CONTEST Live Update Thread: The GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

Stock Stu. Steady Stu. Mr Fairway. PokerStars dot net, etc etc hahaha

@smgoldstein hit every shot out there. Super steady, low stress golf, which is soooooooooo rough to play against in matchplay! It is always really interesting to see the lower caps at an event and how they've managed that number, and he's no exception. He'll just beat you down with fairways and greens, and par you to death.

Also had a blast chatting with him during the evening putting session, and I now am either owed like 10k or owe 10k for the contest haha - can't remember. Loved that my good man - was very fun.
You're too kind brother. For the record:

1. I think it was a push on the putting green
2. I only won money at poker when you were the dealer
3. I'm glad I didn't play you at match play yesterday-with those blistering driving iron tee balls that flew by my drive and those soaring iron shots-some of which still haven't come down to the silky smooth putting stroke.
4. Keep doing what you are doing for THP-it is greatly appreciated.

I actually had the opportunity to meet @pumbaa twice this week, which was pretty cool. The first time I met him, he didn't have his best, and I know that is SUCH a hard thing to battle on a course that is welcoming, but also unruly when you're off. But enough of that, let's talk about the second time.

If Pumbaa1 met Pumbaa2, he'd have asked for lessons from him. My dude hit AWESOME shots on day 2, including some net birdies (the one on 9 was a really great moment for me buddy), and some net pars after finding a bit of trouble early and recovering like a champ.

Long story short, I am SO impressed with the way you battled back man - You should be proud of that and I really hope you can build on it!
Definitely a tale of 2 days. I think playing that extra set of holes in the afternoon on day 1 with @ccjimmy2001 really put things in perspective. We were there to have fun and not worry about scores. I hit some good shots and it was all good from there.

You're too kind brother. For the record:

1. I think it was a push on the putting green
2. I only won money at poker when you were the dealer
3. I'm glad I didn't play you at match play yesterday-with those blistering driving iron tee balls that flew by my drive and those soaring iron shots-some of which still haven't come down to the silky smooth putting stroke.
4. Keep doing what you are doing for THP-it is greatly appreciated.
Stu you are the man. You're "boring" golf is something to behold I am not sure I saw a bad shot out there in 2 days.

I'm not sure you could get much more of a wildcard than @ccjimmy2001 hahaha - After a couple of unfortunate departures from Team Tudor, we welcomed Jimmy to the team and he hit the ground running with his glorious madness. If you want to get an idea of who he is, just check out the Goat shirt he picked for dinner while the other three of us were in the slow lane hahahaha - He took a train. He did a brewery crawl to the event.

Long story short, he was a GREAT cartner to have. Lots of fun to be around, willingly vocal about how insane this experience was (which I love hearing), and offered up a couple of compliments at the right times about my content on THP which meant the world to me.

Glad to have met you, buddy - now post more on THP 😄

I don't really have anything to add to this post other than I wanted to bring it back to the top in case anyone missed it for the sake of prosperity and relevance.

@pumbaa @ccjimmy2001 @smgoldstein @BuckNasty -

What an event, guys. It was so fun getting to know each of you and sharing a few hours out on the course, doing what we love. There's nothing better than the game of golf that can bring "strangers" (loosely used) together and turn into friendships.

Got into this office with a surprise on my desk. The gloves we talked about made it to my office. Was so excited to share these with you guys ahead of the event, but being able to ship them to you after makes this even sweeter! @JB and @Canadan will be gathering up your shipping info so I can get these out to you!

Might be tough to put on the glove with that ring on your finger!
1660754057359.jpegIMG_3535.png

What an event, guys. It was so fun getting to know each of you and sharing a few hours out on the course, doing what we love. There's nothing better than the game of golf that can bring "strangers" (loosely used) together and turn into friendships.

Got into this office with a surprise on my desk. The gloves we talked about made it to my office. Was so excited to share these with you guys ahead of the event, but being able to ship them to you after makes this even sweeter! @JB and @Canadan will be gathering up your shipping info so I can get these out to you!

