Golf Ball Shortages...

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone seen or heard about ball shortages? Shelves have been pretty bare here and a local PGA Superstore said they didn't know if they'd be getting anymore shipments this season.

What's it look like near you?

I just bought 3 dozen Bridgestone E12 contacts from Amazon?:oops: Maybe a brick and mortar issue?

Haven't seen any issues

Golf galaxy here was well stocked 2 weeks ago

I just bought 3 dozen Bridgestone E12 contacts from Amazon?:oops: Maybe a brick and mortar issue?
Possibly. But with many balls being made overseas, it doesn't surprise me.

The shortages seem to come and go. Snell is still limiting purchases to no more than 2 dozen per order. You need to order 5 dozen to get their best price. Titleist and Taylor Made golf balls were hard to come by earlier this year at my course, and I've heard that range balls have also been hard to get at times.

Yeah there were shortages earlier this year but I not seen any issues on the shelves at our local places. Even the pro shops seem well stocked right now

I was at a local DSG and didn’t notice any issues as far as balls.

I was at PGA Superstore in Natick yestersday and I didn't really notice any empty shelves in the ball section.
I still have NOT seen the Orange/Yellow Srixxon Tour Divides in a retail store. I have only found them in Pro shops of small courses I would never have expected to have that ball.

Have not seen any current inventory level issues where I am.

Plenty around here

No issues where I am at. Still running sales as well.

The shortages seem to come and go. Snell is still limiting purchases to no more than 2 dozen per order. You need to order 5 dozen to get their best price. Titleist and Taylor Made golf balls were hard to come by earlier this year at my course, and I've heard that range balls have also been hard to get at times.
This is why I stopped playing Snell and have nit since my pre-pandemic supply ran out. I have no interest ordering 2 dozen DTC balls at a time. I’d rather just pick up a dozen of TP-5s at the pro shop whenever I start to run low, Hopefully it will get better.

The Costco I was in a few days ago had plenty of Ksigs and the LGS where I bought my shoes appeared to be well-stocked.

I haven’t noticed anything here other than AVX’s were hard to come by a few months ago.

Haven't seen much issue here since earlier in the year. Feels like they're actually getting caught up. Shelves are pretty full.

The pro shop at my club seemed to have most ball fully stocked last time I checked. As always, they were hit or miss in also carrying the yellow versions but that's their normal stocking practice. Plenty white balls in stock though.

I buy e6 golf balls at Walmart for around $23 a dozen. They always seem to have them on the shelf, along with other brands.

Only difference I've seen is their golf equipment display area has become smaller. They still display the same items, just fewer of each.

We just returned from a 7 state road trip. We visited a few Walmarts along the way for supplies. I always check out their sporting goods areas. All were stocked about the same.

I have not had any issue buying i just can’t get the yellow CSXLS. Plenty of stock in everything else I want.

Off course specialty golf stores and on course pro shops are well stocked here.

I almost had a shortage last time out on the course. Pretty sure it was my fault and not the industry though.

Local Golf Galaxy is selling 2021 Chrome Soft X LS at a good discount. Plenty of other balls in stock too.

PGASS by me was fully stocked on Friday, so my credit card was presented to the cashier.

I was at one of the two PGA Tour Superstores today, and there appeared to be some empty space around the Titleist Tru Feel boxes that were stocked. I didn't take particular notice of anything else. Dick's seemed full stocked.

Back