in them to see what happens. They are really consistent with dispersion in both directions.

Not to repeat the same thing but the Rogue Max ST OS 3 hybrid continues to be the best hybrid i have ever hit, lol and i have tried my share. Yesterday and now today i have hit shots that put me on the green from less than ideal situations and a couple times through a narrow opening in the trees. Basically straight but i can put a slight draw when needed., and on one of our par threes which has been a challenge for many over the years ( and lots of different clubs tried ) this has become point and shoot.,And i have completely eliminated my three hybrid miss which was a hook left. I have never felt more confident with a hybrid ever.

Not to repeat the same thing but the Rogue Max ST OS 3 hybrid continues to be the best hybrid i have ever hit, lol and i have tried my share. Yesterday and now today i have hit shots that put me on the green from less than ideal situations and a couple times through a narrow opening in the trees. Basically straight but i can put a slight draw when needed., and on one of our par threes which has been a challenge for many over the years ( and lots of different clubs tried ) this has become point and shoot.,And i have completely eliminated my three hybrid miss which was a hook left. I have never felt more confident with a hybrid ever.
I love this so much. 😁

Liked the Pros before and now with the Darts installed they feel even better in hand and feel like a tack driver. The sound off the face on a pured shot is just so good. Weathers been rather trashy lately, but I’ve managed to squeeze out some respectable scores lately and look forward to see how well they hold up in the heat of the moment in NC.

Liked the Pros before and now with the Darts installed they feel even better in hand and feel like a tack driver. The sound off the face on a pured shot is just so good. Weathers been rather trashy lately, but I’ve managed to squeeze out some respectable scores lately and look forward to see how well they hold up in the heat of the moment in NC.

I need to go read the other thread in detail on this!

Played a fantastic course with my uncle and cousin while on vacation. I was striking my Rogue Pro irons well and on the first par 3 i told them I was going to hit my first ace with them watching. Then I hit this shot that was about as close as I've seen in several rounds.. looked really good for a long time!
20220905_073321.jpg

My range is a learning center and my instructor was like yeah you can go try out irons. Went in they have all the OEM fitting carts. Guy put together an elevate 95 mph shaft on the os max head. Yeah that's the ticket but our of budget. Also tried the LTDx, zx4 srixon, and the tour edge e522. By far the os max won. 7 iron carried around 165 and had felt amazing. See if these things end up on cpo
Isn't it funny how quickly we can get things in budget when we really want them :ROFLMAO:

Back