View attachment 9113042View attachment 9113040
Screw the rest, I want all of them.
#TheGOAT

WOW

Those look amazing :oops:. Also it was great meeting you and teeing it up with you.

I will have some summary comments for each day of the experience and some overall comments around the experience/state of my game later tonight after work, but first I just wanted to hit on some highlights for each of the participants:

@ccjimmy2001 - my Jersey partner-in-crime, you brought a ton of energy into this experience (slight assist to caffeine haha) and had a smile on your face the entire time. I had a blast being your partner/cartner for the last 2 matches of this experience, and your positivity is what helped carry me through my matches when it seemed like my swing just couldn't be found. Looking forward to getting together soon for some rounds before winter comes and ends our golf season.

@smgoldstein - the silent assassin, I really enjoyed getting to watch you on the course (you're as steady as they come) and getting to know you off the course. Hopefully we are able to tee it up again when you come down to Jersey every so often!

@pumbaa - my 2022 weight loss/nutrition thread brother, you've put in some serious work with both your body and your swing and it shows! I really enjoyed our time together and sharing stories with each other, and hope we can play a round soon since we were not able to be paired up with each other this experience.

@Canadan - It was a pleasure to reunite with you at another experience after our win at the 2019 Morgan Cup. I always enjoy the banter that we get into and getting to watch you swing a club (even though it was only a few times) is always an absolute treat. One of these days we will get a round in together, but until then keep crushing it here on THP, love all the content you contribute to the site.

@JasonFinleyCG - I wish I brought some kind of game with me and was able to give you a battle in our matches, but I still had a great time despite my absence of a swing haha. I enjoyed getting to know you off the course, and truly appreciate you taking the time to answer all the questions we had with regards to the industry/callaway/golf balls and all the zingers you were dishing out to Team Tudor.

@AT_CG - I hope your back is healing up after having to carry me for most of our first match with JB/Stu haha. You're an absolute bomber and it was a joy to watch you move the ball around the course. Our time together on the course was great, but I had even more fun getting to you know on a personal level. Thank you for sharing so many stories with us, both golf and non-golf related. You have an infectious personality and a heart of gold, and I hope we are able to connect when you come out to the Tri-state area later this year.

@JB - As was the case in my first 2 experiences, it is always a ton of fun getting to spend some time with on and off the course. Thank you for all that you do for this forum and its community!

@GolferGal - Thank you for everything that you do behind the scenes for both the forum and the experiences! The food lineup for this experience was off the charts (and I gained 5 pounds over 2 days because of it haha). And thank you for putting up with @ccjimmy2001 500 questions via PM haha.

Wow, that glove is awesome!!! So very cool!

so ******* good

@BuckNasty it truly was a pleasure even though you took our money in poker( we said no rebuys but somehow you came back :D). We will definitely have to tee it up, hopefully I can get up to jersey sometime soon and get a reunion round with everyone. Glad to hear you and the wine made it back safe.

I also forgot about how fast these live threads move during the experience, I have about 1500 messages to catch up on and look forward to doing that tonight

I also forgot about how fast these live threads move during the experience, I have about 1500 messages to catch up on and look forward to doing that tonight
Don't do the dinner posts before you eat... It was not a good strategy for me before lunch.

Don't do the dinner posts before you eat... It was not a good strategy for me before lunch.
My stomach is not happy with me about going back into my standard routine today after being treated to such large quantities of phenomenal food the last 3 days

Last edited:
But even reading after eating, you’re left kind of disappointed with what you just ate. Unless you’re a chef I don’t think there’s a good strategy to be had for the dinner posts.

My stomach is not happy with me about going back into my standard routine today after being treated to such large quantities of phenomenal food the last 2 days
I like how you made a costco dog the appetizer and dessert of the three days of greatness.

But even after you’re left kind of disappointed with what you just ate. Unless you’re a chef I don’t think there’s a good strategy to be had for the dinner posts.
I had ramen...

from a Styrofoam cup lmao

Back