CONTEST Live Update Thread: The GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

I may or may not have some new drink wear for the house 😂😂😂PXL_20220816_233222776.jpg

Callaway Golf, Ballyhack/Dormie Club, and THP just knocked it out of the park! Such a great event! Happy it’s coming back!

That was awesome to follow along. I had to blame my computer audio on a couple of zoom meetings because I wasn’t paying attention and needed them to repeat themselves but worth it.

That was awesome to follow along. I had to blame my computer audio on a couple of zoom meetings because I wasn’t paying attention and needed them to repeat themselves but worth it.
Don't be pulling that tonight!!! ;)

Shout out to @pumbaa ! That was a tough task today against the birdie machine but you acquitted yourself well!

Huge shout to @pumbaa . Fantastic good humor every post, one of my favorite follows in any thread. Well played, Awesome to see you in action sir! 👊

Sign me up for next year

And it’s over. Vainer effort by AT but the final match is complete.

this is ending in a tie and Callaway has graciously decided to make every participant a winner and give each participant the golf balls and bag and we will order rings for all.

Clearly I am catching up. This is Outstanding. WOW. Congrats to both teams this was a Show!

This drive home feels like it’s 5 times longer than the drive down to Ballyhack

Huge shout to @pumbaa . Fantastic good humor every post, one of my favorite follows in any thread. Well played, Awesome to see you in action sir! 👊
I got decimated no 2 ways about it. But and a very huge but I actually played well for the most part. As a high 20s cap I made par possibly a couple, I made net birdie I made Dan push a couple of holes and that was with my 1st 2 holes being a disaster. My only 3 goals today were to have fun/enjoy the course and the great people I was playing with, win a single hole, and make Dan play at least 2 holes on the back 9. I did all 3 and more that's a huge win for me. I beat myself into the ground my first match and had to be talked off the ledge @Canadan @JasonFinleyCG and @AT_CG. Dan is one of the best golfers I have ever played with skill wise and person wise. He is legit and honestly I have to tee it up again with him some time. Also if you play a round with him and he brings those damn 2 and 3 utility irons you have to see it. The sound, the ball flight, and the distance is incredible. Also @AT_CG I'm still waiting on the P.E.D. test because my dude is an animal!

Oh I’m going to be I’m so much trouble when I leave there….but it’s better to ask for forgiveness then permission right????
Yeah and with how proud they are of their items you will need a couple of marriage counseling sessions to make it right 😂😂😂

Caught up at the moment but such a great follow for the inaugural GOAT Cup! Callaway is such a top notch organization top down and Jason and Austin are prime examples of why. The Dormie network is doing something extraordinary and they have such a incredible rotation of courses to choose from that keeps growing it’s hard to beat that type of hospitality and who could forget THP and all they do to create these amazing experiences that are every lunatics dream.

Awesome follow today! Looks like everyone had a blast and that course is absolutely incredible! Classy move by Callaway and great to hear we will get another Goat Cup.

We split 4. I remain up three.
@smgoldstein net birdie gets his match back to +2
This was my best run of holes I was playing the best golf I could. It's tough to go down early and try and claw back especially when your opponent is forcing pushes on net birdies or pars with real birdies and pars. I tried and man was it fun. Hats off to Dan for playing absolutely LIGHTS OUT today.

This was my best run of holes I was playing the best golf I could. It's tough to go down early and try and claw back especially when your opponent is forcing pushes on net birdies or pars with real birdies and pars. I tried and man was it fun. Hats off to Dan for playing absolutely LIGHTS OUT today.
You mean the hole before five, which you casually hit the fairway, hit the green, and two putted for the Win?

I remember that fondly.

Awesome follow today! Looks like everyone had a blast and that course is absolutely incredible! Classy move by Callaway and great to hear we will get another Goat Cup.
They really were amazing. I probably annoyed the hell out of them asking questions about tech and what's new and what ideas they have going forward for balls and soft goods. Even got an early look at a new version of a golf glove and man it will be my go to. Also @JB I know I haven't mentioned him much in my posts but he is good at what he does and is pretty funny. I wish I could have grabbed my phone quick enough to get the hug between him and Austin but I missed it. :D

You mean the hole before five, which you casually hit the fairway, hit the green, and two putted for the Win?

I remember that fondly.
Yeah that was the start of the run of holes. When I get consistent and more comfortable I'll put up a better fight next time!

We made it to Jersey, another hour and 45 to go

Back