What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Every version of the chromesoft. They perform for sure. For my game the super softs I played worked the best. Just wish they spun on approach/chip shots but I played my best golf this weekend with a super soft in the matte green.

I played mostly chrome soft this week.

turns out I reaaaaally like it.
Oh very nice…sorry thought someone in the video said it was the LS

Lost my ERC Soft in the rough on 9, so played Bstone BRX on the back nine.
I prefer the ERC Soft. It’s seems longer off all clubs ( missed every green short on the back, save one on a flyer.)
the ERC stops better with the 6-8 irons as well.

Every version of the chromesoft. They perform for sure. For my game the super softs I played worked the best. Just wish they spun on approach/chip shots but I played my best golf this weekend with a super soft in the matte green.
Try the ERC soft…

Oh very nice…sorry thought someone in the video said it was the LS
That was in alt-shot, playing AT's ball of choice hahaha

I was alerted at that time I should be an LS guy.

I pulled a sleeve of Vice Drive from my grab bag on Sunday. It’s not bad fora budget ball, but they scuff way too easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played a Bridgestone B XS today. Easy to work off driver, a bit too easy at times.lol. but it sure has teeth on approach shots and short pitches.

Scramble ball was the CUT Blue - I believe I lost tremendous distance with Pro V1

Played a supersoft and a super hot instead of a chrome soft. I was surprised played well, felt good, checked up. I’m not sure where I’m going from here….probably try a lot of different brands/models at this point

I played some Maxfli Softfli USA balls that my nephew gave me for my birthday. At first I thought I'd just give them to my wife but decided what the hell, I'll play them in league. I was pleasantly surprised. I shot my best score on the back 9 on that course. Distance seemed to be decent and although I didn't put any of my approach shots on the green, I chipped really well with them. I'll probably go ahead and use them all myself. Not a bad ball for $20 in my opinion.

Callaway's SuperSoft since I forgot the Chrome Soft balls at home.

30 putts (great for me) due to an on-point short game, especially chipping.

Had a few hop and stop approaches.

IMG_20220817_092017127.jpg
That one was from 105.

But I really liked the Chrome Soft Truvis as well....

Just bought 3 dozen Bridgestone E12 contact balls in green. The one I found went straight as an arrow, so hoping for good things.
Meh, same old, same old. Still slices on a bad hit. When these 3 dozen are gone, I think I will go back to my Srixon Tour Divide balls.

Played the 2022 AVX again today and they flat out perform! I haven't been able to get my hands on some 2022 Tour B X and that is the last of the ones I want to try.

The 2022 CSXLS is actually in the lead right now overall. If I had to make a gamer call right now it would be them.

I played the Srixxon Q Star Tour Divide today.
I really like the QStar Tours. Solid ball that will check up. The Orange Divides are nice I have only seen them in the wild 2x and both times at small private courses, Never seen them in a big box.

Meh, same old, same old. Still slices on a bad hit. When these 3 dozen are gone, I think I will go back to my Srixon Tour Divide balls.
After another round with the E12s, I have a better review of them.
If you hit a slice, the ball will initially slice, followed by a straight line (will not continually slice). This is ok.
If you hit a flush driver shot, the ball will go far, just not as far as my Srixon Q-Star Tours.
The ball does not hit as high off the tee as my other golf balls. This may be good.
The ball seems to roll more on chips onto the green. May have to doubly verify this though.
The bright green is easy to spot on the ground, yay.
I have not played these in the wind yet, which may be their greatest asset.

With all the very positive reviews of the Maxfli Tour ball, I picked up a dozen to see for myself. I probably picked the wrong day to evaluate it, as temperatures started in the low 70s compared to the mid and upper 90s we've been playing in. Also, the breeze was out of the North instead of the prevailing South for this time of year. As a result, it was difficult to judge how it truly compares distance wise. I found the ball acceptable off the tee, but seemed short when hitting irons. I am going to wait for temps to climb back up (and they will) to give it another go.

Practiced with the Tour B RXS in yellow. It is interesting, it is soft like a soft feel and spins like a prov. For those chasing a soft ball and wants green side spin, this could be an interesting choice.

I tried the Maxfli Straightfli today. Didn’t lose any for a change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Made the decision to go with the Chrome Soft CSX LS for our club championship weekend and it flat out performed for me

Very little release on mid to long iron approach shots, drop and stop on wedges and I even spun a few back (which isn't the norm for me)

played the ZS diamond yesterday for the first time in a while...forgot how good that feels off the driver.

Still liking the SuperSoft, but now am in ERC Soft ponder mode. I think I need Triple Track in my life.

Still liking the SuperSoft, but now am in ERC Soft ponder mode. I think I need Triple Track in my life.
ERC was really long for me and that was great! On the other hand, I don't care for the triple track. Wish they made them without.

Not that I am recomending this ball due to it's color, but I found a black Vice golf ball and decided to test it out on a short, simple par 3 where I wouldn't likely lose it. It felt great off of the tee with a wedge, had a soft feel on chips and with the putter, too. I was surprised how well I could see it on the green, but finding it in the rough trees water neighboor's dininging room of rich mahogany my typical landing areas would be tricky.

1661186652070.png

1661186734438.png

Back