Did I miss something Captain while I’ve been away in Iceland?

Is the Morgan Cup this year gonna be a skills contest?

Will we be doing flop shots over a wall to determine closest to the pin? Long drive contests perhaps. Longest putt made?

Damn, all this time I’ve been working on shooting lower scores too.

Glad there are no pictures on the scorecard I guess cause it ain’t how you drive it’s how you arrive.
God I hope we don't have to do flop shots over walls, what say you @Jtubb17 ? :LOL:

Had a bit of a shaft battle in the LS over the last few weeks between the RDX Blue and Tensei White, and am going with the Tensei. Launches just that little bit lower with less spin and am seeing great results. Regripped with a midsize rather than standard this weekend and will be ready to rock. Not quite 75% fairways, or indeed anywhere close to that, but as @Browndog says, it's how you arrive!

Maybe flop shot with driver to really test the abilities of LTDx 😂
Couple of times I’ve come pretty close to that exact shot when I’ve got a bit steep haha

Had a bit of a shaft battle in the LS over the last few weeks between the RDX Blue and Tensei White, and am going with the Tensei. Launches just that little bit lower with less spin and am seeing great results. Regripped with a midsize rather than standard this weekend and will be ready to rock. Not quite 75% fairways, or indeed anywhere close to that, but as @Browndog says, it's how you arrive!
LS head and still need lower spin :oops: I'm going to need to test out this combo when we get there.

LS head and still need lower spin :oops: I'm going to need to test out this combo when we get there.
They’re going to be hitting knuckleballs out there

Honestly, I have struggled so much with high spin on the driver forever, just the swing I put on it. Have tried all combinations of lofts and shafts and that is what has given the best results - I honestly don’t know why, other than a godawful driver swing 😂

Well, after a couple weeks of testing, I think I need to make an adjustment.

I'd been playing the LTDx head at 10.5º with the UST Mamiya Helium shaft with good results. Then I started finding this pull hook. I played around a little, including grip and ball placement and I found that if I didn't swing as hard (like a 70% swing) I could keep the ball on the planet. This leads me to believe that I need to return to my previous shaft.

So, my next rounds will be played with the LTDx in standard settings but I'll be swinging my custom Project X shaft. We'll see how that works out. I really need this to be a fairway finder.

Soooo this just happened. Safe to say that the LTDx driver is FAST!

Didn’t hit my LTDx that well at all last weekend, 30-40% fairways, so went to the range yesterday and played around with shafts and settings. Crazy game, had my low round of the year Sunday missing fairways. Lol.

IM10 just spins and floats too much for me, went back to my RDX Blue. Set in the D position at std 9* to try and just got in a real nice groove. Hopefully found something, really hit it well at that setting. I love the crack sound this driver makes too.

Honestly, I have struggled so much with high spin on the driver forever, just the swing I put on it. Have tried all combinations of lofts and shafts and that is what has given the best results - I honestly don’t know why, other than a godawful driver swing 😂
I have learned to embrace my negative AoA, loft that driver up with a low spin shaft. Not conventional, but has put me in a good place with driver this year....

love that you are owning it :cool:

I have learned to embrace my negative AoA, loft that driver up with a low spin shaft. Not conventional, but has put me in a good place with driver this year....

love that you are owning it :cool:
Only way I can get it to work, but seems to be working, have done exactly what you said and is all good. Loft up, low spin head with low spin shaft - shouldn't work but it does. God help me if I ever learn to swing properly :LOL:

Only way I can get it to work, but seems to be working, have done exactly what you said and is all good. Loft up, low spin head with low spin shaft - shouldn't work but it does. God help me if I ever learn to swing properly :LOL:
Just means you can buy the standard head of Cobra's next release ;)

The LTDx continues to just flat out perform for me, paired with the Ventus TR is fantastic. I literally haven't touched a thing, playing at 10.5* standard setting seeing a nice highish ball flight. I'm sure I'm giving up a few yards by not going with the LS but I don't really care I love this driver!

The LTDx continues to just flat out perform for me, paired with the Ventus TR is fantastic. I literally haven't touched a thing, playing at 10.5* standard setting seeing a nice highish ball flight. I'm sure I'm giving up a few yards by not going with the LS but I don't really care I love this driver!
That Ventus TR seems to be doing the trick for absolutely everyone in this head, I know @Jtubb17 swears by it. Sounds like it’s an absolute weapon for you!

That Ventus TR seems to be doing the trick for absolutely everyone in this head, I know @Jtubb17 swears by it. Sounds like it’s an absolute weapon for you!
I mean I still can't hang with the 70% fwy guys but I kind of like it :cool:

Im not sure you are, because you are one of those lucky ones that is dynamically low spin from the start.

The Ventus TR is such a good pairing with the LTDx. Anyone not trying it is missing out. Except for the Hackers. I hear it’s not compatible for them until November 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I mean I still can't hang with the 70% fwy guys but I kind of like it :cool:
Some people want to hit it like the pros. We just want to be somewhat close the Hackers 😂

Im not sure you are, because you are one of those lucky ones that is dynamically low spin from the start.
You think? I've had a few drivers that spin up quite a bit for me but with the right combo of gear its a lot fun

The Ventus TR is such a good pairing with the LTDx. Anyone not trying it is missing out. Except for the Hackers. I hear it’s not compatible for them until November 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Some people want to hit it like the pros. We just want to be somewhat close the Hackers 😂
Hey, at 70% I want to hang with the Hackers too, am lowering the averages a decent amount 😂

You think? I've had a few drivers that spin up quite a bit for me but with the right combo of gear its a lot fun
We saw the results in the Graphite Design video. I think as loft and head design cater towards spinnier you could get there though.

It was next on my list to try but then the Smoke Blue clicked and haven't looked back

Back